Home

Dotting the "i" in Win - An Ohio State Dynasty

This is a discussion on Dotting the "i" in Win - An Ohio State Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

OVR: 0
Dotting the "i" in Win - An Ohio State Dynasty

Background
After taking a break from the game for a while, I'm back into it. Since I have a bad case of RDS, I figured doing a dynasty with my favorite team, as well as having people motivating me to keep going, would help me kick it. I'm gonna be starting as an OC and really am not planning on moving anywhere for the first 4 years. I've had this idea for a while, and the Braxton news almost threw a stick in the gears. However, it'll actually help, because I will be able to use him. So now get ready for a two QB battle, but probably not the one you are expecting.

Dynasty Info
Game: NCAA Football 14
System: Xbox 360
Roster: LSUTyga and Team UGA 2015 rosters with some of my own personal tweaks.
Sliders: OS Community sliders.

House Rules: For now, none. I'm going to try and recruit as realistically I can. Maybe in the future I will add some house rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #2
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

Re: Dotting the "i" in Win - An Ohio State Dynasty

Reserved for future
Old 07-26-2015, 11:56 PM   #3
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

Reserved for future use
Old 07-26-2015, 11:57 PM   #4
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

Reserved-Free to Post

Last edited by ShowMeYourTDs; 07-27-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 AM   #5
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

All 3 Ohio State quarterbacks really could return in 2015
By Pete Volk  @Pete_Volk on Jan 13, 2015, 9:19a 3

How much offensive firepower can one team have?

 TWEET (40) SHARE (28) PIN
Ohio State is in a unique situation heading into the 2015 season. Coming off a national title win with third-string quarterback Cardale Jones, injured first-stringer Braxton Miller and backup J.T. Barrett will be healthy and eligible next season.

All three have not only shown capability, but Heisman potential. Miller was one of the favorites before the season, Barrett was one of the favorites during the season, and Jones led the Buckeyes to a Big Ten title and playoff wins over Alabama and Oregon.

In today's transfer market (and with two of the three eligible to leave early for the NFL Draft), how many quarterbacks can Ohio State expect to keep? Miller has been connected by rumors to Oregon, Florida State, and others, and Texas fans are hoping there was something to a gesture Lone Star native Barrett happened to make after the title game.

The trio gave some answers after the Buckeyes' national title win Monday.

"Braxton has told me he's coming back," athletic director Gene Smith said to NFL.com's Bryan Fischer and Chase Goodbread. "I don't know what upcoming decision he's got."

Barrett, a redshirt freshman this season, told Sports Illustrated's Pete Thamel he expects all three to stay.

"I'm not leaving," Barrett said. "I don't think Braxton is leaving. I don't think Cardale is leaving. That's being honest. With that, I mean, it's just competition. It's part of football. It's what we're about to do."

As for Jones, he said he's still considering a departure to the NFL after three career starts, but he still has unfinished business in Columbus.

"I'm not going to say 'definitely,'" Jones said. "(The NFL) is something that I'll consider. My most important focus is getting my degree."

As for the favorite to win the job no matter who stays, you can bet at Bovada on Jones at 11/10, trailed by Miller at 5/4 and Barrett at 7/2.

From Tuesday morning:

Tweet from @Landgrant33
Cardale on NFL: "In my personal opinion, I'm not ready for that level yet. But that's a conversation Coach Meyer and I will have later on."

Article from (http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ors-ohio-state)

Image from (http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/27/15-...rback-battles/)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

Who should start at QB for Ohio State? See what experts say
By Tom Dienhart, BTN.com Senior Writer

B1G HIGHLIGHT - Braxton Miller, J.T. Barrett and Cardale Jones speak at the Ohio State title celebration.
It may be the hottest subject in college football: Who will quarterback Ohio State in 2015?
It’s a conundrum for the defending national champions and Urban Meyer, who referred to the options as “The Magnificent Three” at Ohio State’s national championship celebration.

You know the three guys well, but let’s take a real quick look at them.
There’s Braxton Miller, the two-time Silver Football Award winner as the Big Ten’s top player, J.T. Barrett, the Big Ten Freshman of the Year who rewrote Ohio State and Big Ten record books, and Cardale Jones, the beast who led Ohio State to the Big Ten title, Sugar Bowl title and national title in his first three starts.

I asked some leading college football writers who they think should start under center for Ohio State.

Ralph Russo, Associated Press (@ralphDrussoAP): Best case scenario for OSU is Cardale Jones as the starter in 2015 with J.T. Barrett as backup. Jones seems to have the highest ceiling. The key for Urban Meyer is to get Jones and Barrett to stay, so Ohio State is covered at QB the next two seasons. As for Braxton Miller, he needs to find a team where he can start next season. I don’t think it’s in his best interest to stay in Columbus.

Bruce Feldman, FOX Sports (@BruceFeldmanCFB): I guess the safe answer would be whoever wins the job in training camp, but my hunch is it’ll end up as J.T. Barrett or Cardale Jones, and I’ll guess Barrett. I think he’s the most consistent. At this stage, that’ll be what I think Urban Meyer covets most from the position, although it’s thorny because I could see a bunch of OSU players wanting Jones.

Matt Hayes, Sporting News (@Matt_HayesSN): J.T. Barrett. Think people forget how good he was and who carried the offense before Ezekiel Elliott took over last three games. Think Urban Meyer will use Barrett and Jones like he used Chris Leak and Tim Tebow in 2006 at Florida with situational packages for Jones.

David Jones, Harrisburg Patriot-News (@djoneshoop): Cardale Jones should be the quarterback because he’s exactly what Urban Meyer likes: big, physical and can take the pounding in the spread option that he demands. J.T. Barrett is the best complete quarterback of the three and he should transfer out to Houston. Braxton Miller should become a wide receiver.

Mike Huguenin, NFL.com (@MikeHuguenin): Not that I am chickening out or anything, but, man, I am not sure. I think if Tom Herman still were offensive coordinator, the favorite would be J.T. Barrett, whom I think fits best with Herman’s offense.
Cardale Jones has the most NFL upside, for sure, because of his cannon arm. He is the best passer of the three but also the worst runner (and “worst” is a relative term because while he lacks speed, he certainly doesn’t lack for power).
I think Miller is second-best as both a runner and passer. I think Barrett is the best runner. As a passer, he definitely lacks the arm strength of the other two, but still can be an effective in the spread throwing the ball.
The bottom line: I wouldn’t be surprised if Miller transfers and lets Barrett and Jones fight it out in fall drills. And I think Barrett ultimately wins the job because I think he offers the most upside for the offense as a whole.
My thoughts? If all three quarterbacks return, I think Barrett should get the nod. He’s the best combination passer-runner of the trio. I also like his “gym rat” reputation when it comes to watching film and putting in extra work. Barrett’s upside seems limitless.
For what it’s worth, that’s three votes for Barrett, two for Jones and zero for Miller. Sound about right?

Article from (http://btn.com/2015/01/28/who-should...t-experts-say/)

First image from (http://www.elevenwarriors.com/blogs/...beaten-edition)

Second image from (https://twitter.com/BTNBrentYarina/s...365312/photo/1)
Old 07-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

Cardale Jones to make NFL draft announcement at 4 p.m.

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

AP
Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones appears headed toward the NFL draft after just three college starts.

Jones has confirmed on Twitter that he will make a “life changing decision at 4 p.m.” (Jones initially tweeted that he would make the decision at 3 p.m., then changed it to 4 p.m. Apparently he wants another hour to think about what he’ll say.)

Although Jones hasn’t said what he will be announcing, players rarely schedule press conferences to announce that they’re staying in school. And on the rare occasions when players do make such announcements, the press conference usually takes place in conjunction with the school’s athletics department. But according to multiple reports, Jones’s announcement will be at the Ginn Academy, where Jones attended high school.

So it now appears nearly certain that Jones will turn pro, after one of the most unusual college careers in the history of the sport: Jones only started three games, and in those three games he led his team to victory in the Big Ten Championship Game and then to the national championship with two wins in the first-ever college football playoff.

Is Jones ready to start in the NFL? Not yet. But he has all the tools that NFL teams look for in a quarterback, and less experienced quarterbacks than Jones have been drafted before, including Matt Cassel and Jay Schroeder. Jones is making a decision few expected as recently as a few days ago, but he’s probably making the right decision.

Article from (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ment-at-3-p-m/)

Photo from (https://usatq.files.wordpress.com/20...si_8328075.jpg)
Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 PM   #8
Banned

ShowMeYourTDs's Arena

Cardale to NFL

Posted by Justin Willis on January 15, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT

Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones arrives at a news conference at Ginn Academy in Cleveland, Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015. Jones, who led the Buckeyes to a national championship over Oregon on Monday, announced he will declare for the NFL draft. Jones could be a Top-10 pick. (AP Photo/Mark Duncan)

Earlier today Cardale Jones tweeted he would make a life-changing decision today at Ginn Academy. The popular opinion was that he would declare for the NFL Draft. After all, most people don't hold press conferences about "life-changing decisions" to announce their intent to stay in school. Today at 4:00 PM EDT he supported that opinion and announced he would enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

Cardale has been projected to go anywhere from #1 overall, to between Top 10-Top 15, with some experts even projecting he could go in the second round or later. This is to be expected considering Cardale has only played 3 college games, even if they were the 3 biggest games of the year.

At 6'5" 250 pounds, and with a rocket launcher for an arm, Cardale could a star in the NFL. At the same time, he is unproven and could have some trouble with decision making. QB's with Cardale's physical traits have gone number one in the past, but their talents haven't translated to NFL success.

We'll have to wait to the combine to see how Cardale performs.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the first pick in this years draft. Tune in on April 30th to see what they do. Cardale, Jameis, or Mariota.

Image from (http://collegefootball.ap.org/articl...eturn-buckeyes) *Slightly edited the caption.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »