Home

Stampeding Into the BCS; A North Dakota State Dynasty

This is a discussion on Stampeding Into the BCS; A North Dakota State Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #33
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stampeding Into the BCS; A North Dakota State Dynasty

Might I ask what rosters/system you are using? I can tell you've started with the 2015 season, but I'm just not sure if you mentioned whether you're on PS3 or 360. Perhaps I missed it.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:30 AM   #34
Rookie

I am on the 360 and downloaded the 2015 from this site. Unfortunately I don't think the Bison roster is the correct one. I edited Wentz and his back up to be the real QB's, but didn't mess with the rest of the roster.In hindsight I wish i would have.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:07 AM   #35
Rookie

Bison Central: Western Michigan Aftermath

Bison Rally In The Fourth Fall Incomplete, Broncos Hold On To Win 35-25.

The Bison took the fight to the MAC leading Western Michigan Broncos and nearly pulled off the upset victory. for the third week in a row both sides of the ball played well, but in the end the Broncos were the better team.

On offense QB C. Wentz who is fourth place among the league in passing yards played well. He finished on the day completed 24 passes for 315 yards and 3 TD's, but he also threw 2 very costly interceptions, one of them in the red zone. He spread the ball around well throwing to completions to five different receivers. Wideout T. Gebhart led the way with 95 yards on 6 receptions. C. Wahlo Jr. added 85 yards on 5 catches with a TD.

The ground game while not overly impressive was much improved with the addition of some outside runs. HB S. Ojuri finished the day with 53 yards on 18 carries, but the numbers are a bit misleading as he spent a good majority of the time trying to break tackles in the backfield. When the line held up he averaged over 5 yards per carry. Ojuri also contributed in the passing game with 5 receptions for 24 yards and a TD.

On defense the Bison struggled to contain star HB J. Franklin who finished with 163 yards on 22 carries with 2 TDs. The defense fared little better with their pass defense giving up 317 yards and 3 TDs.

For the third straight week the game began as a defensive battle. The Broncos would finally score on a 1 yard pass to D. Braverman with 1:45 left in the first. Then with 3:55 left in the second Western Michigan HB J. Franklin would break free for an 85 yard TD scamper. On their very next possession the Broncos scored on 12 yard pass to D. Phillips and the rout was on. The Bison would finally score on a 39 yard FG with 0:02 seconds left in the half.

Down 21-3 North Dakota State came out of the break fired up. They scored on a 12 yard pass to C. wahlo Jr. to make it 21-10. The teams then went back and forth until Broncos QB Z. terrell found C. Davis in the endzone for a TD to close out the third quarter.

Once again the Bison caught fire and scored on a7 yard strike over the middle to HB S. Ojuri with 6:21 left in the game. On their next possession C. wentz hit N. Moody for a yard TD. they then converted on the two point conversion to make it 28-18. Down by ten the Bison fought hard and drove down the field until C. wentz was picked off in the redzone. Although the game was already sealed The broncos went ahead and drove down the field until J. Franklin scored for the 1/2 yard line.

Yet again our boys fought hard, but it just wasn't enough. They host a sliding Northern Illinois team next week. Here's hoping the Huskies continue their downward spiral and hand the bison their first win of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 06:27 AM   #36
Rookie

Bison Central: NIU Aftermath

Bison Trample The Huskies For First BCS Win 31-14.

Break out the champagne Bison fans! North dakota State University finally picked up their first victory of the season against the NIU Huskies. It also marks the team's first BCS victory. and they did it with style, Trampling over the Huskies front seven for over 100 yards o the ground- also a season first.

The Bison dominated the game from the opening whistle. Perhaps seeing something on game film or perhaps just hoping to shake things up Coach Wheeler went to ground early and often. HB S. Ojuri racked up 120 yards on a career high 34 carries often steamrolling over NIU's front seven for 6 broken tackles. 42 of his 120 yards came after contact. He found the endzone 3 times.

QB c. wentz who now leads the NCAA with 2880 yards completed 25 passes for 309 yards and 1 TD. He had one interception on the day. His favorite target was T. Gebhart who exploded for 147 yards on 9 catches with 1 TD.

The defense really found its groove today sacking NIU QB D. Hare 3 times and picking him off twice. The defense held the huskies to 289 yards of total offense.

Overall the Bison played their best foot ball of the season. If they can carry this momentum into the final stretch we could see a few more W's in the win column. Until next time bison fans, savor the victory. Go Bison!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:04 AM   #37
Rookie

Bison Central: Eastern Michigan Aftermath

Turnovers Doom Bison As Eastern Michigan Wins 24-17.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. The Bison committed 4 turnovers in what would have otherwise been a dominating performance. The Bison outpassed, outran the opposition by a large margin, but they couldn't quite out score them.

The game started out ugly as QB C. wentz threw an interception on the second play of the game. The defense held as both defense tightened down. Eastern Michigan would score first with 2:45 left in the first on a 2 yard run by D. Jackson. The Bisons retaliated quickly with a 21 yard strike to Z. Vraa to end the quarter.

Even though it would not show up on the scoreboard thanks to another interception by C. Wentz the Bison dominated much of the second quarter. EMU would connect on a 28 yard FG and then pound the ball in from the goal line to to up 17-3 at the half and despite dominating on the stat sheets the Bisons were heading toward another blowout loss.

The Bison would control most of the third quarter, but could only manage a 28 yard FG. It was the only score of the quarter.

Down by 7 the Bisons were driving when HB S. Ojuri was blasted by EMU's A. Zaponne. R. tillman would pick up the loose ball and return it 67 yards for the score and the dagger in the Bison's back. But, the Bisons still had some fight left in them and marched down the field. They scored from 2 yards out by HB J. Crockett with 4:54 remaining in the contest. The defense would force a three and out and the offense took the field with a little over 3:00 left in regulation. QB c. Wentz led the team down the field with some tough running assistance by emerging HB S. Ojuri who broke 100 yards rushing for the second straight game. The bisons were in the redzone and threatening to take the lead when Wentz threw his third interception, which would become the final blow. The bison would get one more chance, but with under a minute left and the defense looking for the pass it was already over.

The Bison fall to 1-9 on the season with only 2 games left. They play host next week to the 5-5 Central Michigan Chippewas and then close out the season with an away game verses the 4-6 Ball State.

Don't forget folks, next week is Senior Day. It will be the final home game for some of our beloved Bison. So come on out and cheer them on one last time. The team will be wearing all white uniforms to mark the occasion. Until then, Go Bison!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #38
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Rough first season so far.. Can only get better though!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 AM   #39
Rookie

Thanks! Glad to see you drop by. It's kind of interesting to note that even though I've been losing -pretty badly at times- I'm still having a blast with this. The team is so unpredictable. Anyone remember the Texas shootout from week two? Hopefully with a descent draft class they can win a few more games next season.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:38 AM   #40
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGamer75
Thanks! Glad to see you drop by. It's kind of interesting to note that even though I've been losing -pretty badly at times- I'm still having a blast with this. The team is so unpredictable. Anyone remember the Texas shootout from week two? Hopefully with a descent draft class they can win a few more games next season.
Honestly I'm the same way. I get bored if I win every game. It can be fun to lose and rebuild.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »