Home

The Legacy of Nick Finch QB

This is a discussion on The Legacy of Nick Finch QB within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
The Legacy of Nick Finch QB

SO YA KNOW...
I dont want anyone to come in here thinking i will have some elaborate storyline or fancy graphics or anything like that. I am creating this as a quick reference to track the progress of my player Nick Finch as he progresses through his football career. Hopefully you can appreciate the "Meat and Potatoes-ness" of this dynasty report.

I have always loved football. I have played since I was just 7 years old. The teams I have been on have always been lackluster and it seem like the pressure was always on me to make things happen. The pressure was always there, and through my football career, I have learned to tolerate, but not overcome it.

I was the stud athlete in Pennsylvania High School football. A small town player with big city talent. The only thing standing in my way of a state title was my team. The number one QB recruit in the state and number 6 QB in the nation. A four star prospect that got offers from Alabama, USC, Oregon, Penn State, all the big schools. I had a tough decision to make... Should I go to Alabama and sit a year or two before I get playing time? Should I go to a Mid Major team and play for a winning record in conference? what should I do?
---- In the High School Gym..Signing day

I room full of people. Mostly people I have never seen before. Before I really knew what was going on, I found myself staring out over the crowd from atop a small platform with a foldout table and a metal chair. My coach on one side of me, my parents on the other, and a letter in front of me.
"I kept my decision to myself until now." I said into the microphone. "I know you all have an idea of where you think I should play football. Where I would be the best fit, where I could contribute the most, where I would be happiest." I heard one person chant "WE ARE" looking for a Penn State reply. I hesitated for a moment. "I put a lot of thought into this decision, and I have decided to attend college, and play football at the University of Maine." I could hear a pin drop. The silence lasted for about 10 long seconds until the athletic director stood up and began to applaud. The rest of the crowd followed, with a somewhat lackadaisical sounding clap.

Last edited by grabursock55; 08-12-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Re: The Legacy of Nick Finch QB

Maine: Freshman Season

Week 1: Washington State (0-0) LOSS 0-27, 4-16, 39 yds, 0 TD, 4 INT
"Maybe I made the right decision... I mean, I sure as hell didnt play like a FBS caliber player." A disappointing debut for Finch leaves a lot of unanswerd questions for the MAine Black Bears going into the remainder of the season. "I know if I dont pick it up, coach is going to sit me sooner rather than later."

Week 2. @ Tenn Tech (0-1) WIN 20-17, 7-15, 121 yds, 0 TD, 4 INT
Again, Nick has a terrible outing as a passing QB. At least this time, there was a bit of a positive in regards to rushing ability. Although the rushing tally shows Nick has -11 yards rushing, he did show great ability as an option QB, taking hits and opening opportunities for his running backs how had a great game. Nick would have been an unsung hero in this one if it wasnt for four interceptions and 0 passing TDs. Maine got a lot of help from a pick 6 in the beginning of the 4th quarter to tie the game, and a 37 yard pass from the backup QB to lead to the game winning FG. Nick is on the brink of riding the bench...

Week 3. Chatanooga (1-1) WIN 24-19. 6-10, 114 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT
With an underwhelming statline, Nick Proved to be a QB who wouldnt lose his team this game. but he also proved to be unable to win this one on his own accord. The coach has decided to put a lot more of the load on the star running back and put less weight on the true freshman QB. This strategy seems to be working, at least for this game against a dangerous Chattanooga team.

Week 4. UMASS WIN 28-7 4-5, 89 Yds, 0 Pass Td, 2 Rush TD, 1 Int
In week 4, Nick Finally looked comfortable in a decicive victory against UMASS. In Nicks first ever CAA conference game, he looked like a true threat to his opponents and showed what he was made of. His passing game is becoming more productive couples with the dangerous Maine rushing attack and Maine is finally hitting their stride.

Week 5 @ William/Mary LOSS 7-10, 7-11, 147 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT.
In the week 5 game against W/M, the importance of a balanced attack was dewmonstrated. The game was going well, Maine was up 7-3 and driving down the field. However, on a run of the mill HB dive play, the starting HB dislocated his shoulder and would be out the rest of the game. With no reliable running game, Maine and Finch had to rely more heavily on their passing game, sadly, that is william and Marys defensive specialty. the loss will drop Maine to 3-2 (1-1) on the season.

Week 6. @ Richmond. Win 21-3. 6-12, 99 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 56 Rush Yds
Maine traveled to Richmond, Virginia to take on the 2-2 Spiders. Maine had the game under control from the time of the first snap to the final whistle. The Black Bears running game put up 200+ yards and the passing attack put up an additional 100 yards. Nick Finch is becoming a key contributer, not by putting up ridiculous numbers, but by playing smarter football and playing WITH the team instead of ON the team. Maine advances to 4-2 (2-1) on the year.

Week 7 Northeastern WIN 63-7. 11-16, 253 Pass YDS, 2 Pass TD, 2 INT, 3 Rush TD, 37 Rushing Yds.
In a game that was never even close, Maine got a chance to really prove what their team was made of. It was nice to come into a game knowing we were the better team and just play the game with amazing success. This was clearly Nicks best game to this point in his career, and hopefully he can build on his success. the win improves Maines record to 5-2 (3-1) on the year while the Huskies fall to 1-5 (1-2)

Week 9 @ Rhode Island WIN 41-21 6-12, 156 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT,
For the third week in a row, Maine has demonstrated its power by dismantling a decent Rhode Island team. The balance between running and passing been incredible this week as the Black Bears put up 156 passing yards and 174 rushing yards. The Rams defense had no idea what was coming next and it seemed lie they guessed wrong on early every Black Bears drive. Maine now sits at 6-2 (4-1) and is tied for second with JMU, and trails Delaware who is also 6-2, but is 4-0 in conference play. Rhode Island now falls to 4-4 (2-4) and is on the outside looking in for a CAA Championship game birth.

Week 10. Towson WIN 24-7, 4-10, 148 Yds, 1 TD, 0 Int, 43 Rush Yds, 1 TD
Maine continued its winning ways against Towson this week at home in Oreno. Towson came into the game at 5-3 looking to keep its hopes alive for a CAA Championship appearance. However, they were just the latest victim to the Black Bear Buzzsaw. Maine had a bit of a scare early in the first quarter when QB Nick Finch went out with an elbow injury, but he was able to re-enter the game on the following drive. Maine has a critical game next week against arch rival New Hampshire next week in a game that could very well determine who will be the Norths representative in the CAA Championship game.

Week 11, New Hampshire WIN 26-7 13-17, 216 Yds, 3 TD, 0 Int, 35 Rushing YDS
This was the game we had all been looking forward to. Both teams come into the game at 7-2 and although New Hampshire is mathematically eliminated from CAA title contention, if they beat Maine, they would also knock the Black Bears out of contention. This was a unique game that is shrouded with controversy as Maines star HB was reported as having cheated in one of his classes and the coaches turning a blind eye to the matter. We will see how this shakes out in the future with the NCAA.
If nothing else, the risky move to start a player who should have been sitting the game out proved very useful to the Black Bears who are on a monumental Hot Streak. Nick Finch threw the ball at will and lit up the seemingly helpless UNH defense en route to securing player of the game ranking. As the season wears on, the stands become more and more packed as Maine is beginning to look like a playoff contender. Maine is hoping to win the conference to secure a spot as an automatic bid, as an at large bid seems out of reach with 2 losses. Next week, Maine travels to Delaware to play for what is the CAA North championship game, the winner of which will be granted access to the CAA Championship game.

Week 12, @Delaware WIN 38-35, 7-11, 192 YDS, 2 TD, 2 INT, 14 Rush Yds, 2 Rush TD.
This week 12 matchup found the 8-2 Black Bears taking on th 8-2 Blue Hens in the CAA North Title game. Maine started slow with Finch throwing 2 interceptions on the first two Black Bear drives, one of which was a pick 6 making the score 0-14 with Delaware in the lead at the end of the first quarter. Maine began hitting their stride in the second quarter as Finch completed 6 consecutive passes and the running game found its form as the team began methodically marching down the field. Again, Maine demonstrated its balance of offence and defense by putting up 170 rush yards and 190 pass yards. Maine clinched a spot in the CAA title game against James Madison for a shot at an automatic bid to the NCAA Playoffs. Next week, Maine travels to Idaho to take on the 7-4 Idaho State Bengals in the regular season finale.

Week 13, Idaho State, WIN 23-0, 10-17, 209 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT
Week 13 came and went with little fanfare. MAine Steamrolled another good team in idaho state. Maine has 2 bye weeks before the CAA Title game against JMU. The winner of the CAA Title gets an automatic bid to the Playoffs. If Maine loses the CCG, they will have an very slim chance of sneaking in to the playoffs as an at large bid, but unless they move up in the rankings, thats a slim chance. Maine finishes the regular season at 10-2.

Conference Championship Game
JMU, WIN 42-3, 14-17, 255 Yards, 4 TD, 0 Int, 82 Rush yards.
The game was not even close. Not much to say Nick broke his previous passing yards/game record by 2 yards. Maine is now automatically qualified for the NCAA FCS Playoffs!

Bowl Game #20 Maine (11-2) Vs. #2 Central Michigan (12-1)

Last edited by grabursock55; 08-29-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Individual Awards

Team Championships:
Maine: 2010

Last edited by grabursock55; 08-29-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

reserved 3
Old 08-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

reserved 4