Home

Chasing 500: The Story of Gary Kelly

This is a discussion on Chasing 500: The Story of Gary Kelly within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 02:12 AM   #1
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Chasing 500: The Story of Gary Kelly

Prologue

Three coaches in college football history have amassed over 400 career wins. Joe Paterno is the only FBS coach to do it with 409. John Gagliardi holds the record for most wins with 489. No coach in history has won 500 games, but that is exactly what young Gary Kelly plans to do. Kelly is renowned for his incredible work ethic and his feel for the game. At 26 years old he became the youngest offensive coordinator in college football history. Now, at 28 he's given the reigns of a FBS program in an unprecedented move...

Dynasty Info

Hey guys, I'm back with another NCAA 14 Dynasty. I've been trying to figure out a way to get back in to the game I love so much, and I believe that trying out Coach Mode has made a difference! I've never done coach mode, and recently I tried out BlackRain37's sliders and loved them. My biggest problem with NCAA has always been that I win too easily, and this set has provided me a challenge!

Current Position on All Time Wins List will be posted here once I join the 200 win club.

House Rules

I will be modding for the four team playoff. I will create my own weekly rankings (to simulate the playoff committee). These rankings will NEVER be biased towards my own team. Also, if I have a bunch of my own players winning awards and being selected all american because the solo tackle problem, I will pick my own set of award winners.

Quarter Length: 9 minutes (may change)

Sliders: BlackRain37's set

Roster: Custom set based on the work that the guys were doing on the UGA Lovell/Call Me LSU roster.

Gameplay Rules: Auto Pass is on. All I do is call the plays. Field goals will be super simmed.

Recruiting Rules: No restrictions on location, but I have developed restrictions on what guys I can target and recruit which is based on my team's prestige. I took a look at the recruiting classes on 247 Sports and found that a "One Star" prestige type team signs anywhere from 3-8 three star recruits. The rest of their class consists of two or one star guys. So building from there I created the following rules:

1 Star - Can sign four 3 star recruits ranked BELOW 900 overall, one above. Rest of class is 2 stars.
2 Star - Can sign five 3 star recruits ranked BELOW 900 overall, three above.
3 Star - Can sign one 4 star recruit, five 3 star recruits BELOW 900, ten above.
4 Star - Can sign four 4 star recruits, unlimited three stars.
5 Star - Can sign two 5 star recruits, eight 4 star recruits, unlimited 3 star recruits.
6 Star - No recruiting restrictions.

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-14-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 02:12 AM   #2
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Re: Chasing 500: The Story of Gary Kelly

Coaching History

Spoiler

Coaching Milestones:
First Win: September 19, 2015 34-14 over UL-Lafayette
50 Wins:
100 Wins:
200 Wins:
300 Wins:
400 Wins:
500 Wins:

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-15-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:13 AM   #3
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Record Books

Team Records (Season)

Total Offense:
Passing Offense:
Rushing Offense:
Total Defense:
Passing Defense:
Rushing Defense:

Individual Records (Season)
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:
Receiving Yards:
Interceptions:
Sacks:
Tackles:

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-14-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:14 AM   #4
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

All Americans and Award Winners

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-12-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:14 AM   #5
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Former Players in the NFL

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-12-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 02:15 AM   #6
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

National Champions

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-12-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:16 AM   #7
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Bowden Fired!

Akron, OH --- Breaking news out of Akron. Terry Bowden has been relieved of his duties as head football coach at the University of Akron. This announcement comes just days after an initial report stating that Bowden was in a physical altercation with one of his players. So far, police are not releasing any information about the details of the altercation.

Athletic Director Larry Williams released the following statement: "The University of Akron is sorry to announced that Terry Bowden has been relieved of his duties as head football coach. After an internal investigation, the university feels that it is in our best interest to move forward without Terry. Coach Bowden recommended that offensive coordinator Gary Kelly take his place, and after an interview with myself and the university president Kelly has been named interim head coach."

Gary Kelly becomes the youngest head coach in FBS history at just 28 years old. Kelly is known as one of the most brilliant offensive minds in football despite his young age. He is an excellent recruiter, and has an unparalleled work ethic. With just two weeks before the Zips season opener, he has a lot of work to do.

Last edited by Miles Perry; 12-12-2015 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:39 AM   #8
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Here is your Akron Zips schedule for the coming season. With 3 games against Big 10 opponents, the Zips could find themselves struggling to gain bowl eligibility. "The ULL game is going to be a must win. We plan to compete in the conference, but that game is very important," coach Gary Kelly said. Akron will need to make InfoCision a fortress if they want to compete for a MAC Championship, or even bowl eligibility. It won't be easy, but the Zips believe they have the man at the helm that can get the job done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »