Home

We Bleed Maroon: Gig 'em Aggies!

This is a discussion on We Bleed Maroon: Gig 'em Aggies! within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
We Bleed Maroon: Gig 'em Aggies!

SOLMON's Fightin' Texas Aggie Dynasty

-Background Info:

I'm an Aggie (Class of 2011) and want to bring them to national prominence. I don't think year 1 is their year, but year 2 we'll have a shot at both the SEC and national championship. So many great story lines:
-QB battle between elite quarterbacks in Allen and Murray
-Garrett becoming a top-5 player in the country / breaking records
-Sumlin trying to keep the momentum on the recruiting trail
-My personal favorite: Can Chavis solidify the Wrecking Crew once again?

-Housekeeping/Rules:

Game System: Playstation 3
Game: NCAA 14
Quarter Length: 9 Minutes
Difficulty: Heisman
Recruiting difficulty: Heisman
Roster: 2015-16 PS3 OS Rosters v1
Sliders: Community / Split sliders
Recruiting Restrictions:
-No scouting (first time I've ever done this)
-Must have A&M in their top 10 to recruit
-Can only cut walk-ons
-3 ATH max, 2 or less QB / WR / RB / DB types
-No more than 20 signees
Transfers: If they want to leave and have a low chance of staying, I can't convince
Players declaring for NFL Draft: I can't try to bring them back
Gameplay: I'll be playing EVERY game. Only simulating extra points, kickoffs, and field goals 50 yards or less to get more accurate numbers.

Last edited by solmon; 08-04-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
Pro

Re: We Bleed Maroon: Gig 'em Aggies!

TEXAS A&M AGGIES ON THE PRESEASON WATCHLIST

Myles Garrett has been named to the Bednarik, Bronko Nagurski, and Rotary Lombardi Award watchlists

Kyle Allen has been named to both the Heisman and Maxwell Watchlist

Mike Matthews has been added to the Remington Trophy Watchlist

Josh Reynolds has been named to the Biletnikoff Watchlist

Germain Ifedi has been named to the Outland Trophy Watchlist

Other Notables: Drew Kaser (Ray Guy), Kingsley Keke (Rotary Lombardi), Julien Obioha (Wuerffel), Tra Carson (Doak Walker)

Last edited by solmon; 08-04-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #3
Pro

AGGIES OFFENSIVE OUTLOOK

With the members of its latest recruiting class now on campus in College Station, Texas A&M's 2015 roster looks all set as the Aggies try to rebound from last year's eight-win campaign. Texas A&M now has some options at quarterback and what looks to be a major battle brewing between two former 5-stars this fall. The Aggies' refocused rushing attack will line up behind a solid offensive line and alongside some of the best playmakers at wide receiver in the entire SEC.

Here is a position-by-position look at the offense for the upcoming campaign.

QUARTERBACKS
One former starting quarterback is out of College Station, as Kenny Hill transferred out of Texas A&M this offseason and is now enrolled at TCU. Hill's transfer left virtually no depth for the Aggies behind sophomore Kyle Allen, who finished the 2014 season as Hill's replacement. Allen went 3-2 with an upset road win against Auburn and a bowl victory where he earned the MVP against West Virginia. Earlier this summer Kyler Murray announced he would opt out of the MLB draft and play football for the Aggies. A few days later, junior college quarterback Jake Hubenak of Blinn signed on, giving the team three options at the position.

Given his talent, Murray will battle Allen for the starting job throughout the summer and into fall camp. If the true freshman does not grab the top spot on the depth chart, A&M could possibly redshirt him and let Hubenak back up the sophomore Allen in 2015.

RUNNING BACKS
Senior Tra Carson and sophomore James White should be the top running backs in what looks to be a refocused ground game in College Station. Carson, who missed the spring recovering from a foot injury, has recorded more carries between the two running backs in these last two seasons.

True freshmen Jay Bradford and Kendall Bussey will provide even more depth this season. The 4-star Bradford could be a speedy receiving option out of the backfield, while the 3-star Bussey also brings youth and quickness to the running back depth at A&M. Additionally, Oklahoma transfer and former 5-star recruit Keith Ford is on campus and will look to be a go-to back beginning next fall.

RECEIVERS
As expected, the Aggies have great depth and talent out wide this season, starting with the return of top receiver Josh Reynolds. The junior caught a school-record 13 touchdowns for Texas A&M despite the uncertainty at quarterback and averaged more than 16 yards per catch. Reynolds is joined by standout sophomores Speedy Noil and Ricky Seals-Jones, both of whom had great freshman seasons last year. Noil flashed his high potential with five touchdown grabs, while Seals-Jones added four of his own after a redshirt season with the program.

In addition to that star trio and a handful of returning reserves, A&M has 5-star wide receiver Christian Kirk, who enrolled early and has the potential to be a difference-maker this fall. Kemah Siverand and Damion Ratley are two other newcomers to the group. Veterns Boone Niederhofer, Jeremy Tabuyo, and Sabian Holmes will also contribute.

TIGHT END
At tight end, Texas A&M must replace Cam Clear, who only recorded five catches for 34 yards in his senior season. Four-star Jordan Davis has an advantage of enrolling earlier this year, and former defensive end Brandon Alexander has gone through another offseason of preparation at the position. Look for Davis to start and make an impact as the season progresses.

OFFENSIVE LINE
Texas A&M's offensive line took a step back in 2014, and Christensen will be tasked with rebuilding a strong front five for the offense. Fortunately, the new assistant coach has several returning starters and a solid amount of depth in this unit. Junior Germain Ifedi started 10 games at right tackle as a sophomore and will be a leader for the entire offensive line this season. The Aggies will have to replace the talents of all-SEC left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi, and redshirt junior Avery Gennesy worked out at both left and right tackle this spring.

At guard, senior Joseph Cheek started nine games at right guard after two years of action as a reserve. Redshirt junior Jermaine Eluemunor along with Jeremiah Stuckey will battle for the starting spot at left guard.

Senior Mike Matthews will enter his third year of starting experience at center and will be a vital part of Texas A&M's uptempo offense. At reserve, A&M has several former blue-chip players to choose from, including redshirt freshman Koda Martin and early enrollee Keaton Sutherland.

Sources: Bleacher Report (with edits)

Last edited by solmon; 08-04-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Hope I'm good to post, I'm here and in. Looking forward to seeing more of our comrades from the roster thread here in the coming days.

If you need any assistance, my inbox is wide-open.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Hope I'm good to post, I'm here and in. Looking forward to seeing more of our comrades from the roster thread here in the coming days.

If you need any assistance, my inbox is wide-open.
Thanks man! Only thing I'm wondering is how to put data in the tables I see a lot? Stats, recruiting, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Follow this link. List of tables on the right, just pick the one you want and go for it.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »