Home

The Rex Effect- Buffalo Bills Madden 16 Franchise

This is a discussion on The Rex Effect- Buffalo Bills Madden 16 Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #17
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The Rex Effect- Buffalo Bills Madden 16 Franchise

Good job so far man! Like the move to the 4-3 and it's paying off so far. Lesean McCoy is doing some serious work for you. This is definitely superior to the Bills IRL....

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 10-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #18
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Good job so far man! Like the move to the 4-3 and it's paying off so far. Lesean McCoy is doing some serious work for you. This is definitely superior to the Bills IRL....
Thanks. RE: the Bills IRL, offensively they just need to get healthy. I don't think Karlos and LeSean would be putting up these kind of numbers, but when our offense was 100% we were averaging 30pts/game. As for the defense, Rex needs to simplify it (like I did ), trust our corners/play them closer to the WRs, and let the DL do work.

As for my franchise, the move to the 4-3 was great for my defense. It's trial run was responsible for shutting down the Patriots using the big nickel package. Eventually I got impatient because I couldn't get to Brady and brought ill timed blitzes allowing them to move the ball effectively in the 2nd half. Dolphins game was the same issue, I started throwing blitzes to try and get sacks. I continued to tinker with it and against the Giants I discovered that the Wide 9 (Nickel 3DEs pretty much same thing) really gets after the quarterback without blitzing much. I don't know why it took me 3 games to realize that, as the wide 9 was my favorite formation in madden 15. The only draw back is I get gashed in the run game, so I have to pick my spots. I'm intrigued to play my new defensive scheme against a mobile quarterback in Marcus Mariota. If you look closely you can see Eli busted off a 24-yarder on me lol, but I was caught in 2 Man and all his WR's went vertical, had it been a faster QB might of been 50-60 yards Offensively, I was really bummed when I lost Taylor. It said it was only going to be one week. After the game I looked and it said 5! Really annoying. Before the Bills named him the starter IRL I had already made decision to start him after playing with all 3 guys in play now before starting my franchise (was waiting for the patch). Luckily it hasn't really effected me yet. Manuel can get the job done if my running game continues to dominate.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #19
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Ronald Darby interception seals Bills win

Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans
Oct 11, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Buffalo Bills (3-0)03339
Tennessee Titans (1-2)00303
Buffalo Bills
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
EJ Manuel9/159801
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
LeSean McCoy221074.80
Karlos Williams20592.90
EJ Manuel284.00
Percy Harvin2-3-1.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Charles Clay46917.20
Sammy Watkins2178.50
Percy Harvin294.50
Robert Woods133.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Nigel Bradham61.000
Jerry Hughes21.000
Stephon Gilmore2010
Ronald Darby2010
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Marcus Mariota13/2714802
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bishop Sankey11232.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Delanie Walker35013.50
Kendall Wright3268.60
Bishop Sankey3258.30
Harry Douglas22713.50
D. Green-Beckham177.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Brian Orakpo150.000
Zach Brown100.010

In the end, Marcus Mariota didn’t have his way with the Bills defense.

The Titans rookie quarterback struggled on Sunday afternoon, but had a chance late in the fourth quarter to redeem himself. Another rookie on the field had different plans. Mariota and the offense got the ball back with just under one minute to play after a Buffalo field goal. Mariota, with no timeouts left, made some clutch throws on his last drive and had the Titans in striking distance, but the ending wasn’t a happy one in Nashville. Mariota's final pass was intercepted by fellow rookie, Ronald Darby to seal the 9-3 win for the Bills.

The last drive had all the makings for a storybook finish. Rookie quarterback taking his team 80 yards for the win in under a minute against Rex Ryan's vaunted defense. On 4th-and-10, Mariota hit his tight end Delanie Walker for a big pass down the seam, rushed to the line, and spiked the ball with 19 seconds remaining. The Bills dug their heels in. The Bills defense, that had dominated the Titans all day, saved their biggest play for last. Ronald Darby jumped in-front of Titans wide receiver Kendall Wright for the game-clinching interception. "It was time to step up and make a play. Our mindset was to go in and make a play on the defensive end and win the game. It was man-to-man, I just came off my guy and made a play on the ball," Darby said.

Bills coach Rex Ryan admitted it was an ugly win, but he learned a lot about his team and loved how his guys responded.

"That was ugly, there’s no question that was ugly. But it ended up being beautiful at the end. We just kept fighting and kept hanging in there." Ryan said. "I loved the fact that we wanted to be on the field at the end of the game on defense. We weren’t afraid. Sometimes the guys get nervous about it, but our guys couldn’t wait to get on that field and that’s the sign of a good team, a good defense, so I was excited about that."

Last edited by BB_Dynasty; 10-26-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:06 AM   #20
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Bills sign WR Denarius Moore, release WR Marquise Goodwin

The Buffalo Bills continue to tweak their roster heading into a Week 6 matchup with the Cincinnati Bengals, signing free agent wide receiver Denarius Moore on Monday. To make room for the new addition, the Bills released wide receiver Marquise Goodwin.

A 2013 third-round draft pick of the Bills, the oft-injured Goodwin missed four games as a rookie and six games last year with injuries. Although healthy this year, he has struggled to crack into the receiver rotation and hasn't been a factor on special teams.

Moore is a fifth-year player who hasn't been able to improve on solid 2011 and 2012 campaigns with the Oakland Raiders; those were his first two years in the league. Moore was released by the Bills next opponent, Cincinnati, on August 31. Just a few months after the Bengals signed him in free agency. The 26-year-old has 142 career receptions for 2,169 yards and 17 touchdowns.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #21
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Great defense man, gotta love it when the defense can hold up when your offense only puts up 9 points....

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #22
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Great defense man, gotta love it when the defense can hold up when your offense only puts up 9 points....
Thanks SS. I have you to thank for it. Your cover 2 scheme breakdown inspired me to make my own scheme and it has made my defense dominant. The Bengals game shows a few cracks in the armor though (update coming soon).

Last edited by BB_Dynasty; 10-26-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #23
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Good start. Just make sure you don't be like the real Bills and choke in London!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:17 AM   #24
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Good start. Just make sure you don't be like the real Bills and choke in London!
Thanks, and I don't want to talk about the London game. I cannot wait until EJ Manuel is no longer on the Bills roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »