Home

I'm Not Pacman | The Career of Adam Jones

This is a discussion on I'm Not Pacman | The Career of Adam Jones within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #25
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I'm Not Pacman | The Career of Adam Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsump112
I was nervous reading the post. Really enjoying what you've got going on here.
Thanks! Hope you continue to enjoy. Update coming later today (or tomorrow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
this is really good so far, very tough to play as a cb in madden in my experience. following
Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty tough. A house rule that makes it tougher is that I actually have to move my player, rather than just letting him auto-run. Already have a holding penalty, that 61-yarder allowed, and a pick. Pretty cool to see the variation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #26
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

September 5, 2015

When there are 8 out of 83 players to cut, chances are you'll be part of the 90% of guys who aren't cut. When 22 out of 75 players get cut, however, the chance that you'll get cut—30%—is much higher than the first round of cuts—three times higher, actually.

If I seem more composed this time around, it's because I am. I gained a lot of confidence after my interception in the last game of the preseason, rebounding from the disheartening and potentially crushing 61-yard touchdown. I shudder to think how I would feel had the timing of those two been reversed.

I think I've shown that I can perform somewhere. I hope coaches and GMs think that, because I do. Whether it's on a practice squad somewhere, staying on in Charlotte or getting signed to another roster, I think I can do it. I've been through six weeks of preparation, six weeks of carrying veterans' uniforms and shoulder pads, six weeks of minimal sleep and six weeks of constant drills. I've seen friends get cut, seen rivals get praised, seen the dregs of NFL talent outperform the best players I ever saw in college.

Am I one of those guys? Not yet. Not until 4 pm today, when I'll know the first part of my future. Rather than staying home this time, I'm going to spend the day in an informal practice with a few other teammates. I figure I might as well get in some more reps, spend more time with teammates that I hope to have for the rest of the year, but whom I may only have for the next few hours.

Panthers Cut 3 WRs, Including Brenton Bersin

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers cut Brenton Bersin, Damiere Byrd and Mike Brown on Saturday, leaving them with five wide receivers on the 53-man roster.

Bersin, who graduated from the same school as Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, caught 13 passes for 151 yards and a touchdown last season. They are the only two Wofford graduates to play in the NFL.

There were no surprising cuts, although the team did keep rookie Brandon Wegher over Jordan Todman at running back. Todman was cut despite his experience.

The Panthers also cut tight ends Marcus Lucas and Scott Simonson, offensive linemen David Foucault, Martin Wallace, Ricky Henry and Jordan McCray, defensive tackles Terry Redden and Chas Alecxih, defensive end Rakim Cox, linebackers Jason Trusnik, Adarius Glanton and Brian Blechen, cornerbacks T.J. Heath, Carrington Byndom and Lou Young and safety Marcus Ball.

Center Brian Folkerts was waived-injured, and defensive end Arthur Miley was placed on injured reserve.

The Panthers did not make general manager Dave Gettleman or coach Ron Rivera available for interviews on Saturday to discuss the team's roster moves.

Carolina's wide receiving group has been up in the air since Kelvin Benjamin went down with a season-ending knee injury in training camp. Benjamin was the team's No. 1 wide receiver last season with 73 receptions for 1,008 yards and nine touchdowns.

Wide receiver Corey Brown made the roster despite a shaky preseason in which he dropped five passes, including two that would have been touchdowns. Veterans Jerricho Cotchery and Ted Ginn Jr. also made the cut, along with rookie Devin Funchess and Kevin Norwood, who was acquired last week in a trade with Seattle. It remains unclear who'll be Carolina's starting wide receivers entering next weekend's season opener at Jacksonville.

It's possible the Panthers still could look to upgrade their wide receiver position in the next few days depending what players become available.

Carolina kept two undrafted rookies — Wegher and safety Dean Marlowe — and seventh round draft pick Adam Jones.

Trusnik was a free agent signing this past offseason and Glanton played some last season for Carolina at linebacker. But the team went with rookie David Mayo and veteran special teamer Ben Jacobs at linebacker instead.

NB: This is the original article, edited slightly. The edit is near the end, if you don't want to read the whole article.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Wohoo!!!! Congratulations on making the cut!!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #28
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Banner1.jpg

Matchup Preview *|* September 13, 2015
@
Carolina Panthers
(0-0, 0-0 Away)
Jacksonville Jaguars
(0-0, 0-0 Home)
Injury Report
DT Star Lotulelei (foot)
Questionable
TE Julius Thomas (hand)
Out
C Ryan Kalil (knee)
Probable
WR Marquise Lee (hamstring)
Out
CB Josh Norman (concussion)
Probable
DE Andre Branch (knee)
Doubtful
TE Rickie Brockel (shoulder)
Out
DT Sen'Derrick Marks (knee)
Doubtful
CB Charles Tillman (shoulder)
Questionable
S Jonathan Cyprien (finger)
Probable
Game Notes
The Panthers start the season on the road, the first in a year without star wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin. The workload will fall on the shoulders of Ted Ginn Jr., Jerricho Cotchery, and recently-acquired Kevin Norwood. The Panthers figure to run the ball early and often, especially against a defensive line without two starting members. The Panthers' own Star Lotulelei is questionable, as is nickel corner Charles Tillman, but Carolina should have both Ryan Kalil and Josh Norman in the starting lineup by the time the game rolls around.
Key: Pound the rock, run it well, win the game. Simple math.

The Jags will miss two key defensive linemen and their big free agent signing, Julius Thomas, but there is some good news for Jacksonville: starting safety Jonathan Cyprien is expected back to shore up a weak secondary in their matchup against the Panthers' depleted receiving corps. Blake Bortles won't have the easiest time against the Panthers' stout defense, but if nickel corner Charles Tillman stays on the sidelines (he is questionable), the Bortles could have a good matchup against rookie Adam Jones. The defense will have to stay strong against dual-threat Cam Newton.
Key: Big plays to stay in the game.

Prediction: Panthers 20, Jaguars 10

I'm nervous. "Peanut" had injured his shoulder in practice and was listed as questionable for the opener at Jacksonville. The coaches had me at 4th in the depth chart, one behind him, meaning that I could see serious playing time in my very first game if he winds up missing time.

This is a game we need to win. It would be a morale crusher to lose to the league's worst team over the last few years. More than that, we need to win to pump up our spirits. We need to win so that we can show all the critics that we can win even without Kelvin. We need to show ourselves that.

Coach McDermott approached me the Friday night before the game.

"Adam, Charles is hurting. We need you to take the majority of the snaps at nickel corner on Sunday. I believe in you."

Suddenly, I wanted a drink. "Yes, sir. I'll do—"

"I don't want some rah rah bull****, I want you to go out there and show it. Actions speak louder than words."

Several drinks would do the trick now. "Yes sir."

He nodded and walked away.

Luke Kuechly came up to me before I could quench my now-raging thirst. As defensive captain, and probably the best middle linebacker in the league, he knew the situation. That's what a good captain does.

"Jones, you're good. If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't have agreed to let Peanut rest. I know we can win this game, I know you can help us do it. No bull****."

He walked off before I could say anything. Maybe that's why athletes deploy so much BS against the media: they can't use it with teammates.

I saw some teammates walking down the hall. I decided to get moving and go get a drink before they could offer any further encouragement. Your mind is a lonely place.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #29
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Banner1.jpg

There are two kinds of sports people in the world, those who are completely calm and relaxed before they step onto the field, and those who are very, very nervous. I'm one of the latter players. Ever since high school football, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone in the locker room before the game. There would just be a lump in my throat and a pit in my stomach.

Imagine my heightened nervousness, then, before my first NFL game. 70,000 screaming fans, all rooting against me, against my team. I had barely made the team in the first place—if I had a bad game, was that it? Would I be cut? The lump in my throat felt more like a bowling ball, and the pit in my stomach felt more like a Mack truck. Other teammates were laughing, getting loose. I envied them—I wished I could be like them, calm. No Mack truck in their stomach.

Thomas Davis came up to me. "Hey, rookie, stop turning so green, we don't want to lose you on the field," he said, prompting chuckles from the non-nervous and strained smiles from the focused. I forced a chuckle and stood up on legs of jelly.

I actually puked out of nervousness before my first high school game. I hadn't played organized football before, didn't really know too many people on the team, and I was just scared. Scared enough that I threw up in the parking lot. And I still played. Well, I was just a sub then, but I still got in for a few plays. Didn't puke on the field. Haven't puked since then, either, before any sporting event.

I was leaning over the sink, looking into the mirror when Coach Rivera called everyone into the room. I quickly took my seat at my locker.

"Boys, we're going to go out there, and we're going to win. No ifs, ands, or buts. We're gonna go out there and give everything we got, and we're gonna open this season the right way. The offense is going to be strong, the defense impregnable. We're going to go out there..." here he paused for dramatic effect, "We're going to go out there, and we're gonna come back the one and oh Panthers."

He looked around the room, looking at every one in turn. Players were nodding, praying, furiously studying the playbook for the last time, but when he looked at them, they looked back.

"Let's go."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »