Home

The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

This is a discussion on The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius? within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

Setting up a franchise where I will strictly be playing the offensive side of the ball. Settings and sliders will be listed in following posts, but with all of the goodies, no constant four verticals or cheats, etc. Looking to follow the career of an offensive coordinator from team (to be announced shortly) to potential head coach or whatever...I will be posting this in diary form from the point of view of the coach.

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 01-29-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Diary of Scott Frost: Offensive Genius?

Reserved for season settings, sliders, and any other fun stuff

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 01-29-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Reserved for career records and awards
Old 01-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

December 29, 2014

It's been a long day here with the coaching staff at Oregon. Preparing for the first ever college football playoff game against Jameis Winston and the Florida State Seminoles. I've been putting in 16 hour days over the past couple of weeks, tweaking our game plan and going through every imaginable scenario to be sure our team and I are 100% prepared for the task at hand. I've got one of the best quarterbacks around in Marcus Mariota, but being prepared for every twist and turn is critical.

I hear my cell-phone buzzing incessantly Some number I don't know with a 407 area code. Ignore. Buzzes again. I ignore again. The third time I can't handle it anymore. "Yeah, this is Scott. Who is this?"

There's some fast talking on the other end. A name I missed while I was checking out Seminoles game film. Something about the NFL. "Huh? What? Who is this again?"

"Scott, have you heard the term Black Monday? It's the day after the final game of the regular season in the NFL. Coaches and coaching staffs getting fired left and right. I'm calling to let you know that your name is on a number of radars as a potential QB or offensive coordinator in the league - if you are interested in leaving Oregon, that is. Just wanted to check your interest."

My mind starts to race. "I can't deal with this right now," I stammer. "I'm a little busy trying to get ready to coach in a pretty damn important football game myself in a couple of days." I hang up abruptly. Idiots.

I rewind back a few plays of game tape and try to re-focus. But my mind starts to wander....

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 01-29-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

January 2, 2015

What a game. Marcus and the guys really took control of the game, and the defense did their part as well. We pulled away in the second half, and early in the fourth I was already thinking about our game plan for Alabama or Ohio State. I caught myself once or twice in the past few days thinking about the NFL as well. I haven't had a second to even consider it in the past few days, but during a commercial break, it popped into my head. If only for a second. I shook it off, and re-focused on the fourth quarter and FSU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

January 6, 2015

Six days until the national championship against Ohio State. I've basically turned off my phone, said good-bye to everyone I loved, and have locked myself in with the rest of the coaching staff and players in preparation for this game. It's a whirlwind. I am 100% committed to this team and our goal to win a championship. I've never mentioned the random call about the NFL to anyone - my family, Coach Helfrich, no one really.

I put my head down at 2:30 am for a quick sleep before tomorrow starts up again. For some reason, I decide to actually check my phone. Six voice mails. One from the family, one from my brother, and four from different NFL representatives in some form or fashion. Atlanta. Tampa Bay. St. Louis. Tennessee. I turn my phone back off. I can't think about this.

But I don't delete any of the calls.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Rookie

January 12, 2015

Ouch.

The championship game did not go as planned. It was close for awhile, but in the end we were beaten soundly. The entire team and staff is dejected. Mariota has been leaning towards going pro, and I don't know if this helps or hurts that. We are planning on meeting tomorrow to discuss his plans. We have had several talks already, but everyone just wants to know if this defeat changes anything.

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 01-29-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

January 13, 2015

Meeting with Marcus Mariota. He's definitely going pro. He's probably going to be one of the top two players taken, so it's really a no-brainer. It hit me hard, though, when he told me why he was leaving. He wants to compete against the best. He wants to see how he measures up against the elite of the elite. He knows he can do it in college, and he needs to prove it to himself and everyone else he can do it in the pros.

Well, damn. That really makes me wonder. Why have I been avoiding these calls from the NFL? Oregon is fantastic, but the NFL is... well, it's the NFL. Chip Kelly made the jump. Marcus is making the jump. Could I make the jump? I guess it doesn't hurt to dip my toes in the water and see what is out there...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »