Home

Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

TURNING BACK THE CLOCK

A lot of people have done lots of different things with the ability to edit conferences on the console and especially since the editors have come out. Rather than going geographic or relegation or futuristic for conference alignment, I decided to set up my dynasty in the mid-to-late-80s, when the landscape of college football was very different.

CONFERENCES

The conferences will be set up as follows: ACC (8 teams), Big Eight (replacing Big XII), Big Ten, Big West (12 teams, replacing C-USA), MAC (12 teams), Pac-10, SEC (10 teams), Southwest (9 teams, replacing American), Sun Belt (12 teams), WAC (9 teams, replacing Mountain West), and 26 independents. There are only conference championship games in the three “smallest” conferences, as from what I’ve found, the dynasty doesn’t work with no conference championship games. I’m sure I’ll move on to conference expansion at some point, but my little alternate universe will almost certainly be different than how things have actually turned out.

BOWLS

Traditional tie-ins include: Cotton Bowl (SWC champ), Holiday Bowl (WAC champ), Orange Bowl (Big 8 champ), Rose Bowl (Big Ten champ vs. Pac-10 champ), and Sugar Bowl (SEC champ). There were far fewer automatic tie-ins for teams that don’t win their conference, meaning they can accept invitations to whatever bowl they prefer depending on tradition, prestige, potential opponent, TV revenues, travel distance, and other factors.

THE TWISTS

Since so many seasons ended back then with debate as to who the true #1 was and even split National Champions, I will do a plus-one system, meaning all the traditional bowl games will be played and then we’ll debate the two most deserving teams and have them fight it out for the title. It will be sort of a combination between the playoff and the BCS system.

Also, I have figured out how to edit recruiting classes, so I’m going to create a number of real recruits each season. This will add an extra bit of realism and fantasy to this dynasty since some players will certainly commit to different schools than they do in real life. Some might be bigger stars or busts. If you are interested in using this class in your own dynasty and have some knowledge of the editors, please see the post here.

Without further ado....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

University of Washington Huskies
Seattle, WA – Husky Stadium (72,500 capacity)
Starting season: 2014 with Buffeye Rosters.
Head Coach: Chris Petersen (1st year at UW, 92-12 in 8 seasons at Boise State).
All-time record: 690-425-50.
Bowl record: 17-16-1.
Conference championships: 15 (most recent: 2000).
National championships: They claim two, one in 1960 and one in 1991, which they shared with Miami-FL.
Most successful coach: Don James, 1975-1992, 153-57-2 (10-4 in bowls). Honorable mention goes to Gil Dobie, who was unbeaten in 61 games (58-0-3) from 1908-1916. During that timeframe, UW set an NCAA record with 64 straight games without defeat.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Pro

Old 06-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #4
Pro

Old 06-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
Pro

Last edited by mattrd39; 06-19-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

I hope it's okay to post bro, but this is awesome work! You have a follower in me.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #7
Pro

WEEK ONE
Note: This is a light week, as without the conference championship games, more teams have games scheduled in week 15 rather than week 1.

Top Games:
#7/7 UCLA at Boise State. Brett Hundley and the Bruins travel to the smurf turf to take on the Broncos, who begin their first year without Chris Petersen on the sidelines.

#12/12 Georgia at Mississippi State. A pair of potential 10-win teams get things kicked off in the SEC.

Last edited by mattrd39; 06-19-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #8
Pro

WEEK TWO PREVIEW
Biggest news: Mississippi State jumps into the rankings following their 31-28 win over Georgia.

Top Games:
#1/1 Florida State at #21/21 Texas A&M: The 'Noles begin their title defense by traveling to Kyle Field, where the 1-0 Aggies look to dethrone the champs.

#9/9 South Carolina at #22/20 Georgia: The Bulldogs lost a heartbreaker at Mississippi State to open the season. Things don't get any easier as they host the Head Ball Coach and his South Carolina squad.

#24/23 North Carolina at Miami-FL, Georgia Tech at Louisville: A couple tough contests as a pair of ACC teams challenge some strong southern independents.

Florida at #16/24 Mississippi State: Can the Bulldogs avoid a letdown following their big win over UGA? Coming off a 4-8 season, Will Muschamp and Florida face a tough test in stopping junior QB Dak Prescott in their season opener.

HUSKY PREVIEW
Starting quarterback Cyler Miles, a redshirt sophomore, has been suspended for the opener following an incident this offseason. He and WR Demore'ea Stringfellow, who was dismissed from the team and ended up at Ole Miss, were involved in an altercation on Super Bowl Sunday.

Miles, who hails from Colorado, got into a fight with some Seahawks fans near the Seattle campus after his Broncos were thrashed in SB48.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »