Home

Rise Of The Cougars || DavidTheGreat's Washington St. Cougars

This is a discussion on Rise Of The Cougars || DavidTheGreat's Washington St. Cougars within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #1
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Hello everyone! As a lot of you know, I am DavidTheGreat20, and I ran multiple dynasties here recently. Most of you are somewhat familiar with my Michigan and Detroit Lions dynasties, but this time, I'm doing something different. No longer will I be inheriting a roster full of studs at a top university or take over the reigns of a team that is one key factor away from a Super Bowl.

This time, I will pull a Drake and "start from the bottom."

Why NCAA 12?
I would say that fellow OSers Cheese2121 and Deegeezy were influential for me to come back to games other than NCAA '14. I bought my copy about two years ago, and I really never got to play it. Once NCAA '14 got boring to me, I started playing '11 and '13. '12 to me sounds like an opportunity to play a game that I never had much mileage on, and the thought of playing against and having future NFL players on your team is awesome.

Why Washington State?
I really wanted to take control of a one-star team, and after going through the list of those teams, I decided that Washington State would be a great team to rebuild. For one thing, it's generally hard to recruit top players to play in a small town in the east side of Washington. In the roster I'm using (I believe it was buckeye02's), I have some quality pieces in WR Marquess Wilson and SS Deone Bucannon, but behind them are some bonafide scrubs. Despite the number of players at the skill positions, I wouldn't call it "quality depth." Add in playing powerful squads yearly like Oregon and Stanford in the Pac-12, and it makes a rebuild much tougher.

Without further ado, let's get this show on the road!

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 05-05-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #2
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Skill/Recruiting Difficulty: All-American
Quarter Length: 9 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Threshold: 50
Sliders: Oraeon1224's Statistics and Sliders

Recruiting Restrictions: None for now due to the recruiting difficulty, but will change when needed.

I will add the top 10 prospects by recruiting year from 2012-2015 to preserve realism. Ratings for these players will be taken straight from NCAA 13/14 during their freshman years.

2012 Top Recruits:
Spoiler

2013 Top Recruits:
Spoiler

2014 Top Recruits:
Spoiler

2015 Top Recruits
Spoiler

2016 Top Recruits:
Spoiler

Scheme:

Offense: As my coach is a former Michigan RB, emphasis will be put on the running game. I usually use a playbook that is a mix between my play style and personnel I have on my team. For this reason, I'll be using the Alabama playbook (One Back) with my rotation of different types of RBs.

Defense: Traditionally, I run a attacking 4-3 defense in all of my dynasties. My playcalling revolves around heavy blitzing and liberal use of man coverage. I am about 75/25 Zone. Nothing has changed, really.

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 05-14-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:30 PM   #3
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Re: Rise Of The Cougars || DavidTheGreat's Washington St. Cougars

2011:
Prestige: *
Preseason Ranking:
Final Ranking:
Bowl Game:
Award Winners:

Recap:

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 05-08-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #4
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 05-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:32 PM   #5
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 05-08-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 11:33 PM   #6
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

New Blood: Washington State Hires 25-year-old Devin Tate for Head Coaching Spot
Wazzu fires Wulff, hires former U-M player as replacement

Pullman, WA - Things have just gotten interesting for Washington State.

After going 2-10 in his 4th season, Paul Wulff has been fired. While there were a ton of candidates the team considered to rebuild the fallen team, to many's surprise they went ahead and hired a guy only four years removed from playing college football himself.

Biography:

Devin Tate was born in 1986, making him one of the youngest college football coaches in Division I FBS history. A standout four-star running back out of high school, his accomplishments on and off the field landed him at the University of Michigan, where he was the "Lightning" of the thunder-and-lightning combo with the university's greatest running back in Mike Hart. After Hart graduated, Tate had an outstanding senior season in which he was named team captain. However, no NFL teams were interested afterwards, and he stayed at Michigan as a graduate assistant.

Introductory Press Conference:

Devin: Welcome everybody. My name is Devin Tate, and yes, I am Washington State's new head coach. This is my first head coaching gig, and to be honest, I am both anxious and excited to take this opportunity.

Coming from the University of Michigan, all us alumni like to call ourselves "The Leaders and Best" and the "Champions of the West." There's no denying that. That is what I am going to accomplish here. You have my promise that while I am here, we will achieve that status of being the leaders and best. Yes, we do play in the Pac-12 where Oregon and Stanford run the show. I know that. But that doesn't mean it is impossible.

I have a big task ahead of me, and I can't wait to get out there and meet all the guys. Any questions?

Media: "You said this is your first head coaching job. Do you have anything to share with us about the system you run?"

Devin: "Honestly, I don't know too many playbooks other than the run I ran at Michigan. *laughs* But from what I see in this roster, we will not run the gimmicky spread offense and all that here. We will have a grinding, tough pro-style attack, similar to what I ran before.

As for the defense, I'm not too familiar with it, so I'll hit up my defensive coordinator for that. My best bet is that I'm running a 4-3."

Media: "As a first-time head coach, how will you go about recruiting?"

Devin: "As a former recruit myself, I will recruit guys who fit my system. However, that doesn't mean I will pass up talent that isn't right. This team has a lot of holes, and it's my job to fill them.

Media: "Based on how you answered so far, you seem very inexperienced. How will that factor in during the games?"

Devin: "I honestly don't know about that. I will admit you're right about the inexperience. But I will do my best to suck up the knowledge, and you can count on it. One more question."

Media: "Suppose the entire Pac-12 is watching this conference right now. What is your message to them?"

Devin: "Don't sleep on us. We are not some average team. We will fight, and fight hard. Although we won't win every game, all our victories will be earned."

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 05-08-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:36 PM   #7
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

You are now free to post!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:33 AM   #8

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Thank you for the kind words my friend! I will definitely be following along for this! Very much looking forward to this!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »