Home

The Resurrection of Sonoma State

This is a discussion on The Resurrection of Sonoma State within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Prefer Updates?
full article for each week through the season 44 67.69%
brief stats/summary, article updates 4x per season 21 32.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #833
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Resurrection of Sonoma State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Oh man, talk about a heartbreaker. That one stings I can't even imagine after a streak like that. But sometimes a little adversity is good for a team (and a dynasty story for that matter). I am going to be really curious to see what direction you go with the quarterback battle. I think you're right to give Houston at least a chance to start after the way he played. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Cheese, thanks for checkin in! It was heartbreaking, definitely more so after clawing back. I think its easier to deal with a flat out loss than something like this. The adversity is good, both for me, the team, and the story. We were far overdue for it, and as a gamer, I needed the challenge. My only concern with Houston is his overall accuracy, but he has earned another chance at least. Who knows, it could go back and forth all season.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm excited to see if we can rebound from this.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #834
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

What a streak... always heartbreaking when one ends, especially one of that magnitude
Old 08-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #835
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Can't believe I have overlooked this report man, must do a catch up! What a streak of wins that has now come to an end! I can't imagine how gutting that must have felt. However it gives you something to work on again, and keeps this fresh!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 05:19 PM   #836
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
What a streak... always heartbreaking when one ends, especially one of that magnitude
It was a real gut punch, for sure, especially after fighting back. It was a good streak for sure, but everything comes to an end at some point. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
Can't believe I have overlooked this report man, must do a catch up! What a streak of wins that has now come to an end! I can't imagine how gutting that must have felt. However it gives you something to work on again, and keeps this fresh!
Hey bud, happy to have you in here! The loss sucks, it was honestly a bit more deflating than I expected it to be lol. As you said though, it does give me some work to do, and certainly makes it feel fresh. Thank you for checking in!

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #837
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

(2023) Week 4 Review

2023 Week 4 Review

Week 4 Stories

-UConn stuns #9 Texas in convincing fashion-

-Kent State shocks the world by taking down #4 TCU-

-West Virginia stumbles to 0-3-

-Minnesota takes down #3 Michigan-

-#8 Auburn shows dominance by taking out #12 LSU in a blowout-

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #838
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

(2023) Week 5 Preview

Series History

Sonoma State has owned this series with a 3-0 record against Oklahoma State. The Cowboys have always been able to put up a respectable amount of points, but the Seawolves simply put up a lot more each time. 2022 was the closest the Cowboys have been, trailing just 28-24 in the third quarter before the Seawolves ran away with it to win 52-35. Jim Brant, Oklahoma State’s running back and younger brother of former Sonoma State running back Benjamin Brant, was a force last year. He had 10 carries for 108 yards and 15 catches for 73 yards. He comes into his big brother’s house this season looking for another impressive performance to show Seawolves Head Coach Scott Wright that maybe, just maybe, he should have recruited him.

What to Watch For
Zach Bishop is out and Brice Houston is in, again. The quarterback carousel continues for the Seawolves, but this will be Houston’s first chance to start at home. He led a great comeback attempt last week, but still missed a lot. Look for QB play to be a key yet again, as it probably will be all season. Don’t be surprised if we see a change mid game yet again, as consistency has been lacking.

Otherwise, A.C. Sonora will look for another big game on the ground. Alika Kalama is limited in action due to an ankle sprain, so Sonora will likely carry the load. The Heisman candidate looks ready for the challenge. Both Seawolves receivers Highland and Myers will hope to be a safety blanket for Houston, and they have started to perform better in the last two games. Oklahoma State’s defense is fairly suspect, so look for a big game from the Sonoma State offense.

For Oklahoma State, Jim Brant may be a key to success again. The Cowboys had a decent performance from quarterback Thomas Sapp in 2022, but he threw 3 interceptions. He surely will try to clean that up and pass the ball well against a suspect defense. Sonoma State gave up 378 passing yards last week, including a game winning drive. The passing offense of Oklahoma State will likely try to exploit the same issues and come away with a win of their own. Look for two offenses fighting back and forth.

Keys to Victory

Sonoma State
Offense: Establish the run, put up points to get the home crowd rocking
Defense: Play strong against the pass, force short plays and runs

Oklahoma State
Offense: Get the air game established and get off to the races on the scoreboard, silence the crowd
Defense: Force the pass, contain the dominant running game, rack up turnovers

Scouting Report

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-16-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #839
MVP

young22's Arena

This looks like a close matchup on paper, but their offense seems to be struggling. Defense will be key here, shut em down and you should get the W.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #840
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
This looks like a close matchup on paper, but their offense seems to be struggling. Defense will be key here, shut em down and you should get the W.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks bro. It could actually be pretty interesting. They moved the ball well against me in the air last season, and with the coaching adjustment they could really do some damage in this one. I think it will be much closer than past meetings, especially if my pass defense struggles!

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »