Home

Tearz49ers Presents: The Chequerboard Endzone

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers Presents: The Chequerboard Endzone within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 06:44 AM   #33
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers Presents: The Chequerboard Endzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese2121
Very cool premise and I love how you did it. Looking forward to seeing the regular season get underway.
Cheers bud, but as I have said it's an idea modified from ToySoldier back over at SS.

I'm looking forward to what's in store, it's a different project that I am used too but there's also more than enough talent in the team to handle our own and not be the bully boys best target in the SEC.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 1

Dobbs, Dormady, and Jones were extremely accurate in the spring game, but looks like the two freshmen on the white team could have thrown the ball away rather than taking all those sacks. Ahhh, freshmen.

I'm guessing Josh Malone and/or Preston Williams will have a big year for you catching the ball, both seem super talented.

Tennessee should be fun, best of luck in the SEC.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:15 AM   #35
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

VOLS INSIDER 2015 PRE-SEASON COVERAGE

By James Stovall, volsinder.go.com

Knoxville, TN -- Coming off the yearly Orange and White game, Tennessee head coach Butch Jones was left with some easy choices to make when it came to his depth chart for the next season off college football.

Today, Jones made those changes to the Roster.

MAGGITT MOVED BACK TO LB -- This one was easy, depth at outside linebacker is a massive issue and it was only highlighted in the spring game when true freshman Darrin Kirkland Jr. lined up at OLB for the Orange team.

Chris Weatherd is a good player but not fantastic, the issue hear was whether or not he could man the outside over the tough SEC schedule ahead, the answer was clearly no in the minds of the Vols coaching staff and thus they moved senior Maggitt back to linebacker from defensive end, Maggitt is a proven player at the position and instantly improves the defense even more by playing that role.

QUINTEN DORMADY TAKES REDSHIRT -- Dormady is the future for the Vols, he might have had a rough spring game but he clearly is the quarterback with the most upside.

This move has been on the cards all spring, and in my mind it was the right choice for the program.

"We could have redshirted all three guys," head coach Butch Jones told reporters. "But we couldn't, and whilst we felt comfortable going forward with any of them we feel Dormady at this point is going to be the guy."

CORTEZ MCDOWELL MOVE TO CORNER -- Here is one guy that shone throughout the whole of spring, he played some linebacker but looked better at corner and the choice to play him there in the orange and white game paid off with him having a pick six.

Today, it was announced that McDowell would move from linebacker to corner on a permanent basis and will see playing time this season.

DILLON BATES WILL START SEASON AT MLB -- This was the hardest choice of them all, not because there were several players who played so well in the spring game that the decision was tough for Butch Jones but the fact that not one of five guys stepped up and announced themselves as "the guy".

There has to be a starter in a 4-3 defense, and Bates has been handed that role going into the week one game against Bowling Green but lookout for the likes of Bynum and Jakob Johnson who clearly still have a role to play in this defense with Jones making it clear this battle is not yet over.

VEREEN ANNOUNCED AS STARTING RE -- With Curtis Maggit moving back to linebacker the position opposite to Derek Barnett opened up but only shortly because Butch Jones and his coaching staff had already picked there guy at the end of the spring game, and that guy is junior Cory Vereen, 8 tackles, 5 for losses and 4 sacks in the orange and white game showed the Vols nation what was in store and should Vereen make this amount of impact at the SEC level then it could be a breakout year for him on this defense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #36

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

I am ready for the season to start! Let's go Vols!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 07-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Definitely ready for this season to start, looking forward to the presentation and overall approach you're going to have. Dig the graphic, of course, and the explanation on the moves. Well done!
Old 07-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #38
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrd39
Dobbs, Dormady, and Jones were extremely accurate in the spring game, but looks like the two freshmen on the white team could have thrown the ball away rather than taking all those sacks. Ahhh, freshmen.

I'm guessing Josh Malone and/or Preston Williams will have a big year for you catching the ball, both seem super talented.

Tennessee should be fun, best of luck in the SEC.
It is so frustrating watching the CPU AI have the quarterbacks bob around in the pocket like there playing wack a mole sometimes. The fact they are rush first guys wont help the sack difference either.

I am looking for both Malone and Williams to both have big seasons, you gotta love a guy like Williams who has both talent and size as a freshman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese2121
I am ready for the season to start! Let's go Vols!
So am I bud, so am I. Time is just a little less viable to smash out updates these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Definitely ready for this season to start, looking forward to the presentation and overall approach you're going to have. Dig the graphic, of course, and the explanation on the moves. Well done!
Cheers Matt, just trying to fill gaps where I can't produce a mainstream update
Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #39
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I really liked the Spring Game idea you had. That was a really nice touch and a great way to create/generate some unique content.

I'm rolling through the sub-forum right now and finding threads to subscribe to. Looking forward to future updates.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #40
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
I really liked the Spring Game idea you had. That was a really nice touch and a great way to create/generate some unique content.

I'm rolling through the sub-forum right now and finding threads to subscribe to. Looking forward to future updates.
I think it just adds something new to the dynasty report, even if it was a modded idea from someone else.

Glad to another recognizable name reading along.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »