Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #1697
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Good luck against Pitt Cheese - like the others have said, they have some holes, but Tedford is a great football coach and should have them playing at a high level. That speed in the secondary is no joke - this game, on paper, appears to be an amazing match-up.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #1698
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

HAIL TO PITT! That said, good luck! Looking at the matchup, Pitt has some playmakers out wide but who knows if their QB has the ability to feed them the ball. Other than their center, their OL looks like a weak point especially with the quality of your DL, so hopefully you can wreak havoc in the trenches and disrupt Pitt's offensive rhythm and come away with the win!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 08-18-2018, 08:10 AM   #1699

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Cheese, glad to have you back on my brother and sorry it took me a couple of weeks to respond. Work has been insane.

Incredible win versus Virginia Tech. Singleton has really come to play. Love those sideline shots this version of NCAA gives you. The pictures of Coach Clayton really adds a lot to the story.

On another note, I see what you're doing there with the revo speed helmets. I started doing that during the season I am in too, and it really makes the games look all the more modern-era-like. Fine attention to detail there sir; great minds truly do think alike.

Good luck against Pitt; they look very, very formidable. You need to take full advantage of that weakness of theirs at right tackle. Mike Mackey should eat Kyle Whitmore's lunch in this one. Also, I'd try to get Kevin Singelton matched up one-on-one versus Julian Wilcox; Singleton should be able to beat him to the edge on swing passes, and a deep wheel route out of the backfield could also do the trick.

Good luck man...love seeing this thing back active again!

Last edited by Deegeezy; 08-25-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #1700

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Looks like Goode has been filling in nicely for Fuller. Watch out for the upset!
Goode is a guy who has always played way beyond his ratings. He had our number last season when he came in and scored two critical second half touchdowns. We are hoping to not have a repeat of last season. Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
This could be tight. They have speedsters in that secondary, that means tight passing windows and could make going to the air difficult. I'd look for mismatches getting a running back or slot receiver on their linebackers if anything.

Their D-Line is decent, but there is a weak spot in the middle at DT and MLB.
Iso and dive type runs could give you a lot of success. With an MLB being so key to stopping the run, I have high hopes for Singleton this game.

Your teams have very similar offensive personnel. It should be interesting to see their offense, because their strength looks to be the run, but if I recall Tedford likes to go to the air. They have decent receivers, but your d-backs aren't amazing, so it will be a good matchup.

Make good calls and you will come away with the win!
Great analysis and breakdown as always SB. Their secondary looks very good and with our passing attack already being a little lackluster this season, I definitely see us having to rely on our ground game a lot in this one. It also means that we must keep control of the tempo and not let them jump out to any sort of a big lead.

You are absolutely spot on with Tedford. He will most likely show us a spread no huddle look like he did last season. We have historically struggled against the spread no huddle so I am a little worried about that. Another reason, I want our offense to go nice and slow ground and pound. The gameplan will be to wear down their defense while not allowing our own to get gassed running down receivers all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Should be a tight game. Their offense is kinda lackluster and there's a couple weak links in that front 7, but their secondary is talented and really fast.
This is definitely a game where I want to pound them between the tackles with Singleton. I think if we try to get fancy and move away from our strength, that secondary will make us pay dearly. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof21
Good luck against Pitt Cheese - like the others have said, they have some holes, but Tedford is a great football coach and should have them playing at a high level. That speed in the secondary is no joke - this game, on paper, appears to be an amazing match-up.
Tedford is a fantastic coach and he certainly stuck it to us last season. He will bring out his fast paced offense I have no doubts. We surrendered close to 350 yards through the air last time we met. This is a game we have circled on our calendars as we try to get revenge for last season. I am getting excited for this one! Thanks for checking in Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
HAIL TO PITT! That said, good luck! Looking at the matchup, Pitt has some playmakers out wide but who knows if their QB has the ability to feed them the ball. Other than their center, their OL looks like a weak point especially with the quality of your DL, so hopefully you can wreak havoc in the trenches and disrupt Pitt's offensive rhythm and come away with the win!
Haha I had no doubts you would be out showing the love for your Panthers in this one! I think you are absolutely right about the Pittsburgh offense. I am hoping if we can get Mackey and the boys to get some penetration we can throw off their young signal caller and hopefully cause him to make some mistakes. Thanks for following along man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Cheese, glad to have you back on my brother and sorry it took me a couple of weeks to respond. Work has been insane.

Incredible win versus Virginia Tech. Singleton has really come to play. Love those sideline shots this version of NCAA gives you. The pictures of Coach Clayton really adds a lot to the story.

On another note, I see what you're doing there with the revo speed helmets. I started doing that during the season I am in too, and it really makes the games look all the morning modern-era-like. Fine attention to detail there sir; great minds truly do think alike.

Good luck against Pitt; they look very, very formidable. You need to take full advantage of that weakness of theirs at right tackle. Mike Mackey should eat Kyle Whitmore's lunch in this one. Also, I'd try to get Kevin Singelton matched up one-on-one versus Julian Wilcox; Singleton should be able to beat him to the edge on swing passes, and a deep wheel route out of the backfield could also do the trick.

Good luck man...love seeing this thing back active again!
My brother, always so good to hear from you. I am so happy to be back and active again. Feels so good to be back reporting with the Eagles. I am also happy to see you going strong with the Wave.

I love that you always pick up the subtle details I put in like the sideline shots and the Revolution helmets. Like you said great minds... I have been doing full equipment edits before each game. Really makes everything look so much nicer and makes for some great shots.

Singleton has been the man so far this season and is leading all the Heisman conversation. He has just been unstoppable. It does worry me a little though how one dimensional we are becoming. I was watching the Friday Night Lights movie the other night with my girlfriend and realized Singleton is our Boobie Miles. If he goes down, our season might as well.

Should be a very evenly matchup with the Panthers and definitely a grudge match. I am hoping our cornerbacks don't get exposed in this one. Thank you as always for checking in my man!

Thank you fellas for the great feedback and responses. I will be firing up the Pittsburgh game Saturday afternoon in true college football fashion!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #1701
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh man, that's a long wait for this game lol. Good luck once again.

I gotta echo Geezy on the equipment edits, I do it too and it makes a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #1702

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Oh man, that's a long wait for this game lol. Good luck once again.

I gotta echo Geezy on the equipment edits, I do it too and it makes a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Thank you man! I am hopefully going to get the game posted later this morning. Equipment edits and the attention to the little details makes all the difference in immersion for me.

Editor's Note:
Prior to the Pittsburgh game, the quarter length was increased from 8 minutes to 9 minutes, in order to increase the total number of plays per game. This change will be carried forward throughout the duration of this dynasty.

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 09-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #1703
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Thank you man! I am hopefully going to get the game posted later this morning. Equipment edits and the attention to the little details makes all the difference in immersion for me.

Editor's Note:

Prior to the Pittsburgh game, the quarter length was increased from 8 minutes to 9 minutes, in order to increase the total number of plays per game. This change will be carried forward throughout the duration of this dynasty.

Agreed. Before each game I edit all opponents. Typically to newer style helmets, tight sleeves and lower their shoulder pads at minimum. Just those few things help a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #1704

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Agreed. Before each game I edit all opponents. Typically to newer style helmets, tight sleeves and lower their shoulder pads at minimum. Just those few things help a lot
Couldn't agree with you more on this SB. It truly is the little things and I like seeing it pay off in the pictures captured.

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »