Home

From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

This is a discussion on From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

OVR: 0
From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

FROM HOUSTON TO THE HALL OF FAME
Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

Hello everyone,

This will be my fourth dynasty on NCAA 14, and the first I am playing in Coach Mode which I expect will be a new and interesting challenge. This will also be the first I report on and keep such extensive record keeping, which I am positive will add to the game’s enjoyment. As you can see below, I have given much thought about the rules and settings I will be operating under.

I’d like to thank all of you who have put your dynasties online, as I’ve gotten many ideas from each of you. I will be doing this live and reporting to you the results every step of the way, complete with stories and previews of every game, as well as the usual weekly Coaches Poll, Heisman Watch, conference standings, and more!

I hope you enjoy following the coaching career of Roy Hahn!

Gameplay Options
***Mode: Coach***
Offensive Playbook: Mississippi State
Defensive Playbook: 4–3
Sub Frequency: 85
Coach Level Progression Rate: Slow
Offensive Skill: Heisman
Defensive Skill: Heisman
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Game Speed: Very Slow
Home Field Advantage: On
Ice the Kicker: On

Penalties
Offsides: 99
False Start: 50
Holding: 80
Facemask: 40
OPI: 99
DPI: 98
KPI: 99
Clipping: 50
Int Grounding: 76
RTP: 50
RTK: 30
(Note: I used the penalty sliders and Custom AI present in the thread “Definitive Coach Mode Sliders for NCAA ’14 in the making” on this forum)

Custom AI – (User/CPU)
Category/User/CPU
QBA: 5 - 5
PB: 65 - 85
WRC: 5 - 45
RBA: 25 - 25
RBL: 5 - 5
PC: 30 - 30
Int: 15 - 15
Rush D: 5 - 5
Tackling: 15 - 15
FGP: 40 - 40
FGA: 35 - 35
Punt P: 45 - 45
Punt Acc: 100 - 100
KP: 25 - 25

Recruiting
I have opted not to place house restrictions on recruiting. The reason I am not placing further recruiting restrictions is that, from my experience with NCAA 14, recruiting rests heavily on a program’s performance and prestige. If I am doing my job on the field, I should be rewarded with recruiting benefits; I feel that is realistic.

Conferences
All conferences are being set to how they are for the real-life 2015 season, retroactively effective as of the in-game 2013 season. This is done to provide a mix of simplicity (so I do not have to edit the conferences each season) and realism (to provide a fairly accurate simulation of where things stand in college football today).

National Championship and Rosters
As I do not have XBOX Live, I will not be downloading any adjustments to the roster or edits to put the College Football Playoff in the game. Instead, I will be using computer-generated names for players and coaches. Additionally, I will be keeping the BCS National Championship as the determinant for the national championship. I will, however, be adjusting the bowl tie-ins slightly to make them more realistic (i.e. adding the Big 12 as a tie-in to the Sugar Bowl).

FCS Team Names
As most of you know, NCAA 14 does not provide school names for the FCS teams. To be able to use the matchup table generator, I will be assigning FCS schools to fill the FCS slots in the schedules for the purposes of this dynasty. For the first few years, where we have schedules available, I will assign actual FCS schools that the school Hahn is working at actually faced in that year. After that, I will assign a school matching NCAA 14’s given geographic area. For example, FCS Southeast will instead become an FCS school from the Southeastern United States on the schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Re: From Houston to the Hall of Fame: Coach Roy Hahn (NCAA 14 – XBOX 360)

Quick Links

Coaching Career
Spoiler

Last edited by RoyHahn; 12-18-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Championship Records

National Champions
Spoiler

Heisman Winners
Spoiler

ACC Champions
Spoiler

Big 12 Champions
Spoiler

Big Ten Champions
Spoiler

Pac-12 Champions
Spoiler

SEC Champions
Spoiler

American Athletic Champions
Spoiler

Conference USA Champions
Spoiler

Mid-American Champions
Spoiler

Mountain West Champions
Spoiler

Sun Belt Champions
Spoiler

Note: Bold indicates a team Hahn was a part of.

Last edited by RoyHahn; 12-18-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #4
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Annual Results

Year-by-Year Results
Spoiler

Bowl Games
Note: Bold indicates the team Hahn was a part of.
Spoiler

Awards Won
Spoiler

Records Set
Spoiler

Recruiting Class Rank
Will begin once Hahn is a head coach.

Players Drafted
Will begin once Hahn is a head coach.

Active coaches Hahn has worked with
Spoiler

Last edited by RoyHahn; 01-14-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

UH hires Mississippi State’s Roy Hahn as offensive coordinator

Roy Hahn

February 9, 2013

The Houston Cougars have hired Roy Hahn to serve as their new offensive coordinator starting with the 2013 season. Hahn is presently the offensive line coach at Mississippi State University, having been at that school since 2009. He followed MSU’s head coach Warren Bradley (Note: the game’s version of Dan Mullen) to the school after helping coach the Florida Gators team that won the 2008 BCS National Championship.

Hahn, 37, played college football as a defensive end at Oklahoma State University from 1994 to 1997. He graduated in 1998, after which he played in the Arena Football League for three seasons. Upon his retirement from arena football in 2001, he returned to Stillwater, Oklahoma where he joined the staff of then-Oklahoma State Cowboys head coach Greg Porter (Note: the game’s version of Les Miles) as a graduate assistant for one year as he pursued a master’s degree in educational leadership. Porter is presently the head coach of the Louisiana State University Tigers.

When Miles declined to bring Hahn on his staff on a permanent basis, Hahn searched for work elsewhere. His extensive search brought him to the other side of the country and the other side of the ball, serving as an assistant offensive line coach and strength coordinator for Syracuse University’s football team, the Orange. When asked what brought him to the offensive side of the game, Hahn said simply, “My brother was an offensive lineman so I told them honestly I had some knowledge about how to coach the offensive line.” That role held him over until he applied to join Florida’s staff in the same role beginning with the 2007 season. Florida’s head coach at the time, Wesley Graves (Note: the game’s version of Urban Meyer), now the head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, was effusive in his praise of Hahn.

“The Cougars will be well-served by this talented and dedicated professional,” wrote Graves in an e-mail. “I have never second-guessed my call to hire Roy and I doubt James will either.” Graves, of course, was referring to James Arnold (Note: the game’s version of Tony Levine), Houston’s head coach. For his part, Arnold cited Hahn’s championship-worthy resume and the effect it could have on Houston’s offense. In addition, Hahn, a native Texan, will have a major role in recruiting for the Cougars.

“Roy stood out from the second he walked into the office to interview,” said Arnold. “His resume and experience are only matched by his passion for the game. We look forward to seeing how he will apply that experience and passion to create an offensive identity for Houston and for himself.”

Indeed, having never served before as a coordinator, Hahn’s offensive identity remains somewhat a mystery. According to the man himself, he favors a balanced approach between the run and the pass, so long as that balance results in a bevy of points. “I’ve always favored the high-octane spread offenses that can come out on top in a shootout any day.”

After a 5–7 season last year, Arnold was under heavy pressure to shake things up at UH. Arnold has already replaced former defensive coordinator Jamie Bryant with new coordinator Corey Kenney. Now, the offense transformation has begun. With the hiring of Hahn, Cougars fans can expect an offense that is ready to compete.

UH opens its 2013 season on August 30 with a home game against the Southern University Jaguars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Exciting. I like the team choice. Houston has a big game coming up at UConn in 3 weeks. Hopefully they come in at 10-0, ranked in the top 10 so they can LOSE!!!!

I'll follow along with ya, and don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help with things. I'm no good with graphics, but know how to make shortcuts to custom graphics.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #7
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Houston spring Red-White game builds excitement for 2013

The annual Red and White game occurs to showcase the Houston Cougars football team's development and build excitement for the season ahead next fall. It accomplished just that this year.

In a game which the Red team won 28-14, new offensive coordinator Roy Hahn and new defensive coordinator Corey Kenney have already left their mark. Hahn has debuted his balanced offensive approach, with perhaps a slight lean towards the passing game. Kenney's defense meanwhile was largely successful in stopping the offensive attack, considering sacking the quarterback was not permitted to prevent injuries.

After the game, head coach James Arnold held a press availability in which he stated, "Today, the Cougar nation got to see what has me so excited."
Old 11-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Exciting. I like the team choice. Houston has a big game coming up at UConn in 3 weeks. Hopefully they come in at 10-0, ranked in the top 10 so they can LOSE!!!!

I'll follow along with ya, and don't hesitate to let me know if you need any help with things. I'm no good with graphics, but know how to make shortcuts to custom graphics.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your offer to help. As I am new here, I may ask at least for some advice.

As for the team choice, I wish your Huskies luck in three weeks! I do think you'll get your wish that Houston comes in at 10-0, and teams with a record like that are bound to get snagged, especially with a first-year head coach. I choose them not necessarily because I am a fan in real life, but because they are an excellent launching pad in NCAA 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »