Home

The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

This is a discussion on The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius? within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:54 AM   #17
Rookie

smpipkin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

Here following. Better work on my Titans.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Cool idea, will be following
Old 02-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpipkin
Here following. Better work on my Titans.

Thanks for the follow!
Old 02-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #20
Rookie

February 23, 2015

It's been a hectic last month - I haven't found much time to myself for anything.

We just finished the combine. I reviewed hundreds of different players with our scouts and coaches, trying to find those guys that fit our needs and schemes perfectly.

We area still kicking around a number of players for our first selection at number two overall: Winston, Mariota, Cooper, Randy Gregory, maybe trade the pick away. When you are coming off a 2-14 season, you have a lot of holes to fill.

We have a couple of private workouts set up with a few of the top-notch guys, but the draft is approaching quickly. I may not update again until draft day. Too busy.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #21
Rookie

April 30, 2015

Draft Day.

Tampa has the first pick. They have been floating all sorts of rumors out there, but all of us in the Titans camp think they are leaning towards Jameis Winston. That would mean we would have the choice of one of the top three guys on our board: Amari Cooper, Marcus Mariota, or Randy Gregory. We had several talks with the Eagles and a few other teams about trading down in the first round, but couldn't come close to what we wanted in return, so it looks like we will be drafting number 2 overall.

* With the first pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... Jameis Winston, quarterback, Florida State University. The Tennessee Titans are now on the clock.*

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #22
Rookie

April 30, 2015

We are on the clock. Our dude is still there. The player I have been pushing for - Marcus Mariota. It's not my call, but I have definitely made my opinion known over the past few months.

* With the second pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select.. Marcus Mariota, quarterback, University of Oregon."

Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #23
Rookie

July 15, 2015

Getting ready for the pre-season. I've been a part of all sorts of rookie symposiums and meetings and everything to get our entire offensive side of the ball ready for the new season. We didn't make a whole lot of moves this offseason other than through the draft in picking up Mariota. We did release Jake Locker, but I am feeling surprisingly confident in what we have on this side of the ball. The difference between success and failure in the NFL is tiny, and I think we are making the adjustments necessary to really shock some folks this upcoming year.

Going into camp, this is a breakdown of our skill positions:

QB: Mettenberger, Charlie Whitehurst, Marcus Mariota, Dominique Davis

I think Mett is our number one guy going into camp, and probably has a pretty good chance of being the starter Week 1 against the Steelers. Charlie has a good feel for everything, and is a veteran guy that we can depend on if necessary. The entire staff is in love with Mariota, but I don't think anyone wants to throw him out there quite yet. He's got so much to learn still, and we want him to just be a sponge as much as possible. Davis... well, I don't want to use the term "camp arm" but he doesn't have much of a shot to stick around. We needed another body to throw some balls, and he was available. Maybe he can impress us before we have to make some hard decisions on numbers.

HB: Shonn Greene, Bishop Sankey, Dexter McCluster, Leon Washington, Jackie Battle

We have a bit of a logjam. I would say that Greene and Sankey are probably are top two guys going into camp, but we definitely need to find a way to get the ball into Dexter's hands a good bit over the course of a season. Jackie Battle gives us a bit of a battering ram that could be helpful as well. Leon is a solid back in this league, but right now might be the odd man out. We will have to see how things play out during camp.

WR: Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Brian Robiskie, Marc Mariani, Derek Moye, Michael Preston

Nate and Kendall have to step it up this season. I am really looking for one of these guys to become "The Man" who is our go-to target on third and long. Justin gives us a deep threat, but he has to become more polished and drop less balls. The other guys - Robiskie, Mariani, Moye, and Preston, are really looking to fill in in our four and five wide sets. I haven't seen enough on any of these guys to put one ahead of another. It's going to be a battle throughout camp.

TE: Delanie Walker, Taylor Thompson, Chase Coffman

Delanie is a favorite of mine. He's a hard-worker, he hustles, and we know he's going to hold onto the ball. Taylor is getting better every day, and I like what I see on film when we pair them both together on the field at the same time.

We are getting ready for the pre-season. Some of these position battles will be exciting to watch. But I'm ready for the games that actually count...
Old 02-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #24
Rookie

August 7, 2015

Pre-season game one: Redskins at Titans

Matchup Preview | August 7, 2015
@
Washington Redskins
(0-0, Away)
Tennessee Titans
(0-0, Home)

This was the first pre-season game, and my first chance to see this team in action in a real game setting against another opponent.

Ugh. Sloppy play across the board - it's no wonder we were 2-14 last year! Drops across the board, 2 fumbles, and holding calls all night. I was very disappointed by the first team offense.

We gave up two early field goals and fell behind 6-0 after the first quarter. We pulled Zach after the first, and he finished the night 3-5 for 26 yards. Not a lot to write home about, but at least he left healthy.

Whitehurst played the second quarter and the first part of the third. He had a bit more success moving the ball, but another offensive fumble kept us off the board again. The running game was average, with none of the guys really separating themselves by doing anything of note. A Redskin TD upped their lead to 13-0 before the third stringers found their way into the game.

We got a chance to see Mariota for the first time, and I was very impressed. Early on, he took a couple of ill-advised sacks, but managed to adjust fairly quickly. We were trailing by two scores, so it was primarily passing - we had abandoned the run for the time being. Late in the third, he led the team down for our first TD of the night, hitting Marc Mariani to cut the deficit to 13-7.

We traded punts and field position for most of the fourth, but got the ball back with about 3 minutes to play and 75 yards between us and a score. Like a veteran, Mariota stood up and looked confident in the huddle. He clearly doesn't have a total grasp of the offense in just his first pre-season start, but his instincts looked great - against a third string defense, but great nonetheless. Marcus hit Brian Robiskie on a slant route with about 35 seconds left, and Robiskie sprinted the last few yards for the score. 14-13, good guys.

Pre-season game one is in the books.

Mariota finished 11-19 for 137 yards and 2 TD's in about a quarter and a half of work.

(PS - still figuring out the tables. The games will look better going forward)

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 02-05-2015 at 08:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »