Home

Small Body, Big Heart - The Career of Sam Pellegrini

This is a discussion on Small Body, Big Heart - The Career of Sam Pellegrini within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #65
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Small Body, Big Heart - The Career of Sam Pellegrini

Was that commitment to UConn official?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 04:32 AM   #66
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
The kids has to stay home so his mom can see him play. If you are good the NFL will find you!
he is definitely leaning that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Was that commitment to UConn official?
Nothing official yet.

thanks for following and posting guys
Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #67
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

just ordered an El Gato. i have already played a number of games so the change over won't be immediate but it's coming
Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #68
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Sports
High School Football

12-12-2012

Bristol Central's Pellegrini commits to UConn

Bristol -
Four days after leading his school to the state high school football championship things have gotten even more exciting for Bristol Central runningback Sam Pellegrini.

Pellegrini, who was ranked as high as 34th nationally on rivals.com, announced through the Bristol Central athletic department that he has accepted a football scholarship to the University of Connecticut.

Pellegrini led the state in rushing yards and touchdowns. He had scholarship offers from a number of schools from Connecticut all the way to Oregon.

“I really just wanted to stay close to home. I never had much desire to leave but when some of those big, prestigious schools like USC and Oregon made offers I had to think on it a minute.” Sam told me earlier today. “I see a lot of guys make these big, elaborate announcements and that just wasn't for me. I called coach Pasqualoni last night then I called coach Allen and told him to go ahead and announce it. That's just more my style.”

“We're very excited to have Sam continue his career close to home and you can bet we will be among his biggest fans.” Bristol Central head coach Joe Allen said during the announcement, which he made from the school's gymnasium.

Pasqualoni has indicated that Pellegrini “will not be asked to redshirt" and that he "will get every opportunity to contribute and get on the field as a true freshman.”

Pellegrini will finish up his classes early and report to UConn in time for spring practice and the team's spring game.

"I just want to get in the mix as soon as I can. I want to be up to speed when the season starts."

Pellegrini joins Stratford's Beau Byrne as UConn top 50 ranked, local commits.

“It's very important to us to land these local kids and not allow the bigger schools to steal them out of our back yard. We're very excited to get these guys on board.” Pasqualoni explained.

Both Pellegrini and Byrne will play in the state All-Start game this Saturday at UConn's Rentschler Field.

Last edited by djp73; 03-16-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #69
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Nice choice with UConn bro, you should be able to dominate the American conference. Good luck with your freshman season
Old 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #70
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Thanks man, glad to have you along for the ride.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:57 PM   #71
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

I was right haha. Should be interesting being teammates and an everyday practice target to beau. But like LopaKa said, the American conference should be a breeze. Good luck

Last edited by beast10; 03-16-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 09:56 AM   #72
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Sports
High School Football

12-16-2012

Pellegrini caps career with big day, MVP

North 34, South 26

East Hartford -
The Connecticut state high school All-Star game was played yesterday afternoon at UConn’s Rentschler Field in East Hartford.

Bristol Central's Sam Pellegrini, who is committed to UConn, had one final monster day as a high school player and led the north team to a 34-26 win over their counterparts from the south.

Pellegrini scored two rushing touchdowns, a punt return touchdown and a receiving touchdown on the day while racking up over 300 all purpose yards.

Fitting that his last game as a high school athlete took place on the field where he will play for the next four years and also on a Saturday afternoon, when UConn plays the bulk of their games.

“It was really neat to see him out there and kind of get a sneak preview of what we've got coming here next year.” UConn sophomore receiver Geremy Davis, who attended the game along with several other players and coaches, said after Pellegrini was presented the MVP trophy.

Pellegrini got the best of current rival and future UConn teammate Beau Byrne as he beat him one on one for a touchdown reception and outran Byrne and Stratford teammate Billy Hughes on one of his two touchdown runs.

Pellegrini will finish up his remaining classes early and join UConn in time for spring practice.

PELLEGRINI WENT OFF IN HIS FINAL GAME AS A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER

---
Sam Pellegrini Stats
18Car 163Yds 2TD, 3Rec 48Yds 1TD, 1PRTD

Last edited by djp73; 03-17-2016 at 10:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »