Home

The LA Raiders-Win one for Al

This is a discussion on The LA Raiders-Win one for Al within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Al Davis wasn't doing well. Everyone who followed the Oakland Raiders and the NFL knew the outspoken owner wasn't the same. But, the world still watched live on July 12th, 2011 as he announced, alongside his son Mark, his successor for when he inevitably passes, that he planned to move the Oakland Raiders back to LA, where he had moved them 19 years ago, and then promptly moved them back to Oakland in 1995. Al knew he was very unlikely to see the move to the finish, which would be Mark's job. The team was expected to move into a brand new stadium at the start of the 2013-2014 season, pending approval from the NFL. Thus the saga begins, as the Raiders try to return to LA and maybe even have a winning season before Al Davis passes away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The LA Raiders-Win one for Al

The Raiders limped into their Week 1 matchup against the Denver Broncos with 4 injured players, none of them more important than the season long loss of Darren McMadden, who rushed for 1,157 yards and 7 TD last season. Run DMC suffered a Compound fracture in his left leg during the preseason. The Raiders signed Clinton Portis to fill in for him during the season. Other notable losses include RG Cooper Carlisle and WR Louis Murphy. Depth guard Roy Schuening is also out. Unsurprisingly, the Raiders fell 21-12 behind 3 TD from Kyle Orton. For the Raiders, Jason Campbell had an extremely disappointing performance, with only 226 yards and 2 picks. He was briefly injured and replaced with Bruce Gradkowski, who threw for 64 yards and a TD. More disappointing however was the performances of Clinton Portis (17 carries for 39 yards) and Michael Bush (9 for 21). Jacoby Ford had 6 catches for 102 yards, while Darrius Heyward Bey chipped in 5 for 52, and Chaz Schillens had 4 for 72 and a score. On defense, Rolando McClain led the team with 8 tackles, while Trevor Scott had 2 sacks. Sea bass was 2-3, and hit a 51 yarder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #3
Just started!

Can't wait for this!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #4
Rookie

A midseason update will be posted shortly. I'm playing Madden 12 for this so I can import rosters and create a cool alternate history type of NFL. I'm using playmakers sliders and auto subs. This franchise likely won't continue past the release of Madden 16, but if it does, great. I will be playing a max of 3 games per season and all playoff games after this first season, which I will sim to get to all the offseason and draft stuff. The plan is to run this for 4-5 years in game, but if I'm having fun it could go longer.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Entering the Raiders week 8 bye, the team stands somewhat surprisingly at 4-3. However, the offense has struggled for the most part, only putting up more than 17 points twice. The best win of the season thus far has been the Week 4 16-10 win over the currently 4-2 Patriots. As for the players, Jason Campbell has looked decent so far, throwing for 1,384 yards with 6 TD and 5 INT. Clinton Portis has been a big surprise, with 158 carries for 645 yards and 6 TD, essentially removing Michael Bush from the offense, as he only has 17 carries this season, and only 8 since his 9 Week 1. Zach Miller has shown to clearly be Jason Campbell's favorite target with 37 catches, 20 more than the 2nd guy on the list (Jacoby Ford). He also leads the pass catchers with 3 TD. On the defensive side of the ball, Rolando McClain is picking up after an impressive rookie season, with 51 tackles, 42 of which are solo tackles. DE's Trevor Scott and Matt Shaughnessy lead the team with 4 sacks apiece. Kicker Sebastian Janikowski is 15-17, and has knocked down a 56 yarder.

A look around the league shows that it is a passing league, with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees battling it out for air supremacy. Manning has 2,308 yards to go along with 16 TD and 4 INT, while Brees has 2,037 yards, 16 TD, and 6 INT. Other standouts include Josh Freeman (1,774, 12 TD, 1 INT), Phillip Rivers (1,562, 12 TD, 1 INT) and Ben Roethlisberger (1,493, 14 TD, 0 INT). Of the running back group, Maurice Jones Drew leads all with 662 yards, followed by Clinton Portis (who also has the most carries, with his 158 edging out Adrian Peterson's 156) Ahmad Bradshaw leads the class in TD with 9, followed by Portis, LT, and Michael Turner. Reggie Wayne leads all WR in receptions, yards, and TD with 49 receptions for 762 yards and 7 TD. Larry Fitzgerald is tied for the lead with 7 TD. Fitz has also racked up 44 catches and 467 yards. Defensively, Demeco Ryans leads the league in solo tackles with 58, however he is tied for the NFL lead with Jon Beason with 73 total. Israel Idonjie is far and away the sack king, as his 11.5 are 3 more than runner up Jeremy Mincey's. He is followed by Brad Jones, Adrian Clayborn, John Abraham, and Mathias Kiwanuka, who all have 7.

Looking at the standings, the Saints and Bears are the class of the NFC and the NFL, with 6-1 records. They are followed in the NFC by the Eagles (5-1), Buccaneers (4-3), Falcons (4-3), and 49ers (3-3). In the AFC, the 5-2 Steelers lead the division, followed by the also 5-2 Colts. The Broncos, Patriots, and Bengals round out the top 5 with 4-2 records. The Raiders are in the 6th and final playoff spot with a 4-3 record.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
Rookie

The last half of the season was not kind to the Oakland Raiders. The lost all of their last 9 games, and all by 10 points or less, finishing their season at 4-12.

Team Stats

Last edited by jvjc1233; 08-07-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

I'll be following. Looking forward to see what you can do with the Raiders.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #8
Rookie

League Leaders

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »