Home

A Dynasty is Born | The Central Indiana Panthers

This is a discussion on A Dynasty is Born | The Central Indiana Panthers within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #9
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A Dynasty is Born | The Central Indiana Panthers

i always enjoy a teambuilder chise. almost went that route with my most recent one but i wanted to use stadium sounds
Old 05-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #10
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

as djp said, I too love teambuilder dynasties. Should be fun following along!
Old 05-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #11
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0

following..cant wait to see how coach builds his team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #12
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutiger
following..cant wait to see how coach builds his team
Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
as djp said, I too love teambuilder dynasties. Should be fun following along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
i always enjoy a teambuilder chise. almost went that route with my most recent one but i wanted to use stadium sounds
It's fun. I like developing a team entirely from the ground up and being able to set all the records and coaching history and whatnot. It's enjoyable for me.

I'm gonna be gone today, but I'll get this rolling tomorrow!

Last edited by DynasticJumper; 05-27-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #13
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynasticJumper
It's fun. I like developing a team entirely from the ground up and being able to set all the records and coaching history and whatnot. It's enjoyable for me.

I'm gonna be gone today, but I'll get this rolling tomorrow!
i can understand that. I've always been the same way..that's the reason I rebooted one of my fav games with my Grambling dynasty

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2016, 08:01 PM   #14

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

I will definitely be checking in on this. Love the premise.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 05-27-2016, 10:26 PM   #15
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

I'll be following, I recently did some TeamBuilder dynasties (posted on here) and I really got into it. Very fun to build everything up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 12:17 AM   #16
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

He shook his head and ran his fingers through his long, shaggy beard.

Freshman orientation was where he thought he could garner enough interest to get the ball rolling on this thing, but nobody seemed to be interested. He sighed dejectedly and leaned back in his seat, feeling it croak under his massive frame. When you run an academic-focused school, he knew, this is what you get--deep pockets to sway the NCAA, a big dream, and nobody to share it with. You're Matt F***ing Haley, he thought. You're president of Central Indiana for a reason. Just get aggressive and find somebody.

He busied himself by shuffling fliers and rotating the sign on the front of his table until, finally, a long, sinewy, athletic-looking freshman walked by.

"Hey, sir!" he called. The freshman turned, shocked, and walked over. "You ever play football?"

"Not really," the freshman shrugged. "Not since middle school, anyway. Why?"

Matt smiled and pointed to the sign hanging on the front of his table. "I'm starting a football team--want in?"

The freshman shook his head and, as if to stop Matt, held his hand up. "I don't think a club sport is up my alley."

"Club football?" laughed Matt as he picked up a flier. "No, no, no. This is a varsity sport. I've been in cahoots with the NCAA and think we can get a spot in D-1."

The freshman sighed and took a few steps away. "I don't know about this. That seems really stupid."

"Stupid, huh?" Matt stood up and walked to the other side of the table. "The glory, the television appearances, the news stories, all about a start-up team at a no-name college joining the big leagues? You don't want to be all over the country in the blink of an eye? That seems stupid? How about playing football against some lower-level athletes, getting a cool jacket, being the Big Man on Campus? Does that seem stupid?"

Matt handed the freshman the flier, who took it uneasily. "We have a meeting tomorrow. You should at least come by and see who all is there. See if this has the legs to get off the ground. And bring some friends, too."

The freshman nodded and left. Matt sat back down and reshuffled the fliers. 1 down, too many to go.

---

68…69…70…

Turnout was small, but it’s something, Matt thought. Kids of all sizes—not D1 athlete-sized, however—packed into the lecture hall, jabbering away. Figuring this was the entire group, Matt stood up and walked to the microphone.

This was his favorite part of public speaking—the anticipatory silence overtaking the audience like a wave as they straighten their shoulders, sit up, put their phones away. A mass crowd of unknowns, yet knowing that every eye is on you. Truly, he felt like the eyes of the world were upon him. He shifted the microphone, cleared his throat, and spoke.

“How many of you have played football before?”

About half the hands rocketed up, an attempt by everyone to demonstrate their value. Matt nodded, approving, and moved on.

“How many of you played through high school?”

Most of the hands dropped.

“How many of you were recruited out of high school?”

The last hands went down. Matt pulled the microphone from the stand and took a step down from the podium.

“Well, you’re now in the highest division of the most popular and competitive collegiate sport in the world. You all made the team.”

“Practice begins next Monday, where by then we will have a coach. I am interviewing now, and will relay the information to you as soon as I get it.”

“The eyes of the NCAA are upon you. The eyes of all sports leagues, really. You are a team full of walk-ons who are going to compete against the top athletes in our sport in the country. What happens now is all up to you.”

Last edited by DynasticJumper; 05-29-2016 at 07:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »