Home

The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James

This is a discussion on The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13
The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James

THE ACE- The Coaching Career of Jordan James

After years of reading and failing dynasties I have decided to start this one and keep it continued for a while. I would like to give credit to Deuce, KswGrad, Sportsguru, and the long lost JLWebb. You all are the ones who have got me hooked, or kept me coming back to the forums to do this.

Heisman difficulty with sliders TBD and tested

8 minute quarters with clock run off

Rosters: got them from OS with some modifications of my own

House Rules: This is a video game and I will treat it like one, however, I will try to be as realistic as I possibly feel is needed. I will have recruiting restrictions though.

I will NOT be able to recruit 5 stars in or out of state unless they show interest in me (this is at the first job, once I receive a new job I will have new rules)

I will NOT be able to recruit 4 stars out of state unless they show interest in me. I will try and make a play at some in state 4 stars.

Anything 3 stars and below is fair play!

My other house rules will however have to do with taking a new job.

I will NOT leave unless I have raised the school prestige at least two stars or more.

I will NOT leave until I reach double digit wins in a single season and win the conference championship twice and win a bowl game.

I will add in CAPs or CACs at some point in the dynasty.

The goal is to eventually climb the ladder and become the greatest coach of all-time. Here we go!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Re: The Ace-The Coaching Career of Jordan James

Coach Biography
Will be updated throughout the dynasty

Coach Jordan James grew up in Ohio, where he played high school football as a quarterback in the Wing-T offense. He also played OLB. He ended up leading his small high school to the state finals where they lost the championship game by two touchdowns. After graduating high school he wanted to pursue a degree in teaching and sports administration at THE Ohio State University. His dream was going back home to coach football in his hometown. However, after an unlikely run in with Jim Tressel in the fall of his junior year of college he lucked into an opportunity to volunteer and help out the team. He would help film, set up practices, sit in on coaches meetings, fill out charts, anything to help the team. After receiving his bachelor's degree, Tressel had requested that he remain with the team and join the staff as a graduate assistant. A couple years later tatto-gate happened, and the staff had become in need so Jordan James was named the running backs coach of THE Ohio State University. When Urban arrived he wanted to keep some of the coaches on staff to help keep the players comfortable, so he named Jordan James co-offensive coordinator and assistant head coach. Two years later (one of which was an undefeated season) Jordan James was a 27 year old with a head coaching job at....

NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Season Recaps
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:54 PM   #4
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Dynasty Hall of Fame

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:54 PM   #5
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Awards, Records, and All-Americans
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

CAPS and CACS
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Coaching Style

If you asked Coach James what offense he was running, he would look at you straight in the eye and tell you he was running a fancy version of the Wing-T. James was a Wing-T quarterback in high school, and worked under Urban Meyer(one of the brightest offensive minds in history) as an offensive coordinator for two years. He took the concepts from both offenses and blended them both together. If you looked at it you would see something similar to what Auburn runs.

Quarterback mobility is extremely important in James offensive system, however James as well as any great coach would adapt to his personnel as needed.

James prefers to use multiple running backs, but if he has a dominant number one running back he would give him the bulk of the carries. Likes to have a power back, a speed back, and a blend of the two to run his offense.

At receiver speed is extremely important, but James really enjoys having big targets to throw to as well. Slot receivers do well in his offense and are as important if not more important than the outside receivers.

When it comes to defense James runs a base 4-3. But he will throw multiple looks at the opposing team.

Speed and the ability to get to the quarterback from defensive ends/edge rushers is very important, as is bulk and run stopping in the middle.

At linebacker speed is everything. Middle linebacker can get away with not having good speed as long as he is good at stuffing the middle. James prefers to have safety-like outside linebackers.

At corner James prefers a balance of man and zone along with superb athleticism, but if they can cover they don't have to run a 4.4. Free safety should be a centerfielder type, and the SS should be a run stopper with good zone coverage ratings.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

Last edited by HARLEE23; 05-21-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #8
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Aight, I'm in. If you need any help, don't hesitate to PM. Another new dynasty! Loving it!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »