Home

The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James

This is a discussion on The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #9
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Aight, I'm in. If you need any help, don't hesitate to PM. Another new dynasty! Loving it!
Thanks and I for sure will! I updated post 2 of the thread with the coach bio and introduction!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #10
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

WHO?

James hires offensive coordinator Henry

In his first major move as Head Coach of the Florida Atlantic Owls Jordan James has hired a no-name offensive coordinator to join his staff. Dalton Henry, a long time friend of James, is set to takeover the reigns as the offensive coordinator effective immediately. The 22 year old is without a doub the youngest offensive coordinator in the nation. The hiring has been under some scrutiny considering Henry's only experience as a coach was his two years as a graduate assistant at Ohio State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach James
They can say what they want, I was always told to surround yourself with people who are on the same mission as you. I have known Coach Henry for a long time and I know he has what it takes. He will come help build this program up with me. He knows my system just as well as I do and I need him here. He is great with quarterbacks and is a great addition to the Owl Nation.

James will however be keeping Roc Bellantoni on staff as the defensive coordinator.

Quote:
Roc is a great guy and just happens to run an extremely similar defensive philosophy to mine. He knows FAU football and he will be staying here.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Old 05-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #11
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Lotta similarities between you and me. Same home states, same alma maters, similar coaching styles. Interested to see how this goes.

If you don't mind, I'd like to discuss your offense. I liked the description of your philosophy as it sounds a lot like mine. I think of my style as a mix of the Wisconsin power-run game & the Auburn spread-option. PM me if you like.

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #12
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
Lotta similarities between you and me. Same home states, same alma maters, similar coaching styles. Interested to see how this goes.

If you don't mind, I'd like to discuss your offense. I liked the description of your philosophy as it sounds a lot like mine. I think of my style as a mix of the Wisconsin power-run game & the Auburn spread-option. PM me if you like.
Shooting you one right now!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Old 05-22-2015, 12:24 AM   #13
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Talking Re: The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James

MEET THE OWLS

The Offense

Quarterback Jaquez Johnson last season
At Quarterback Jaquez Johnson, the junior from Starkville, Mississipp will be running the show from under center. Jaquez is an excellent runner and the best thrower on the roster, which isn't saying much. With just 80 throw power and throw accuaracy (best in both categories) Johnson won't be asked to throw too many intermediate routes this year.
Quote:
Johnson will thrive in the offense. He has the speed and ability to run which I value extremely. Games will be won on his legs this year. He can also throw the ball when needed, and with Coach Henry working with him he has shown improvement everyday so far in camp.

Running back Jay Warren in practice
Running back will be by committee this year as no running back showed enough to solidify himself as the number one back. Redshirt sophomore Jay Warren looks to lead the rotation. He doesn't have the blow away speed but can be very shifty and break tackles. Greg Howell is a true freshman who will get some time. He makes up for his average speed with his excellent vision on the field.
Quote:
Yeah we will be a committee this year. To say that no running back showed that he was the number one back shouldn't be taken as an insult. I find that we have 2 or 3 backs who can give us production on the field and that is definitely a good thing. Some games Jay may have 20 carries and others he may have 10, same with Greg and the others. If a guy is hot we are gonna roll with him but as of right now it is running back by committee.

Standout receiver William Dukes smiles after burning a corner
At receiver the position will be headlined by senior William Dukes. The 86 OVR 6'4 receiver is looking to have a breakout year that could possibly send him into the draft. Other than Dukes, the Owls have about 4 guys who could all contribute at receiver. Freshman Trey Rodriguez is a name to look out for whether he in in the slot or on the outside. Senior Lucky Whitehead could make an impact as well this year. Tight end Alex Deleon has the speed to beat linebackers and the size to be a matchup nighmare for safeties. He could be a huge weapon for Coach James this year.
Quote:
Dukes has been flat out killing it in practice. He is big, fast, and has hands like a Tijuana hooker. Look for a big year from him. Trey has the speed where he could beat guys on the outside deep but he also could play a little in the slot this year he is my ideal slot guy. He may even get some carries this year. Overall I am very excited about our receiving core, our passing attack could surprise some people this year.

Quarterback Jaquez Johnson behind the line in practice
If you had to surprise the offensive line in one word it would be "Youth". With only 3 of the 13 offensive linemen being upperclassmen the Owls have a lot of growing up to do this fall. Reginald Bain could anchor the LT spot for 4 years after he redshirts this year. But with 3 offensive linemen rate 78 and up and a starter no less than 74 this line could be pretty solid this year. Tackles Eric Minemeyer (Senior RS 79 OVR) and Vinny Davino (Junior RS 78 OVR) will control the outside linemen positions while Isaac Edwards (Sophomore RS 79 OVR) will start at left guard while Braden Lyons (Senior 76 OVR) will be snapping the ball this season
Quote:
From the numbers it looks like we are very young on the line and that is right. But that can be a good thing as well. We start two seniors and a junior, a long with a redshirt sophomore so it's not like we are throwing out babies we just have a lot of young depth. There will be a battle for the the spot at right guard but other than that everything is pretty solidified so far and I am just really happy we have all these young guys to help mold and develop a long the way. We have 5 freshmen, and I could feel comfortable playing all of them but most will probably see a redshirt this year to save a year of eligibility and they're comfortable with that they see the bigger picture.
Quote:
Overall I believe this offense is good and will get better throughout the year. The guys have been working hard and I am looking forward to seeing it pay off in my first year here. Lots of playmakers, lots of depth on the line. Everyone has done a good job of learning a very complex system and I excited to get the games started,
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Old 05-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #14
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

MEET THE OWLS
The Defense

Brandin Bryant is a force on the Owl defensive line
The defensive line this year at FAU has some youth. Not as much as the offensive line, but they do have some young guys who can produce very well. With two potential all-conference players at defensive tackle in Brandin Bryant and Trevon Coley, they will make the Owl inside run defense very strong. Redshirted this year, freshman Josh Kendall may not stay on the defensive side of the ball. Coach James believes he realistically could play both ways next year if he works hard in his redshirt year. Defensive tackle Derek Butcher will provide depth on the interior. Defensive end will be a pass rusher by committee this year as well.

Quote:
The interior of our defensive line is one of the strongest parts of our team. I don't expect many teams to be able to successfully run up the middle against us. We do have some quality pass rushers on this team as well. Robinson Eugene and Trey Henrickson will get the bulk of the snaps, but we will rotate as much as possible to keep guys fresh. Shalom Ogbonda is a guy I am really excited to see this year based on his versatility. He is a guy I decided to switch from tackle to end, but he could provide depth on the interior while also getting a quality amount of snaps on the end. Haiden Nagal will also rotate in and see the field a bunch.

Senior Middle Linebacker Andrae Kirk against Bama
At linebacker in Coach James system you have to have speed and he has just that. Senior impact player and leader David Lozandier will lead the efense at outside linebacker. David is the prototypical linebacker in Coach James system. Andrae Kirk, another senior leader on the defense, will be the man in the middle. He's an athletic linebacker who is excellent in coverage and provides excellent run support. Josh Ballesteros is a sophomore who is a stronger clone of David Lozandier. He will be seen out of place sometimes looking confused on the field sometimes though.

[quote=Coach James]You can't teach speed, and these guys have it. We are very fortunate to have as many leaders as we do. David is the captain of this team and just brings 110% on every play and expects the same out of his teammates. He knows what every position is doing on the field and is like another coach. Kirk will bring the wood up the middle this season and Josh has been working hard to get everything right. I told him from day one if he is going to mess up he better mess up going 100 miles an hour. You will also see Kris Harris true freshman outside linebacker at every linebacker position this year. He is so talented you have to have him on the field at some point. Overall I am very excited about what our linebacking corp this year."

Cornerback D'Joun Smith running after an interception
D'Joun Smith will lead the corners and take on the number one receiver each game. He is the most athletic of all the corners and looks to have a big senior year. Cre'Von LeBlanc is a junior who will be looking to make an impact as well at the other corner. The nickel guy will be true sophomore Reggie Brown and Anthony Hamilton the redshirt freshman safety will come in to play the dime corner. Hamilton is also the backup to both safety positions behind seniors Christian Milstead and Damian Parms. Very experienced secondary.
Quote:
D'joun and the rest of the corners have worked hard all camp to better themselves each and every day. The reason you will see Anthony Hamilton all over the depth chart is because of his versatility and overall skill. He's a redshirt freshman and is too good to keep off the field. He's a free safety but could fill in wherever is needed. Reggie Brown is another player who can play every position in the defensive backfield but he plays corner. Teams better not sleep on our secondary
Quote:
Overall I think our defense is full of tough kids who are gonna come out and lay the wood down on some teams. We are a fast physical defense who will be looking to crack some heads this year and it al starts week one against Miami.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Old 05-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #15
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

COACH JAMES RELEASES FALL DEPTH CHART

Florida Atlantic Owls Depth Chart - 2014-15
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRWilliam Dukes (85)Trey Rodriguez (72)
TEAlex Deleon (70)Michael Harrop (68)
LTVinny Davino (77)Arthur Crouse (69)
LGIsaac Edwards (79)Dillon Deboer (65)
CBraden Lyons (77)Shane Blair (71)
RGMikingson Marsaille (73)Dillon Deboer (65)
RTEric Minemeyer (78)Arthur Crouse (69)
WRLucky Whitehead (70)DJ Juste (71)Jenson Stoshak (70)
QBJaquez Johnson (78)Greg Hankerson (69)
FBN/A
HBCommitteeJay Warren (75)Greg Howell (71)Tony Moore (69)
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDERobinson Eugene (70)Shalom Ogbonda (69)
LDTBrandin Bryant (83)Derek Butcher (67)
RDTTrevon Coley (79)Derek Butcher (67)
RDETrey Hendrickson (73)Haiden Nagel (68)
WLBDavid Lozandier (80)Kris Harris (72)
MLBAndrae Kirk (82)Kris Harris (72)Nate Ozdemir (67)
SLBJosh Ballesteros (79)Kris Harris (72)Robert Relf (67)
CBD'Joun Smith (74)Reggie Brown (71)Anthony Hamilton (66)
SSDamian Parms (74)Anthony Hamilton (70)Reggie Brown (69)
FSChrstian Milstead (74)Anthony Hamilton (73)Reggie Brown (71)
CBCre'von Leblanc (74)Reggie Brown (71)Anthony Hamilton (66)
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #16
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

2014-15 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW
Preseason Polls