Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2016, 09:59 AM   #657
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Great win man! Tough break on Humphrey though. Maybe Michigan is ripe for the picking at 0-2?
Old 01-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #658
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

Fantastic victory! Time for parks to rise and shine as the new #2.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #659

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Eastern Michigan making a statement this year! Great defensive performance and huge step for the program. Now you get a chance to go into Ann Arbor and kick the Wolverines while they're down. Excellent opportunity upcoming my friend!
I will be honest, I was completely shocked by the defensive performance we put up in this one. We didn't do anything flashy, no turnovers or sacks, just solid defense all the way around. If our defense could play like that every week, we could be a really dangerous team. Alas, I don't think we will be that lucky.

Despite their record, Michigan is still very good on paper. I would love the chance to finally hand them a loss though. It would be huge for our program. Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
It's very, very hard to root against Michigan, not just because I ran a U-M 'nasty, but here's your shot at finally beating them. Hoping you can keep this up!
Haha believe it or not as we speak, I am wearing Michigan sweat pants so I know the feeling my friend. I am a Virginia Tech alum myself but my Dad is a faculty member at Michigan so my family is up in Ann Arbor.

As I was telling Deegeezy, Michigan is stacked as always but I would love to at least make it close. We have been blown out every time we have played them in the past.

Tough loss for your squad in overtime against NIU. We were rooting for you.

Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRocket
Jesus, my team got straight rocked lol.
Yeah that was an ugly game. Unfortunately you got to be the coming out party for second year UL Monroe quarterback Corey Nash. Nash was the top quarterback prospect two offseasons ago and shocked the nation electing to go to UL Monroe. He played sparingly last season but this year is their starter. He threw six touchdowns in this one. Hang in there my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Great win! Second one against a power five already this year! I told you that your boys were right at the brink.

Very tough loss with your RB going down. Looks like that 1-2 punch is now a solo shot, unless your #3 can step up. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Thanks Silver! It was such a fantastic game for us and would have been even better if we hadn't lost Humphrey. I am afraid that will really hurt us down the stretch.

We will probably move to more of a solo performance with Thomas. Unfortunately we don't have anyone on the roster that can make up for Humphrey's big play speed. Parks is solid but is pretty much just a slower/greener version of Thomas. He will still get solid playing time as I would like to have Thomas fresh for the fourth quarter. I am thinking the breakdown will be something like Thomas getting the bulk of the work in quarters 1,2, and 4 and let Parks handle the third quarter. We will see though how it goes.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerMark
Great win man! Tough break on Humphrey though. Maybe Michigan is ripe for the picking at 0-2?
Thanks Mark. Definitely a bit of a bitter after taste to play such a great game but to have it come at such a high price.

We have a chance to jump on Michigan here while they are down but they still have us on paper easily. Hopefully it will be a good game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
Fantastic victory! Time for parks to rise and shine as the new #2.
Parks was one of the first three star recruits I ever pulled in and was actually the beginning of the influx of Canadian talent on our team. I would love to see him step up and rise to the challenge. As good as Thomas is, he will need some help out there. Any injury at that position now could put our season on life support.

A tough loss for you against Northwestern, the offense really couldn't get much going.

Thanks for checking in man!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 01-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #660

Cheese2121's Arena

Year 4 (2014), Game 4, Preview

Matchup Preview | September 20, 2014
@
Eastern Michigan Eagles
(2-1, Away)
Michigan Wolverines
(0-2, Home)
Season Leaders
M. Iannotti – 33-69, 568 YDS, 4 TD, 6 INTPassingM. McCray – 28-65, 425 YDS, 4 TD, 3 INT
R. Thomas – 61 CAR, 295 YDS, 3 TDRushingS. Roth– 30 CAR, 185 YDS, 0 TD
N. Vaughn – 12 REC, 198 YDS, 2 TDReceivingC. Barnett – 7 REC, 98 YDS, 0 TD
Head Coaching Comparison
Dan ClaytonHead CoachBrady Hoke
3Years with Team3
(31-13)Head Coach Record(25-16)
Injury Report
HB Joel Humphrey (72)
Torn Quad - Out for Season
WR Jeremy Jackson* (90)
Broken Tailbone - 6 Weeks
Roster Matchup
Eastern Michigan Eaglesvs.Michigan Wolverines
POSName (yr) - RatingPOSName (yr) - Rating
QBMark Iannotti (rs-jr) - 79QBMarques McCray (rs-so) - 86
HBRobert Thomas* (jr) - 83HBJustice Hayes (rs-jr) - 86
FBDylan Brooks (sr) - 68FBKerry Howell (sr) - 53
WRNick Vaughn (jr) - 80WRRaymon Taylor (sr) - 83
WRReggie Johnson (so) - 74WRErnest Ray (so) - 82
TEJay Phillips (so) - 73TETheo Mayfield (jr) - 86
LTLincoln Hansen (rs-sr) - 71LTBryan Gray (jr) - 86
LGShawn Sinawe (rs-sr) - 78LGLeon Byers (so) - 83
CJosh Woods (rs-sr) - 75CJohnny White (rs-sr) - 87
RGBobby McFadden (rs-sr) - 69RGTony Posada (rs-jr) - 79
RTSean Holley (rs-so) - 69RTChris Bryant (rs-jr) - 84
LEMike Mackey (fr) - 76LEBrennen Beyer (rs-jr) - 82
REDavid Tyson (rs-fr) - 68REKenny Watkins (rs-sr) - 90
DTTremayne Smith* (jr) - 81DTRichard Ash (rs-sr) - 88
DTMichael Coleman (fr) - 69DTTerry Talbott (rs-sr) - 86
LOLBJeremy Curry (rs-sr) - 68LOLBJake Ryan* (rs-sr) - 90
MLBJoel Hicks (fr) - 64MLBNick Greene (fr) - 78
ROLBTony Sharp (rs-so) - 71ROLBCraig O’Neal (rs-so) - 81
CBWes Dunlap (so) - 70CBTerrence Talbott (rs-sr) - 91
CBJeremy Ernst (so) - 68CBJason Toth (jr) - 87
FSAlbert McDaniel (fr) - 76FSJosh Furman (rs-sr) - 86
SSChris Dunlap (rs-jr) - 72SSCorey Newsome (fr) - 78
PKLarry Taylor (so) - 79PKNick Hawkins (fr) - 76
PKody Fulkerson (rs-sr) - 80PWill Hagerup (rs-sr) - 96

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

Last edited by Cheese2121; 01-25-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:47 PM   #661
Rookie

Big win, Cheese! Losing Humphrey is a bummer but the good thing about a great duo backfield is that you can lean on Thomas much more now. Then again, with the rash of injuries at the RB or QB spot the last couple of years, maybe that's not a good thing.

Now, go beat the Wolverines!

As for around the NCAA, interesting that Ohio State is 0-2 against the MAC this year. Also, dramatic improvement for Mr. Richard Harrison's defense at Memphis in game two. I'll take that yardage total any day. At least it wasn't 800 yards allowed, eh, B-Rocket? ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #662

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Big win, Cheese! Losing Humphrey is a bummer but the good thing about a great duo backfield is that you can lean on Thomas much more now. Then again, with the rash of injuries at the RB or QB spot the last couple of years, maybe that's not a good thing.

Now, go beat the Wolverines!

As for around the NCAA, interesting that Ohio State is 0-2 against the MAC this year. Also, dramatic improvement for Mr. Richard Harrison's defense at Memphis in game two. I'll take that yardage total any day. At least it wasn't 800 yards allowed, eh, B-Rocket? ;-)
Thanks mike for the great feedback! Definitely a huge win for us and the program. We are really making big steps this season. If we can pick up a win or even keep it competitive against Michigan, we will be really reaching new heights.

It really hurts to lose Humphrey and I am worried it will take its toll on the offense down the stretch. Thomas is the man, no doubt about that but he has struggled with injuries in the past and if we were to lose him, we would be in real trouble. I also have concerns with how it will affect the gameplan. Having Humphrey play heavily in the second and third quarters allowed us to keep the bruising running style of Thomas fresh for the end of the game where we could really hammer the defense to put games away. With Thomas playing more now, we won't have that. Depending on how he plays, I might be able to work Parks into a heavier role, but he doesn't have the game-breaking speed. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out down the stretch.

Definitely a big improvement for your squad in week two. I actually watched some of your game and you all had Miami on the ropes until the fourth quarter. I know I have said it before but with Memphis, I would say you definitely have the greatest challenge of all the CAC's. Poor B-Rocket was the victim of the former blue chip quarterback prospect Corey Nash, who is tearing things up at UL Monroe.

Thanks again for checking in!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 01-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #663

Cheese2121's Arena

Year 4 (2014), Game 4, Eastern Michigan at Michigan

Eastern Michigan halfback Robert Thomas breaks free of Wolverine defenders on a 57-yard touchdown run in the first quarter / Senior fullback Dylan Brooks punches in the game winning score in overtime.

A New Dawn: Eastern Michigan Tops Michigan 35-28 in Overtime Thriller

Wolverines battle back from early deficit; score 14 points in just over three minutes to force overtime | Eagles running game apparently unstoppable, amassing 332 yards on the ground | Brady Hoke in trouble? Wolverines now 0-3 on season | Eastern Michigan opens conference play next week against rival Chippewas.

AP Ann Arbor – For the first time ever, the Eastern Michigan Eagles defeated their in state 'big brother' rivals, the Michigan Wolverines, 35-28 in an overtime thriller. Prior to the game, the Eagles were 0-12 all time against their cross-state rivals, with Michigan dominating every meeting by multiple scores. Michigan head coach Brady Hoke could find himself on the hot seat with the team now off to an 0-3 start. Hoke signed a three year contract extension this past offseason. The Wolverines seemingly had no answer for the Eastern Michigan rushing attacked that amassed 332 yards. Junior HB Robert Thomas took home player of the game honors for his 192 yard, three touchdown performance. Despite battling back to force overtime late in the game, scoring 14 points in just over three minutes, Michigan would fail to complete the comeback in front of the hometown crowd.

Just Short: Eastern Michigan nearly won the game in regulation, but junior wide receiver Nick Vaughn was dragged down on the one yard line after catching a 'Hail Mary' pass as time expired.

Eastern Michigan scored first in the contest, as Thomas capped off a long 13 play, 75 yard drive with a five yard touchdown, on their opening possession. The Wolverines would only need one play to answer as HB Justice Hayes left Eagles defenders grasping at air on an electrifying 71-yard touchdown run. Eastern Michigan would get the momentum back, however, as Thomas would respond with a 57-yard run of his own. A 10-yard run from Hayes would leave the two teams tied at 14 apiece at the end of the first quarter.

The Eagles would thwart a Michigan scoring opportunity midway through the second quarter when sophomore CB Wes Dunlap picked off a wayward pass in the endzone by QB Marques McCray. Thomas punched in his third touchdown of the day, on a one yard plunge just before the break to give Eastern Michigan a 21-14 lead at halftime.

The Eagles would extend their lead midway through the third quarter as QB Mark Iannotti found redshirt senior WR Eric Kennedy on a nine yard slant pattern. Kennedy was junior college walk on from Detroit several seasons ago. The Wolverines would take a blow on offense near the end of the third quarter, when Hayes had to be carted off the field with a back injury. The redshirt-junior tailback is expected to miss multiple games with severe back spasms. The Eagles took a comfortable 28-14 lead into the final frame.

The game looked to be all in hand for Eastern Michigan, until the Wolverines found new life behind the arm of McCray with just over three minutes remaining in the game. Combined with a stiffening of the Wolverine run defense, McCray would lead back to back scoring drives, throwing touchdown passes of 50 and 20-yards to tie the stunned Eagles. Eastern Michigan would nearly have their prayers answered on the final play of regulation as Iannotti connected with junior WR Nick Vaughn on a last second desperation heave. However, a touchdown saving tackle by redshirt senior FS Josh Furman would force the game into overtime.

Perfect Timing: Eastern Michigan freshman defensive end Mike Mackey picked the perfect time to get his first career sack as he dragged down Michigan quarterback Marques McCray on third down to force a fourth and long situation in overtime.

"That play at the end of regulation reminded me of the Ram-Titans Super Bowl back in the day with Kevin Dyson being dragged down just short of the goal line. Football truly is a game of inches." -- Eagles Head Coach Dan Clayton

Winning the toss, Michigan elected to go on defense first. The Eagles would turn back to their ground game, capping off their possession with a short goal line punch by senior FB Dylan Brooks. The Eagles defense would rise to the occasion on the ensuing possession as they held strong. A sack by freshman DE Mike Mackey, would leave the Wolverines in a fourth and long situation. McCray's desperation heave would fall harmlessly to the turf as the Eagles ran off the field triumphant.

"This is a historic win for our program. To come into Ann Arbor and come away with a victory over a team like Michigan is just huge. The Wolverines are widely considered the best team in our state so to get this victory carries big implications both on and off the field." -- Eagles Head Coach Dan Clayton

Eastern Michigan (3-1) will open conference play next week at home as they welcome rival Central Michigan (0-3). The two teams played an ugly defensive struggle combining for seven turnovers and just one offensive touchdown last season. Eastern Michigan won 20-10. Kickoff will be at 12:30 pm est.

Eagles Injury Note: For the second week in a row, the injury bug struck Eastern Michigan. Sophomore WR/KR Reggie Johnson had to be carted off the field in the second quarter after a kickoff return. Johnson suffered a strained pectoral and is expected to miss at least one game with the injury. WR Eric Kennedy will step into the second wide receiver role and reserve HB Bronson Hill will handle special teams duties.

Classic Game Score: 759 (#5 Overall)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eastern Michigan Eagles at Michigan Wolverines
Sep 20, 20141ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Eastern Michigan Eagles (3-1)14770735
Michigan Wolverines (0-3)140014028
Team Stats Comparison
EMUMICH
Total Offense551432
Rushing Yards332127
Passing Yards219305
First Downs2712
Punt Return Yards1513
Kick Return Yards104107
Total Yards670552
Turnovers01
3rd Down Converstion12-18 (66%)4-8 (50%)
4th Down Conversion2-3 (66%)0-2 (0%)
2-Point Conversion----
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4/0 (66%)1/0 (33%)
Penalties1-5 yds3-11 yds
Posession Time30:398:14
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGEMUMICH
3:55(EMU) R. Thomas 5 yd run (L. Taylor kick)70
3:41(MICH) J. Hayes 72 yd run (N. Hawkins kick)77
2:35(EMU) R. Thomas 57 yd run (L. Taylor kick)147
0:10(MICH) J. Hayes 10 yd run (N. Hawkins kick)1414
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGEMUMICH
0:27(EMU) R. Thomas 1 yd run (L. Taylor kick)2114
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGEMUMICH
3:05(EMU) E. Kennedy 9 yd pass from M. Iannotti (L. Taylor kick)2814
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGEMUMICH
3:10(MICH) E. Ray 50 yd pass from M. McCray (N. Hawkins kick)2821
0:24(MICH) M. Mitchell 20 yd pass from M. McCray (N. Hawkins kick)2828
OVERTIME SCORINGEMUMICH
--(EMU) D. Brooks 0 yd run (L. Taylor kick)3528
Eastern Michigan Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Iannotti15/2121910
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Thomas311926.13
B. Parks241144.70
D. Brooks571.41
E. Brown3186.00
T. Benz111.00
M. Iannotti100.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
N. Vaughn713018.50
J. Phillips23517.50
E. Kennedy22311.51
P. Hall2168.00
R. Johnson11111.00
B. Parks144.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
P. Hall10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Ernst30.000
W. Dunlap30.010
M. Mackey11.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
L. Taylor0/15/55--
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
K. Fulkerson29145.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
R. Johnson25226.00
B. Hill25226.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
B. Hill2157.50
Michigan Wolverines
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. McCray16/3230521
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Hayes912313.62
M. McCray242.00
S. Roth100.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Mayfield59819.60
M. Mitchell46917.21
R. Taylor4266.50
E. Ray311237.31
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
C. Bryant01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Furman80.000
C. Newsome70.000
C. O'Neal60.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
N. Hawkins--4/44--
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
W. Hagerup210150.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
T. Talbott37926.30
J. Hayes12828.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
T. Talbott11111.00
J. Hayes122.00

2014 Eastern Michigan Schedule/Results
Code:

Opponent (record)         Result      Record
---------------------------------------------------
vs Purdue (0-1)           W 38-31       1-0
at Florida (1-0)          L 20-37       1-1
vs Oregon State (1-1)     W 21-10       2-1
at Michigan (0-3)         W 35-28 OT    3-1
vs Central Michigan
at Ball State
at Western Michigan
at Ohio
vs Northern Illinois
vs Toledo
at Kent State
vs Akron
----------------------------------

Next Game:

Saturday, September 27, 2014 @ 12:30pm

(0-3) at (3-1)

All Time Series Record verse opponent (30-55)
Last Meeting Eastern Michigan W 20-10 (2013)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 01-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #664
Pro

Nice win! Good to see you finally beat U-M! Now you have to carry this momentum into conference play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »