Home

A New Sheriff In Town | Madden 16 | San Antonio Marshalls

This is a discussion on A New Sheriff In Town | Madden 16 | San Antonio Marshalls within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #17
MVP

Letalis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A New Sheriff In Town | Madden 16 | San Antonio Marshalls

Best Of The Options At Free Agency

This is set up to be one of the most interesting free agency periods in a long time with a number of big name players available to the highest bidder. The options at receiver, left tackle and cornerback are especially big this year and we could see a lot of teams spending a lot of money to try and catch these players. Interestingly enough one of the teams who have been hardest hit this off-season are the Denver Broncos, having seen Peyton Manning retire and now faced with the prospect of losing their top receiver and running back to other teams. The Super Bowl winners are set to have problems as well, looking likely to lose both of their starting guards, who are in huge demand. Here we will look at the top players available at each position this free agency.

Quarterback:
The big names here are a couple of top 5 draft picks who have been injury hit throughout their career in Sam Bradford and Robert Griffin III. Both players will be hoping that a change of location will give them a chance to stay healthy, and a chance to shine. Other players of note here are Ryan Fitzpatrick, a veteran game manager, and Chase Daniel, who did a great job subbing for Alex Smith when he was injured this year.

Running Back:
There are two big names in the running back pool this year, as well as a number of dependable options further down the list. The big names are former Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte and Super Bowl runner up C.J. Anderson. The other players that could make an impact are Lamar Miller, LeGarrette Blount, Robert Turbin, Chris Ivory and Doug Martin. None of these will be getting huge contracts but they should be productive wherever they go next year.

Full Back:
Despite the devaluing of the full back position there are still some teams who look to have a big blocker leading the way. The best options this offseason are all wiley veterans who have had decent production. Fan favourite John Kuhn leads the group but Mike Tolbert, Brian Leonard, Montell Owens and Jackie Battle are also in the conversation here.

Wide Receiver:
One player is dominating all the conversation here and that is Demaryius Thomas. The 28 year old receiver has been one of the top players in the NFL for the last few seasons partnered up with Peyton Manning, with Manning's retirement Thomas has decided to change up and try somewhere new. Thomas is not the only great player available though there are a lot of young blue chip prospects available with Michael Floyd, Josh Gordon and T.Y. Hilton. Also on the board are Rueben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, Percy Harvin, James Jones and Michael Crabtree.

Tight End:
As loaded as the wide receiver pool is, the tight end options are the opposite. The only big players available are really Coby Fleener and Jermaine Gresham. Both players can help a lot of teams out with their passing game and Gresham is a better than average blocker. Fred Davis, Jermichael Finley and Zach Miller are also available but it's doubtful that any of those will be getting big contracts.

Tackle:
The best options this year at tackle are all on the left side with some very dependable names as well as some truly dominant options. The best overall player available on the offensive line this off-season is Trent Williams, who was a front runner for offensive linemen of the year last year. Nate Solder, Anthony Castonzo and Russell Okung are all very highly rated starting left tackles available. Also sure to pick up contracts are veterans like Donald Penn and Jake Long.

Interior Offensive Line:
There is a huge difference between the top players available this offseason here and the others, there are a few huge contracts to be had but there isn't a big amount of quality players. The pair of guards from Seattle are the best players here, Alvin Bailey and J.R. Sweezy but Alex Boone and Mackenzy Bernadeau are also available. At center there is only really Will Montgomery and Brian De La Puente in the mix.

Defensive End:
Aside from a few exceptions the best players able to be picked up here are all the north side of 30, although they have still have plenty of production left in them. Justin Tuck, Robert Ayers, Jeremiah Ratliff, Ray McDonald, Manny Lawson and Jeremy Mincey are all looking good to pick up contracts. The best younger guys on the board are Chandler Jones and Greg Hardy, but Hardy's past might put a lot of teams off him.

Defensive Tackle:
Like the defensive ends, the best players on the interior of the defensive line are all veterans with all the young studs either franchise tagged or re-signed. Haloti Ngata is the best of the options but Brandon Mebane, Steve McLendon and Paul Soliai are also there to be picked up by teams who need some help stopping the run.

Outside Linebacker:
There is always a split between the pass rushing linebackers and the coverage linebackers but this year the best of the crop, with one huge exception, is all about the 4-3 guys. That exception is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL for the last few years, Tamba Hali. His age might scare a few people but Hali has always produced. On the coverage side the best players are Nigel Bradham, Bruce Irvin, Courtney Upshaw and Geno Hayes.

Middle Linebacker:
There is only really one player of note available for middle of the field and that's Brandon Spikes. Spikes has been one of the best middle linebackers against the run in the last few years but his coverage skills have always been called into question. His best fit will be a team with a great secondary where he can just be himself and crush opposing rushing backs.

Cornerback:
This is a very great year for teams who are looking to spend a lot of money on the outside of the secondary and there are some guys in the prime of their career as well as some experienced players around as well. The best of the crop is Sean Smith, who is one of the best corners in the game at the moment. He is joined by Casey Hayward, Prince Amukamara, Dre Kirkpatrick and Patrick Robinson. On the veteran side of the ball there is Johnathan Joseph, Leon Hall, Brandon Carr and William Gay, all players with a lot of quality play under their belt.

Safety:
There aren't many top level players available in the safety position in free agency but there are a lot of second tier, quality players available. The pick of the bunch is George Iloka, who had a very good year with the Bengals last year. Tvyon Branch, Mike Adams, Robert Blanton are the rest of the strong safeties who stand out. On the free safety side of the field there is Reggie Nelson, Husain Abdullah, Barry Church and Louis Delmas are all likely to but pen to paper.

Special Teams:
Punters are the better option out of the special teams players this year but this is a very good year if you need someone to put boot to the ball. Tress Way and Marquette King are the best punters available but there is also Brad Nortman, Sam Koch, Ryan Allen and Jon Ryan. For place kickers the top player is ex Green Bay Packer Mason Crosby, followed by Steven Hauschka, Chandler Catanzaro, Blair Walsh and Randy Bullock.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #18
MVP

Letalis's Arena

San Antonio Marshalls Free Agent Signings

Offense:
Quarterback - Matt Moore - 1 year, $2.56 million
Wide Receiver - Charles Johnson - 4 years, $8.1 million
Left Tackle - Anthony Castonzo - 5 years, $48.7 million
Left Guard - David Arkin - 2 years, $1.78 million
Center - Brian De La Puente - 3 years, $12.1 million

Defense:
Middle Linebacker - Joplo Bartu - 2 years, $1.9 million
Cornerback - Brandon Boykin, 4 years, $19 million
Safety - Andrew Sendejo - 4 years, $8.24 million
Safety - Johnson Bademosi - 1 year, $1.03 million
Old 02-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #19
MVP

Letalis's Arena

Around The NFL Key Free Agent Signings: Offense

Quarterbacks:
Sam Bradford - Cleveland Browns
Robert Griffin III - Carolina Panthers
Nick Foles - Denver Broncos
Kirk Cousins - Carolina Panthers

Running Backs:
Matt Forte - Oakland Raiders
CJ Anderson - Arizona Cardinals
Lamar Miller - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
LeGarrette Blount - New England Patriots
Chris Ivory - San Diego Chargers
Doug Martin - New England Patriots
Robert Turbin - Tennessee Titans

Full Backs:
John Kuhn - Dallas Cowboys
Mike Tolbert - Carolina Panthers
Brian Leonard - New England Patriots
Montell Owens - Green Bay Packers
Jackie Battle - Tennessee Titans
James Casey - Philadelphia Eagles
Stanley Havili - New York Giants

Wide Receivers:
Demaryius Thomas - Arizona Cardinals
Josh Gordon - Denver Broncos
Michael Floyd - San Diego Chargers
T.Y. Hilton - Oakland Raiders
Rueben Randle - Tennessee Titans
Mohamed Sanu - Denver Broncos
Percy Harvin - Jacksonville Jaguars
James Jones - Indianapolis Colts
Michael Crabtree - Philadelphia Eagles

Tight Ends:
Coby Fleener - Detroit Lions
Jermichael Finley - New York Giants
Larry Donnell - Houston Texans
Jermaine Gresham - Cleveland Browns
Fred Davis - New Orleans Saints

Tackles:
Trent Williams - Houston Texans
Nate Solder - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Russell Okung - Oakland Raiders
Kelvin Beachum - Jacksonville Jaguars
Jake Long - Pittsburgh Steelers
Donald Penn - Detroit Lions
Riley Reiff - Indianapolis Colts

Interior Offensive Line:
Alvin Bailey - Jacksonville Jaguars
J.R. Sweezy - Oakland Raiders
Alex Boone - New England Patriots
Mackenzy Bernadeau - San Francisco 49ers
Will Montgomery - Jacksonville Jaguars
Old 02-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #20
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

So you're keeping Laurinitis, Long and Cook?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #21
MVP

Letalis's Arena

Around The NFL Key Free Agent Signings: Defense

Defensive Ends:
Chandler Jones - Washington Redskins
Greg Hardy - Atlanta Falcons
Ray McDonald - Chicago Bears
Justin Tuck - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cameron Heyward - San Francisco 49ers
Jeremy Mincey - San Francisco 49ers
John Hughes - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jeremiah Ratliff - Houston Texans

Defensive Tackles:
Haloti Ngata - Minnesota Vikings
Brandon Mebane - New England Patriots
Steve McLendon - New York Giants
Paul Soliai - Cleveland Browns
Barry Cofield - Atlanta Falcons

Outside Linebacker:
Tamba Hali - Atlanta Falcons
Nigel Bradham - Carolina Panthers
Bruce Irvin - Philadelphia Eagles
Courtney Upshaw - Buffalo Bills
Geno Hayes - Cincinnati Bengals

Middle Linebacker:
Brandon Spikes - Washington Redskins
D'Qwell Jackson - Tennessee Titans

Cornerback:
Sean Smith - Cincinnati Bengals
Johnathan Joseph - Cincinnati Bengals
Leon Hall - Pittsburgh Steelers
Prince Amukamara - Detroit Lions
William Gay - New York Giants
Brandon Carr - Green Bay Packers

Safety:
Robert Blanton - Kansas City Chiefs
George Iloka - Tennessee Titans
Tyvon Branch - Houston Texans
Husain Abdullah - Pittsburgh Steelers
Louis Delmas - Cincinnati Bengals

Special Teams:
Mason Crosby - Chicago Bears
Steven Hauschka - Houston Texans
Blair Walsh - Philadelphia Eagles
Tress Way - Green Bay Packers
Marquette King - San Diego Chargers
Sam Koch - Denver Broncos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #22
MVP

Letalis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
So you're keeping Laurinitis, Long and Cook?
Laurinitis and Long yeah, they fit well with the system and I've got enough cap space to keep them on the books.

I'm not too sure about Cook, I have a lot of second round picks and a lot of needs. I might package Cook and a second round to try and move up and get another 1st round pick.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #23

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Definitely the right move to ship off Britt I think. I was actually surprised the Bengals were willing to part with a second round pick for him. I like your signings. I think you got good value for players who should step in and be immediate contributors. I will be very curious to see what direction you decide to go at the quarterback position.

Happy to see my Falcons loading up in their front seven.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #24
MVP

Letalis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Definitely the right move to ship off Britt I think. I was actually surprised the Bengals were willing to part with a second round pick for him. I like your signings. I think you got good value for players who should step in and be immediate contributors. I will be very curious to see what direction you decide to go at the quarterback position.

Happy to see my Falcons loading up in their front seven.
I couldn't keep Britt around, guy was useless last season, but he still had a decent overall rating and the Bengals only had Green on the roster. Managed to exploit that and rob them blind of that second round.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the signings, I'm looking forward to Charles Johnson because he fits the type of receiver that I enjoy using. I needed to move Robinson inside as a guard because he was a turnstile at tackle for me (most sacks conceded in the NFL) so bringing in a marquee left tackle with the big signing seemed to make sense as well.

As for the Falcons, Tamba Hali and Greg Hardy on the same team? Drew Brees has just increased his insurance that's for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »