Home

And Then I'll Rise and Fight Again | Miami Hurricanes Football Dynasty

This is a discussion on And Then I'll Rise and Fight Again | Miami Hurricanes Football Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 PM   #313
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: And Then I'll Rise and Fight Again | Miami Hurricanes Football Dynasty

There's only one Jason White. Gotta get him to win the Heisman now.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #314
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Okay.. his name is Jason White. He's white. He can't run. He plays quarterback. That young man needs to wear #18 because he's going to win the Heisman and play six seasons in college due to injury. You heard it here first.

Carlos Green is an absolute monster -- definite possibilities as the anchor (literally) of your defense for years to come. Awesome haul with him and the others on signing day. You've really set yourself up well for the future. I love the recruiting trading card visuals too.. not sure I've seen that in any other thread before.

Can't wait for the 2018 season. Keep up the great work!
I thought about changing his name, I've done it before so that we don't end up with a bunch of generic names but Jason White was just too perfect.

As great as Carlos Green is, it's Taylor Grant I'm excited about. Landing those two allows me to stay in my beloved four-man front look for at least the next three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
There's only one Jason White. Gotta get him to win the Heisman now.
Yes, sir.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #315
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

miami******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

DLs******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

2018 Miami Hurricanes football preview: Will Carlos Green and Taylor Grant live up to the hype?
Palm Beach Post // Michael Perryman

For the past two seasons, Miami's heart and soul has been in their linebacking corps and their biggest trash talker has been now senior linebacker Michael Pinckney, someone who is routinely shirtless on the team's plane. Pinckney might have some competition with Taylor Grant, the talented five-star defensive tackle that has not stopped running his mouth -- or making plays -- since arriving in January.

Grant and fellow five-star true freshman Carlos Green are two confident guys and with good reason. They should both be starters along a defensive line that features plenty of experience on the outside.

A look at Miami’s defensive line situation heading into the fall camp.

Projected depth chart
DE -- Joseph Jackson, Sr.; Sean Walker, RS So.; Marcus Dukes, So.
DT -- Taylor Grant, Fr.; Kyle White, So.; Luke Wheeler, RS Fr.
DT -- Carlos Grant, Fr.; Derrick Sparks, Fr.
DE -- Scott Patchan, RS Sr.; Patrick Bethel, Sr.; Jeremy Steele, RS Fr.; Marcus Shelton, So.

Major story line: Miami has tons of experience and talent on the bookends of their defensive line. Patchan and Jackson have been getting heavy playing times as rotational guys for the past few seasons and should be ready to go along with Bethel, who figures to get plenty of playing time spelling both Patchan and Jackson. Can the inexperienced, but talented, interior guys step it up?

Grant and Green are talented but still have yet to play a down of college football. There's not much depth behind them so even if they do struggle, Miami will have to continue trotting them out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #316
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

miami******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

LBs******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

2018 Miami Hurricanes spring football preview: How will linebackers adjust to new scheme?
Palm Beach Post // Matt Porter

It’s unclear how defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Manny Diaz will utilize his group of stud linebackers in his new 4-2-5 defense.

Shaq Quarterman has thrived as the man in the middle, winning the Dick Butkus award in his two seasons as a starter. He'll have company in the middle, permanently, with fellow linebacker Zach McCloud who figures to play the Will position alongside Quarterman in the heart of Diaz's new 4-2-5 defense. That leaves Michael Pinckney and James Gordinier, two talented seniors, without a true position.

A look at Miami’s linebacker situation heading into the fall:

Projected depth chart
MLB – Shaq Quarterman, Sr.; Jamie Gordinier, RS Sr.; Chris Gilmore, Fr; Jonathon Robinson, Fr.
WLB – Zach McCloud, Sr.; Michael Pinckney, Sr.; Jeremy Joseph, So.; Brandon Bailey, RS Fr.

Major storyline: How will Diaz utilize Pinckney and Gordinier, who are simply too good to simply ride the pine. Pinckney is the team's best cover linebacker and figures to get some snaps on third downs while Gordinier is your traditional thumper at linebacker who can also rush the passer, if needed. Diaz will have to find a way to get those two, along with starters McCloud and Quarterman, on the field as much as possible as he continues to tweak a defense that struggled at times last season against running quarterbacks.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #317
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

DBs******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

2018 Miami Hurricanes spring football preview: Is this the year Siegel puts it all together?
Palm Beach Post // Matt Porter

No one has been challenged more over the past two years by defensive coordinator Manny Diaz than junior CB Evan Siegel. A starter since he was a true freshman, Siegel will now need to be a leader of backfield that received a facelift over the last few months due to two starters graduating in Sheldrick Redwine and Jaquan Johnson, as well as moving to a 5-man defensive backfield in the team's 4-2-5 defense

A look at Miami’s defensive backfield situation heading into the season:

Projected depth chart
CB – Evan Siegel, Jr.; Brad Summers, Fr.
FS - Romeo Finley, Sr.; Parker Kiniry, Jr.
Rover - Cedrick Wright, Sr;, Robert Knowles, RS Sr.
Whip - Derek Nolan, Jr.; Michael Pinckney, Sr.
CB – Malek Young, Sr.; Deion Carter, Jr.; Sean Gordon, Fr.

Major storyline: Who will be the final five guys and what will be their roles? Siegel and Young are starting on the outside and Derek Nolan, the team's all-american at safety, is also a lock at whip. The position is new in this defense but Nolan was built for it as his size and speed. He plays at the LOS, where he's most comfortable, and can run with the fleetest of foot at running back or tight end.

Who starts at free safety and rover? The rover position has had different suitors in spring as the rover also plays at the LOS but is more of a man cover guy than a run stuffer which should fit in right for Wright, a former corner, but at five-foot-nine and 181 pounds, he has struggled against the run. The team has brought down Finley a couple times to that rover position but he is the team's best zone coverage guy and has the best range on the team and is their best option at that free safety position.

Only time will tell what the final unit will look like.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #318
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Scout.com: 2019 CFN Preview - Miami Hurricanes
Scout.com // James Dicillio

It's been a hectic past 12 months for Mark Richt and the Miami Hurricanes. They started their season 1-2 and looked like they were going to be undergoing a dark year before redshirt sophomore Jack Allison turned their season around, going undefeated for the rest of the regular season and then the wheels fell off, Allison got benched and suspended and is now in West Virginia.

But all is well in Coral Gables now that Richt has seemingly stabilized his program by retaining defensive coordinator Manny Diaz and hiring one of the top assistants in the country in offensive coordinator Matt Lubick from Oregon.

Head coach: Mark Richt
4rd year: 34-7
18th year overall: 179-58

Ten Best Miami Players
1. HB Travis Homer, Sr.
2. WR Dionte Mullins, Sr.
3. LB Shaq Quarterman, Sr.
4. DE Joe Jackson, Sr.
5. C Robert Liston, Jr.
6. OT Tyree St. Louis, RS Sr.
7. LB Zach McCloud, Sr.
8. WR Ahmmon Richards, Sr.
9. OT Bar Milo, RS Sr.
10. S Derek Nolan, Jr.

Schedule
Aug. 28 vs. Florida (EverBank Field)
Sept. 3 vs. Central Michigan
Sept. 10 vs. NC State
Sept. 17 at Syracuse
Sept. 24 at Duke
Oct. 1 vs. North Carolina
Oct. 8 at Florida State
Oct. 22 at Notre Dame
Nov. 5 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 12 vs. Virginia Tech
Nov. 19 vs. Virginia
Nov. 26 at Pittsburgh

Preseason All-Americans
LB Shaquille Quaterman, Senior.
LB Zach McCloud, Senior.
S Derek Nolan, Junior.

Preseason All-ACC
HB Travis Homer, Senior.
HB D'Andre Sparks, Sophomore.
DE Joseph Jackson, Senior.
CB Evan Siegel, Junior.
CB Malek Young, Senior.
LB Shaquille Quaterman, Senior.
LB Zach McCloud, Senior.
S Derek Nolan, Junior.

What to watch for on offense: Miami's new look spread offense with, presumably, Jason White, at the helm. Miami was a run-first offense last season and that should continue to be the case this season but with a true freshman at quarterback, it leaves to the imagination what Lubick and Richt will do with White's arm talent but inexperience. White isn't the fleetest of foot, something Lubick has yet to work with and should present some challenges and surprises.

What to watch for on defense: Will the 4-2-5 defense work? Miami's defense has had it's good stretches and bad stretches over the past three seasons and it seems that coach Richt and DC Diaz decided to make a switch to something else. Miami has the athletes in their front four and two linebackers to be able to cover the length of the field and are stout against the run with all-american safety Derek Nolan being used a box safety now. Can their defense on the back end slow down passing attacks?

The team will be far better if... they can get their offense going consistently and not rely so much on the big plays. Both Jack Allison and Malik Rosier relied on big plays from their receivers last year to get the offense rolling and when they didn't get them, they often found themselves in an offensive lull that put a lot of pressure on their defense. If Travis Homer and D'Andre Sparks can bring some consistency to the offense, it should go a long way.

The Schedule: Miami opens the season against Florida in a neutral -- Jacksonville -- field and regardless of the outcome, they should have plenty of time to recover from such an emotional game as they don't go out on the road against a tough opponent until early October when they travel to Florida State. And then it's murder's row.

They go at Florida State, at Notre Dame and at Georgia Tech before finishing the season with two home games against Virginia Tech and Virginia before their trip to Pittsburgh. That is a tough, tough stretch and their only 'easy' game might be on the road in a likely bad-weather game against Pittsburgh.

Best offensive player: Senior HB Travis Homer. Sparks might get the hype and Jason White might be the focus but Travis Homer might have a real shot at the Heisman this season. He had over 1,000-yards in his only season as a member of the offense and a strong senior campaign could make him a day-two draftee come next April.

Best defensive player: Senior LB Shaq Quarterman. Quarterman has won the Dick Butkus Award each of the last two seasons and he'll be the favorite this season as the man in the middle of the new 4-2-5 defense.

Key players to a successful season: Ahmmon Richards and Derek Nolan. Richards will look for that breakout season that everyone is hoping for and he'll need to bring it out to help out true freshman Jason White. Nolan is an all-american but he'll be asked to play a new position closer to the line of scrimmage.

The season will be a success if...the Hurricanes can compete for the coastal title and stay in the race for most of the season. Asking them to win ten games and win the coastal is tough with a true freshman at quarterback.

Key game: The most important game is not the Florida State game but the Georgia Tech game. Both teams figure to be in the race for the coastal title when they meet up after the Florida State game and Miami could be reeling -- or celebrating -- after facing FSU and Notre Dame before going up against the Yellow Jackets.

Game by Game Predictions
Aug. 28 vs. Florida (EverBank Field): W 24-7.
Sept. 3 vs. Central Michigan: W 35-10
Sept. 10 vs. NC State: W 24-21
Sept. 17 at Syracuse: W 42-10
Sept. 24 at Duke: W 17-10
Oct. 1 vs. North Carolina: L 28-24
Oct. 8 at Florida State: L 10-7
Oct. 22 at Notre Dame: L 35-21
Nov. 5 at Georgia Tech: L 38-35
Nov. 12 vs. Virginia Tech: W 21-17
Nov. 19 vs. Virginia: W 48-24
Nov. 26 at Pittsburgh: W 35-10
Old 10-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #319
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

starter******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #320
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-10-21 18-09-27******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"> My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-10-21 18-09-37******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-10-21 18-09-58******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"> My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-10-21 18-10-05******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »