Home

From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

This is a discussion on From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 09:46 AM   #529
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherPotterGuy
Holy cow your just obliterating your opponents! Can anyone stop Okie Lite right now? I think the closest anyone has gotten was Baylor and you still beat them by 28.
Yeah man! It's insane. I legitimately did not expect this. I think it all comes down to a few factors. First, the quarterback. I expected this QB, Aaron Davis, to be worse than last season's starter, Dennis Pace, when I redshirted Pace before the season. I did that to preserve Pace for next year as there were no great options aside from him. But Davis has proven to be God's gift to Stillwater. His abilities make my offense a three-headed monster: superior rushing potential from either the HB or QB, a brutally effective play-action game and, even on play-action passes, the ability to scramble and gain 10+ yards before the defense even knows what is happening. Half the time, the play I call turns into a Davis scramble.

The next factor is definitely a great HB, Trent Preston who is getting some recognition of his own. I can sub in an HB counter, HB dive or HB slam and expect to gain some yards. The third - and least expected - factor is the defense. I don't know if I'm calling the right plays or if my 85 defensive stat is just too low for the talented players I have. But something's working.

I'm obviously trying to win every game as best I can, but I was really expecting more of a challenge. This year reminds me of real-life 2013 Florida State who obliterated almost every opponent it faced, even scoring 80 points in one game as this dynasty's Oklahoma State did against UTSA. I know that going 8-0 doesn't exactly depict a gradual rise to the top like people like to see, but everyone bear with me. I have a feeling we are NOT going undefeated this season, and I know that without Davis next year, we're going to have problems. I checked Pace's stats. He's thrown 20 TDs in his career and 18 INTs. That's going to be a challenge. So this might be a Gus Malzahn scenario, where Year 2 is a huge downgrade from Year 1.

In the meantime, West Virginia looks to be the toughest team we have yet to face. Their defense stats are scary and as you can see, they just handled Oklahoma (a 99 rated offense) 38-17. And it's a home game for them. We better not get cocky!

Thanks for following, by the way!
Old 01-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #530
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Input and advice requested!

Hi all,

I am very thankful to all of you who are reading and following along with me. I know it can get a bit boring (on both your end and mine) as I keep obliterating opponents, which makes me think that I should change the sliders or possibly even begin a new dynasty on the side. What does everyone think? Would you like to see this one continue or would you like to see a new one? And what sliders do you recommend for the most difficult and most realistic game playing experience?

Thank you!
Old 01-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #531
Pro

From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

I would prefer a continuation, but an upping of the sliders. "Any Given Saturday" is a good set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #532
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Thanks for your comment, Bookwork.

Overall, it doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest in this dynasty continuing, and I already have some ideas for the next one. I think I'm going to get a capture device. I'm not great at graphics but will try to do better. And I'll try to put some more narrative stuff in, as well as starting from a lower point than Houston.

Does anyone else have any advice or anything else they'd want to see in a new dynasty? It's entertaining for me, but I want it to be as fun for all of you as well.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #533
Pro

OVR: 1

Since you asked, I'd say the primary things for me to get interested are difficulty (either through sliders or house rules) and the presentation of information. I like a mix of graphics/text so it just doesn't seem like I'm reading forever. I'm not huge into the "storyline/drama/soap opera" side of things, but some other people are. No one is going to care about your dynasty as much as you do, but usually if you make it fun and interesting for yourself, it will be to at least a few others too.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #534
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

You should do what is fun for you. You are your worst critic. If it's not fun for you, then it won't be fun for anyone else. I am not great at graphics either which leads to my dynasty being more text oriented which, like matt says, some people cannot stand. But you do what's more comfortable and what you have patience for. I love creating storylines and getting lost in my NCAA 14 world which does include some drama. Others like creating beautiful graphics that you can tell took a lot of time. Find what works for you.

Personally I like this dynasty but I wish there was a little more competition from your opponents. If you do start over, maybe hold off on jumping to a Power 5 school so quickly or choose a program that isn't as awesome on offense like Houston is.

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 01-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #535
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Hey guys, I really appreciate your input!

I have played a couple or three games in my test dynasty using OS Community Sliders and the results have been EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I've also begun creating a new character - not on the game yet, but getting the details set. I hope to draw a fine line between football and the drama which happens behind football. My goal will be to show some of the relationships between coaches and between coaches and players as well as the sacrifices coaches make in pursuit of their passion. But there won't be three seasons like we've had here where I went 12-2, 13-1 and started 8-0. The games I played, I won one 30-27, then lost 20-14 and 76-21. This should be good.

I think I'm going to skip the screen capture device, just because it's expensive and seems like an awful lot of work. But I'm going to do a bit more research and see how feasible it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »