Home

--THE GRIDIRON-- The future of Football.... (M25/NCAA14)

This is a discussion on --THE GRIDIRON-- The future of Football.... (M25/NCAA14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #49
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: --THE GRIDIRON-- The future of Football.... (M25/NCAA14)

Old 10-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #50
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Old 10-28-2015, 12:38 PM   #51
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

BROTHER VS BROTHER.... MANNING VS MANNING... BRONCOS VS GIANTS... THE MANNING BOWL 3....

Denver Broncos (0-1) @ New York Giants (1-0)

September 15,2013

WEEK 2 PREVIEW @ MetLife Stadium

East Rutherford,NJ- The Manning Bowl is upon us this afternoon as Peyton and Eli will go "Head to Head" for the third time today with Peyton holding a 2-0 record over his younger brother. The (0-1) Broncos come into MetLife today after being blown out on Opening Night to the Defending Super Bowl Champions Ravens IN DENVER looking for their first win. The Giants coming off a 30-6 blowout over the Cowboys in Texas will look to beat Peyton for the first time.
Peytons Broncos will have some trouble however as WR Andre Caldwell will be ruled out of this game due to Ankle injuries but Peyton being Peyton should have no trouble targeting Welker,Decker,Thomas,and Dreesen. Manning will be testing the Giants Defense who was ranked 5th best coming into the game and it's no surprising why. The Giants Defense consists of Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Dan Conner, Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, and Rookie Cooper Taylor. The Giants defense will certainly be no pushover today and will look to make life miserable for Manning's Offense.
Eli's Giants on Offense are off to a slow start but will look to turn things around today without Rookie WR Tyrelle Bedford who will be sidelined with a shoulder tear. Elis targets will be Victor Cruz., Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Meyers, and Rookie RB Michael Cox.

"It's a big game for us and me personally. We spent the past week on the phone trash talking and now it's game time." Giants QB Eli Manning stated with a smile.

Although this game may be huge for some it's not any bigger for anybody than it is for Eli Manning. His older brother Peyton has bested him the past 2 matchups.

"I know it's probably eating him up but I love him to death even if it means I beat him one last time." Peyton said with a smirk.

The Giants will look to end the 2 game winning streak of Manning today and Manning will look to make it 3-0. Can Eli Manning and the Giants defeat Peyton Manning and the Broncos for the first time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #52
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Eli's Giants finally defeat Peyton Manning...

Denver Broncos(0-1) @ New York Giants (1-0)

Week 2 RECAP

September 15,2013 @ MetLife Stadium

East Rutherford,NJ
- Third time's the charm for Eli Manning who finally got a win over his brother Peyton on sunday. The Giants beat the Broncos 41-34 after a wild day of dominating offenses. Eli and the Giants would make life miserable for Denver's defense as Rookie Running back Michael Cox rushed for over 120 yards. Eli Manning threw a couple of TDs of his own really picking apart Denvers secondary, Manning clearly played like he wanted to beat his brother.

"Well I can say I finally beat him." Giants QB Eli Manning stated. "We match up pretty well and it was my mission personally to beat him this time. Now if only we could meet in a Super Bowl that would be nice."

"Nice" is just a nice word considering Peyton's Broncos fall to 0-2 and last place in the AFC West. For Eli's Giants they take the top spot as first place in the NFC East but it's still very early in the season.

"He got me this time. I can't always beat him. " Broncos QB Peyton Manning stated with a smirk.

Despite the 41-34 loss and the 0-2 start, The Broncos are still in high spirits heading into the rest of the season.

"We're aware we're 0-2 and in last place but it's still early and we've got along season ahead of us. Trust me come January we'll be there." Broncos Head Coach John Fox stated.

Even though the Giants defense may slip a bit in the rankings next week they definently proved that they are the real deal. With 16 seconds left on the clock and after Peyton's drive down the field into Giants territory, Manning was sacked on 4th and 16 by Jason Pierre-Paul securing the 41-34 victory.

"It's a humble thing picking up a sack against possibly the greatest ever." JPP stated.

For Denver, it's back to Denver for a week 3 showdown on Monday Night Football against the Raiders (1-0). The Giants will head to Carolina to battle the Panthers (1-0)
Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 PM   #53
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

O/T:

Simmed the rest of Week 2 after tweaking sliders for days to find realism. Finally got them the way I wanted so expect full write-ups heading into Week 3.

Week 2 Scoreboard
Thursday's Games
Jets 38 @ Patriots 41
Sunday's Games
Rams 10 @ Falcons 36
Chargers 26 @ Eagles 43
Cowboys 10 @ Chiefs 31
Dolphins 30 @ Colts 17
Titans 13 @ Texans 14
Redskins 10 @ Packers 19
Browns 24 @ Ravens 27
Panthers 29 @ Bills 13
Vikings 20 @ Bears 3
Saints 38 @ Buccaneers 22
Lions 27 @ Cardinals 22
Jaguars 19 @ Raiders 24
Broncos 34 @ Giants 41
49ers 34 @ Seahawks 37
Monday's Games
Steelers 21 @ Bengals 10
BYE WEEKS: NONE
Old 10-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #54
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 2
RK (LW)TeamRecordNext Game
1 (1) Baltimore Ravens2-0VS Texans (2-0)
2 (2) New York Giants2-0@ Panthers (2-0)
3 (3) Kansas City Chiefs2-0@ Eagles (2-0)
4 (6) Philadelphia Eagles2-0VS Chiefs (2-0)
5 (10) Seattle Seahawks0-2VS Jaguars (0-2)
6 (12) Carolina Panthers2-0VS Giants (2-0)
7 (8) Tennessee Titans1-1VS Chargers 0-2
8 (4) Indianapolis Colts1-1@ 49ers (0-2)
9 (13) Green Bay Packers2-0@ Bengals (0-2)
10 (15) New England Patriots2-0VS Bucaneers !1-1)
11 (9) San Diego Chargers0-2@ Titans (1-1)
12 (17) Pittsburgh Steelers1-1VS Bears (1-1)
13 (11) Detroit Lions2-0@ Redskins (0-2)
14 (16) Denver Broncos0-2VS Raiders (1-1)
15 (18) Chicago Bears1-1@ Steelers (1-1)
16 (20) Minnesota Vikings1-1VS Browns (1-1)
17 (19) Cleveland Browns1-1@ Vikings (1-1)
18 (21) Miami Dolphins1-1VS Falcons (1-1)
19 (14) San Francisco 49ers1-1VS Colts (1-1)
20 (22) New Orleans Saints2-0VS Cardinals (1-1)
21 (5) Arizona Cardinals1-1@ Saints (2-0)
22 (23) Atlanta Falcons1-1@ Dolphins (1-1)
23 (25) Oakland Raiders1-1@ Broncos (0-2)
24 (28) Houston Texans2-0@ Ravens (2-0)
25 (26) Cincinnati Bengals0-2VS Packers (2-0)
26 (27) Washington Redskins0-2VS Lions (2-0)
27 (24) Buffalo Bills0-2@ Jets (0-2)
28 (7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers1-1@ Patriots (2-0)
29 (29) Jacksonville Jaguars0-2@ Seahawks (1-1)
30 (30) St. Louis Rams0-2@ Cowboys (0-2)
31 (31) Dallas Cowboys0-2VS Rams (0-2)
32 (32) New York Jets0-2VS Bills (0-2)

Last edited by johnstone1987; 10-29-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:48 PM   #55
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) VS Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)

WEEK 3 PREVIEW

Thursday September 19,2013

Lincoln Financial Field

Philadelphia,PA- Week 3 kicks off with two undefeated teams meeting up in Philly where the Eagles and Chiefs will do battle. The Eagles coming in off a thrashing of the Chargers last week will look to continue their warpath against another AFC West team the Chiefs. The Chiefs knocked off Dallas last week will look to make another NFC East Team lose.
The 2-0 Chiefs however may be in a pickle now as Franchise QB Alex Smith has been sidelined for the next 12 games with a broken collarbone he suffered last week. The Chiefs will turn to backup Chase Daniel to lead the ship. Daniel came in relief last week and threw 2 TD's over a sorry Dallas defense.
The Chiefs Defense led by Justin Houston, Eric Berry, Brandon Flowers, and Frank Hali will look to make life miserable for Michael Vick and the Eagles who will be without Running back LeSean McCoy and Tight End Brent Celek who is on IR with a knee injury. McCoy is sidelined with a leg injury for a few games. Backup Back Pacman Jones will get the carries tonight.

"It sucks being injured not being able to help your team win games." Running back Shady McCoy stated.

"He really wants to play and we'd love to have him out there but we can't tonight. It's our jobs to go out there and win regardless." Eagles Head Coach Chip Kelly stated.

Kelly has done a fantastic job in just the two games he's been in Philly. Kelly system built around Vick has Philly's offense climbing the charts. Vick alone is said to be happy with the 2-0 start.

"We're 2-0 and tied for first right now but it's still a long season and we need to keep playing well and winning games." Vick said.

Speaking of winning games, The Chiefs have been doing just that as well. First year Coach Andy Reid has Kansas City at 2-0 coming in with a great ranking on the defensive side of the ball. The true test will begin tonight however as Backup QB Chase Daniel will get the reigns handed to him and must lead K.C for the next 12 games.

"Talk about pressure." Daniel said with a grin. "Alex is out for 12 games and it's my team now to lead. It's my job to lead these guys for the next 12 weeks and we need to keep winning games if we want a chance to play football in January."

Chase Daniel did well last week against Dallas when Alex Smith went down throwing for 2 TD's and 189 yards.

The Chiefs will be led by Chase Daniel tonight and he won't be alone as in the backfield Jamaal Charles and Cyrus Gray will be waiting for handoffs. Daniel will also be helped out by Dwayne Bowe his #1 target.

Both teams are 2-0 and one will be 3-0 heading into Week 4 so let the time for talking stop and playing begin....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #56
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Eagles fall to Chiefs 31-29 on Thursday Night...

Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (2-0)

Week 3 RECAP

Philadelphia,PA- With two (2-0) teams kicking off Week 3, one team was forced to lose in one way or another. That team tonight? The Eagles. Who despite was stopped on 4th Down while trying to mount a 4th Quarter Comeback could not stop Chiefs Running Back Jamaal Charles who rushed for 3 TD's and 125 yards on 22 carries.

"He's a great Running back, We knew coming in he could be a factor." Eagles Linebacker Connor Barwin stated.

But it wasn't just the running game that was great. Backup Quarterback Chase Daniel really showed his potential tonight against the Eagles defense. Daniel threw for 365 yards and a TD of his own with no picks.

"It was his first start and to make him comfortable our gameplan was to run the ball mostly while he (Daniel) would test the Eagles secondary as slowly as he wanted too." Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid stated.

It appears that Chase Daniel was more comfortable than others thought. He picked apart the Eagles secondary for almost 400 yards. (365)

A huge plus could of been because Franchise Quarterback Alex Smith was on the sidelines wearing a headset during the game.

"I wasn't calling the plays. I was just offering him words of encouragement. Telling him to breathe and relax and read his defenses before the snap. He did a hell of a job tonight if you ask me." Chiefs QB Alex Smith stated.

Smith is out with a broken Collarbone and not scheduled to be back until late December.

It's safe to say that the Chiefs are pretty confident moving forward with Chase Daniel.

"I just went out there sticking to the gameplan. The more I began to throw the ball the more I got confident I could lead this team into the Season." Chiefs Quarterback Chase Daniel stated.

It appears that the Chiefs Organization is extremely happy with their choice of Quarterback too.

"Chase (Daniel) is a leader. He is a student. He learned this system and he did a damn good job out there tonight in Philly." Chiefs Owners Hunt Family stated.

The Eagles struggled in their own running game tonight as Backup Running Back "Pacman" Jones rushed for 81 yards on 24 carries. Michael Vick had 37 yards rushing of his own as the Chiefs Run defense really stepped their game up tonight.

Vick threw 2 TDs and 0 picks for 307 yards as the Chiefs secondary struggled.

"He's actually a good Quarterback. He picked us apart tonight. Mad props to that man." Chiefs Cornerback Brandon Flowers stated.

The (3-0) Chiefs now head home next Sunday to face their third NFC East team in a row, the red hot New York Giants (2-0) who are coming off a victory over Peyton Manning and the Broncos last Sunday.

Ironically the Eagles will face their third AFC West Team in a row in Peyton Manning and the Broncos who are struggling to a 0-2 start.

Last edited by johnstone1987; 11-04-2015 at 01:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »