Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #1785
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Good win,it's always fun to have a comeback win. It's a huge cost losing Singleton though. When my RB went down with a torn pectoral, he was slated for four weeks. He wound up missing six as he was questionable for two additional weeks.

This should be a good test for the depth at running back, hopefully the offense doesn't stumble.

On a more personal note, I recently had a torn muscle injury and MAN OH MAN it hurts lol.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #1786
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

The picture of Singleton is awesome. Honestly the presentation in some of the older games (you're on 12, I believe, right?) really outstripped some of the things NCAA 14 did when they really tried to streamline the presentation. That said, it sucks to lose your stud tailback, but you've seemed to be able to find ways to win without him so I don't feel any different about that now! Brooks seems to have been a real lightning rod for you this season on both sides of the ball, could we be seeing him worked into the offense more as a change of pace with Singleton out for an extended period of time?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 12-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #1787

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfine
Dang, the field goal in the fourth was the decider. Great game for the Eagles.
Thanks for checking in man. That Iowa game was definitely by the skin of our teeth. The Hawkeyes always seem to play us tight. Hope you continue to follow along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Good win,it's always fun to have a comeback win. It's a huge cost losing Singleton though. When my RB went down with a torn pectoral, he was slated for four weeks. He wound up missing six as he was questionable for two additional weeks.

This should be a good test for the depth at running back, hopefully the offense doesn't stumble.

On a more personal note, I recently had a torn muscle injury and MAN OH MAN it hurts lol.
Thank you for the great feedback as always SB. Definitely a great win for us as a team but so painful to see Singleton go down. I have a feeling that this will be a nagging injury like you said that could see Singleton gone for quite some time. He was leading the Heisman voting going into the matchup and is not even in the top five now. Just a devastating turn of events.

I was really pleased with the way Henderson and the passing attack shouldered the load. While Davis had a solid game running the ball, I would have liked to see a little more of a spark from the ground attack. We are going to have to regroup our offense in general as I am not convinced the passing performance is one we can repeat week in and week out.

Ouch a muscle tear of your own?! That sounds like no fun at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
The picture of Singleton is awesome. Honestly the presentation in some of the older games (you're on 12, I believe, right?) really outstripped some of the things NCAA 14 did when they really tried to streamline the presentation. That said, it sucks to lose your stud tailback, but you've seemed to be able to find ways to win without him so I don't feel any different about that now! Brooks seems to have been a real lightning rod for you this season on both sides of the ball, could we be seeing him worked into the offense more as a change of pace with Singleton out for an extended period of time?
Thanks for the kind words and checking in moose! I am playing on NCAA '12, my favorite version of all time. I never got into another version the way I did this one. I always find it interesting to see how everyone seems to have their own take on which version is their favorite.

We definitely will have to regroup a little on offense. I am not sure Davis is quite ready to shoulder the load on his own so we will most likely be doing a little bit of running back by committee during Singleton's absence.

Brooks is really a jack of all trades and such a once in a lifetime player. I would love to utilize him a little more on offense and could see him doing some more jet sweep and option like plays in the future. We really need to focus on getting him the ball in space.

Sorry for the delay again fellas; the holidays were busy and life has taken off a bit. I am flying to Michigan in the coming week to interview at several major hospitals so a move may be in my future. My girlfriend (a veterinary nurse) will be interviewing out there as well. Also other exciting life news...I bought a ring...girl doesn't know yet....Anyways, updates should become a little more regular for the time being. Thank you for all the support as always my friends!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #1788
MVP

OVR: 7

Nice victory - but a huge loss with Singleton going down to an injury. Despite the records, you have two tough road games upcoming, it will be interesting to see how the team preforms. Keep up the solid work! Congrats on the life news as well!
Old 12-29-2018, 07:30 AM   #1789
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Honestly, with ADJ in the backfield, I wonder how much of a loss Singleton will be at all. Obviously his presence will be missed, but certainly not irreplaceable.

Nice to see Avery Brooks making his mark, especially for all the hype he was anointed before even getting on the field. You've really done a great job recruiting the last few years, I can't wait to see the young Singleton get on the field. We all know how it's (usually) the younger brothers who end up better anyway.

Congrats navigating a tough schedule so far, don't get caught looking too far ahead to Nebraska or (possibly) the conference championship!

All my best on the real world stuff Cheese, happy to hear that things are going so well!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #1790
Pro

jpfine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Congrats navigating a tough schedule so far, don't get caught looking too far ahead to Nebraska or (possibly) the conference championship!
Literally just looked at the remaining schedule and I was about to say that Michigan State and Northwestern shouldn't be huge problems. But I second Guru, take the easy games with a grain of salt because they could come for real and beat you up unexpectedly.

Congrats with your good news! Wish you all the best!

Indy Eleven | Rutgers | NY Giants | Watford
Old 12-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #1791
Rookie

Congrats, Cheese!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2018, 09:19 PM   #1792
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

A big congrats Cheese. It’s great to see you making big strides in both your personal and professional life. As someone who has reached that point with a career and family, I can honestly tell you the best is yet to come.

Good luck with the interviews, and hoping it’s a big “yes!”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »