Home

Daniel Powell - The Long Road Home

This is a discussion on Daniel Powell - The Long Road Home within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #17
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Daniel Powell - The Long Road Home

"Where are we at on this?" Lieutenant Daniels asked in a demanding tone as he tossed a case file on Kellen's desk.

“Nowhere, we got nothing on Powell and that's all Omar gave us.” Kellen replied without looking at the file, knowing it was his only open case that had any urgency.

“We need something. The DA wants an arrest on this.”

“There's no one to arrest yet. We need more time.”

“We don't have time. Someone needs to be in cuffs by Friday.”

“I'll talk to Omar again.”

“If we don't get anyone else then we'll book his a**. I don't care who we get at this point.”

“Omar's insignificant in all of this. He's the bottom of the totem pole.”

“It doesn't matter at this point, we need a charge by Friday. Make it happen.” Daniels asserted as he stormed out of Kellen's office.

Kellen snatched the file off his desk and threw it against the wall. He put his hands on his face in exasperation and sighed. He sat back down for a second before reaching for his keys and bursting out of his office.

–--

“Help me out man.” Kellen pleaded.

“I told y'all already! I ain't got s*** to say to you man! f*** outta here with that!” Omar shouted, furious that Kellen was leaning on him again.

“Here's the deal. The DA is leaning on my lieutenant, he wants someone, anyone, arrested now. When the DA leans on the lieutenant he leans on me. When he leans on me I lean on you.” Kellen explained matter of factly.

“How the f*** that effect me?”

“Well we have enough on you to arrest you for distribution. If we don't get someone higher than you by Friday I'm supposed to book you.”

“Motherf***er you told me I wouldn't see a charge!” Omar was livid now. “I been helping your sorry a** all these years and now you're coming at me with this weak a** s***? F*** all that!”

“My hands are tied Omar. Just give me something.”

Omar was pacing back and forth frantically, shaking his head and cursing under his breath.

“You gotta give me something.” Kellen prodded.

“F***!” Omar shouted as he grabbed a chair, pulled it up to the table Kellen was at and sat down.

Omar began to sweat profusely as he thought about all the possible repercussions of what he was about to do.

“Aight listen man...”
Old 10-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #18
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Sports

Powell, Bison Sneak Past Coastal Carolina

Fargo, ND -
For the second week in a row Daniel Powell and the North Dakota State football team have won a playoff game in dramatic fashion.

Powell and the Bison trailed Coastal Carolina 32-31 late in the fourth quarter of their quarterfinal match up yesterday afternoon. The Bison defense forced a punt by Coastal Carolina with just under two minutes left to play in the game. Nobody in Bison gear questioned what the outcome would be.

“We knew if we could get Danny the ball back he'd go out there and win it for us,” senior defensive back Colten Heagle said. “That's the level of confidence we have in Danny as a team. He breeds confidence.”

Heagle's confidence was well deserved. The Bison took possession of the ball at their own 13 yard line after a booming punt by Coastal's Austin Cain.

“We were hoping for a shorter field to work with obviously.” Bison head coach Chris Klieman explained after the game. “We didn't panic, Dan knew what needed to be done and he and the rest of the offense did it.”

Powell connected on all six of his pass attempts on the drive, capping it with a 21 yard touchdown strike to Luke Albers. Powers didn't pause to celebrate, he just held up two fingers to the sideline, indicating that they needed to go for two. Powers, nimble but not a “runner”, dove into the endzone after not seeing anyone open. Coastal Carolina was left with five seconds on the clock and a last gasp hail mary fell incomplete.

“He didn't say much. We all knew what we needed to do. He just came into the huddle and called the plays. He's not really a “rah, rah” guy, he just executes and leads by example.” Receiver Carey Woods explained when asked about the emotion in the huddle during the last drive.

“We've been in a number of lopsided wins throughout the season so these past two weeks you're not certain what to expect. Fortunately Danny has been in a number of big games and he's calm and collected in those situations so it helps calm everyone else down.” Coach Klieman explained.

Powell transferred to NDSU just before the start of the season after losing his scholarship to Houston for what the school called “conduct unbecoming of a student athlete”. Powell was questioned in relation to a drug ring that was reportedly operating on the Houston campus. He was released and never charged.

North Dakota State will host Sam Houston State next Friday. The winner will advance to the National Championship in Frisco, Texas on January 10th.

Last edited by djp73; 10-20-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #19
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Shay let out a sigh and leaned back in her chair, rubbing her eyes.

"What the f*** I'm doing this for?" She said out loud, looking over her accounting assignment.

She looked over at Omar, shirtless and passed out again and shook her head.

“Oh yeah, that’s why.” She said, rolling her eyes.

Shay had enrolled at SJCC about a year ago, wanting a way out of Houston and her dead end job at Hooters.

She’d always been comfortable with numbers and money so accounting was an obvious choice.

She looked back at the screen, staring blankly. She knew she had hit a wall for the day and closed her textbook.

She shut down her computer and picked up her phone, swiping the screen and hitting the Instagram button almost in one motion, without looking.

“Ain’t s*** going on.” She said after scrolling for a few minutes.

She scrolled through Twitter, equally disinterested.

She tossed her phone on the desk and looked around the room. Omar grunted and rolled over, mumbling.

Shay shook her head again, grabbed her phone and quietly stormed out of the room.

She plopped on the raggedy couch and reached for the remote.

“Ain’t nothin’ on.” She mumbled under her breath after flipping through the few channels they got with the antenna.

She picked up her phone again and clicked on the Facebook app, ending her self imposed hiatus that was prompted by a spat with one of Omar’s ex “girlfriends”.

She scrolled and scrolled, nothing grabbing her attention.

Just before she tossed her phone on the couch something caught her eye, she stretched and scooped it up then clicked the link.

A friend had shared a story about North Dakota State’s win over Coastal Carolina with the comment “always knew he’d get out the hood”.

She clicked on the link and scanned for a familiar name. About halfway through the article something caught her eye.

Powell transferred to NDSU just before the start of the season after losing his scholarship to Houston for what the school called “conduct unbecoming of a student athlete”.

“Powell…” she said out loud, trying to place the name. She smirked and scrolled back to the top and read the article from the start, remembering the name.

“Damn!” She said, louder than she meant to and with a full fledged smile.

“What up girl you okay?” Omar mumbled from the back.

Shay didn’t answer, still engrossed by the article.

After she finished reading she jumped on Google and read all she could about Daniel’s success at NDSU. She smiled as she read about the 11-1 regular season, glad he had been able to find success after Omar sold him out.

Shay looked at the clock and realized she needed to get ready for her shift.

“Oh s***!”

She hopped up and grabbed her tank top and shorts and quickly changed in the bedroom.

“Omar.” She said softly, trying to wake him. He didn’t respond.

“OMAR!” She shouted, quickly becoming frustrated.

“What?” He mumbled, rolling back over to his stomach.

“I need a ride to work.”

“Call a cab or some s***.”

Shay stared daggers at Omar for a minute before storming out of the room, flipping on the light switch and making sure to slam the door as hard as possible on the way out.

Last edited by djp73; 10-25-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #20
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

This is getting interesting man. I like it. Seems like things are closing in on Powell. Can't wait to see what happens next

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 10-26-2015, 04:38 AM   #21
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Thanks. Always appreciate commenrs and compliments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #22
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Sports

Bison Blow Out Bearkats 35-3 in FCS Semifinals

Fargo, ND -
No. 2 seed North Dakota State scored touchdowns on its last four possessions to beat 19th-ranked Sam Houston State 35-3 in the NCAA Division I FCS semifinals Friday, Dec. 19, at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome.

Three-time defending national champion NDSU joins Eastern Kentucky (1979-1982) and Youngstown State (1991-1994) as the only teams to advance to four straight title games. The Bison (14-1) play Saturday, Jan. 10, at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, against the winner of Saturday's semifinal featuring Illinois State at New Hampshire.

It was 7-3 at halftime before NDSU broke the game open with two big scoring plays. King Frazier's 33-yard TD reception from Daniel Powell capped a four-play drive and John Crockett's 55-yard scoring burst off a screen pass on the first play after a three-and-out quickly made it a 21-3 Bison advantage.

"We were only up by four at the half and I just told the guys keep doing your job. Just keep it up and we'll get it going." Powell said after the win. "I trusted our guys and the system and they trusted me. Trust is important."

Many have begun to speculate if Powell, a third year sophomore, will declare for the NFL draft next May. He declined to comment.

Powell was 23 of 26 passing for 379 yards and four touchdowns, including a 14-yard TD pass to freshman RJ Urzendowski with 3:38 left in the game. Eight NDSU receivers caught passes, including redshirt freshman Isaiah Frandsen's first career reception.

Powell finshed the game with 3,187 passing yards to shatter the NDSU single-season record set last year by Brock Jensen.

Middle linebacker Nick DeLuca made a game- and career-high 13 tackles and had a 35-yard interception return that set up NDSU's final scoring drive.

Outside linebacker Carlton Littlejohn had 11 tackles and defensive end Kyle Emanuel had a career-high 11 stops. Emanuel was part of three sacks and tied the NDSU career record of 41 sacks set in 1974 by Jerry Dahl and tied in 1990 by Phil Hansen.

Quarterback Jared Johnson rushed 25 times for 66 yards and went 20 of 31 passing for 227 yards to lead Sam Houston State (11-5). Keshawn Hill caught seven passes for 50 yards for the Bearkats, and Yedidiah Louis had six receptions for 62 yards.

Last edited by djp73; 10-27-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #23
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

LT shook his head as he looked over the numbers from the week, the worst he'd seen in years.

"Yo Ant." He beckoned as he looked across the room at his right hand man who had a lady friend draped all over him.

"What up?" He asked, leaning to look past the girl.

"Business." LT replied, pointing to the girl then motioning toward the door.

Antuan said something to the girl under his breath. She looked at him in disbelief for a second before realizing this wasn't the time to challenge them. She gathered her things and headed out the door.

"Call me later?" She half told and half asked Antuan. He nodded and waved her out.

"What's going on?" He asked LT as he pulled up a chair.

"We're short. Way short."

"Like someone skimming or..."

"No. We ain't moving units."

"Where we soft?"

"Down at the spot. Have been ever since we cut Casper loose."

"Why you just let him walk like that?"

"We go way back. Personal **** man."

"Word, word." Antuan replied, nodding.

"We need someone new out there. Lamar ain't right for the market there. No business suit wearin' white lady buying **** from Lamar."

"Who we got?"

"Ain't nobody at the moment. We need fresh blood."

Antuan and Lamar both stared off into the distance, deep in thought.

"I'mma get with this one cat and get back at you." Antuan said confidently. "After I make this run."

"Yeah?" LT was intrigued, Antuan wasn't normally the type to take initiative with these types of things.

"Yeah. Yeah, I got this." He answered as he stood up.

"Aight. You got the details for the run down?"

"Yeah. We good."

"Good **** man." LT replied as he stood and dapped up Antuan before opening the door and holding it for him.

---

Antuan had only made it a couple of blocks before he picked up on the unmarked Tahoe that appeared to be tailing him. He made a quick left at a side street then a quick right after that.

"****!" He yelled as he looked in his rearview and confirmed that he was in fact being tailed. He squinted and tried to see who was driving but the windshield had just enough tint.

He picked up his phone and dialed LT.

"Yo."

"Hey man I got a five oh on me. I'mma take him out of town but I'll be out for a bit."

"Good look. Hit me up if anything goes down."

"Word." Antuan tired to sound confident on the phone but inside he was nervous. His palms began to sweat as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

"You got this. You know the plan." He said to himself, trying to build his confidence.

Whenever someone in the crew figured out they were being tailed they were supposed to get as far out of town as they could, avoiding any places they were connected to. Antuan had never been followed before as far as he knew so even though he had heard LT explain it 100 times and explained it 100 more himself it was his first time ever doing it.

About two miles outside of town the blue lights tucked behind the Tahoe's grille finally came on.

"Never run." Antuan said to himself as he pulled his Navigator to the side of the road. He looked around to make sure there was nothing out of place. Once he was satisfied he took a deep breath and put his window down as the officer approached.

"License and registration." Kellen said as he looked into the car.

"Yes sir." Antuan replied as he reached for his papers above the visor. While Kellen was distracted he sent a text to LT with their code for his present predicament.

Kellen looked over the paperwork and motioned back to the Tahoe, calling his partner over.

"Please step out of the vehicle and place your hands on the hood."

"This is some bull**** man." Antuan replied, shaking his head as he complied with the officer's instructions.

"Antuan Rochester you are under arrest for possession with the intent to sell illegal narcotics. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

Antuan began to panic and started sweating profusely. He started running scenarios through his head, hoping LT would come through. He felt sick to his stomach as he officers placed him in the back of their cruiser.

Last edited by djp73; 11-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

LT looked around the room, focusing on each person in there for a few seconds before moving his gaze to the next. As he made his way around the room he found himself wondering if each person he was looking at could be the one who dimed out Ant. After he’d stared into the soul of each person twice he stood and spoke. At six foot seven and over 300 pounds with a booming voice he didn’t have to ask for the room’s attention.

“As most all y’all already know Ant got busted last night. Thing of it is it was an unscheduled run and Ant ain’t never made a run before. Every person that knew ‘bout the run is in this room. Y’all see the problem?”

Everyone in the room was silent as they started back at LT then looked around the room.

“Thing is I trust my gut and I don’t think none of you is the problem.”

LT looked around the room, trying to see if anyone looked overly uncomfortable. Nothing.

“If any of y’all can think of how the five oh figured that s*** out you let me know ‘cause my a** is at a loss.”

LT was almost yelling and pounding on the table next to him as he finished the sentence.

He looked around the room again.

“Yo LT!” Someone spoke from the back.

“What’s up Darnell? You got something for me?”

“What ‘bout that hopper that was up in the spot when you told Ant ‘bout needing him on that run?”

“Hopper?” LT asked, trying to think of who else could have been in the room when the details of the run were discussed.

“Yeah. That lanky a** motha f***a with them natty a** dreads?”

“Omar?”

“Yeah that cat. He was in the back when we was setting up Ant weren’t he?”

“Yeah…” LT stroked his chin and looked toward the ceiling, trying to recall if Darnell was remembering correctly. “Yeah he was watching the ball game in the back right?”

“Yeah but he was like real attentive and s***. Definitely was keeping tabs on s***.”

“Marcus you was there, what you think?”

“Yeah I seen that s*** too LT.”

“Aight, aight.”

“You think he done it?” Marcus asked Darnell.

“Dunno. I don’t really know that cat.” Darnell replied with a shrug.

“Who brought him in?” Marcus asked, looking around the room.

“I think it was Tay weren’t it?” Someone else spoke up.

“Yeah, it was Tay.”

The room fell silent as they all remembered their fallen comrade.

“So what y’all think? This on Omar?” LT asked, putting his trust in his crew to steer him in the right direction.

“He soft. He gonna fold up if cats lean on him.” Someone else replied.

LT looked around the room and saw a few heads nodding in agreement.

“Marcus, Darnell. Bring him in. Don’t f*** with him just bring him in.” LT commanded.

Marcus and Darnell nodded simultaneously then bumped fists.

“Alright.” LT said with authority.

We gotta tighten **** up. No more hoppers in business meetings. That's on me." LT said while shaking his head, knowing he had been lax on the rules.

"We out. Business as usual.”

Last edited by djp73; 11-01-2015 at 04:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »