Home

Alternate Reality: A Chicago Bears Franchise

This is a discussion on Alternate Reality: A Chicago Bears Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #33
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Alternate Reality: A Chicago Bears Franchise

Has Kordell Stewart Found A Home In Dallas? | Week 1

By: Chris Mortensen, ESPN

As we all could tell, Kordell Stewart and Bill Cowher did not get along in Pittsburgh. It always seemed like Cowher gave Stewart a very very short leash, benching him after any sort of mistake. Last year Cowher let Stewart play all year, and while Stewart passed for 4,051 yards and 19 TD's, Pittsburgh went 7-9. Cowher used the bad record as justification to enter the Jay Fielder sweepstakes, and they signed the former Jaguars backup QB to a 4 year deal.

That signing infuriated Stewart, who demanded a trade immediately.

"I felt betrayed." Stewart said. "I'm one of 6 QB's to throw for over 4,000 yards and even that's not good enough. I began to doubt if I ever could start in this league without having to look over my shoulder after every bad play."

Then, the preseason rolled around. In the 2nd preseason game, Dallas backup QB Lucas Coleman ruptured his achillies, knocking him out for the foreseeable future. Then, in the last preseason game, on Troy Aikman's final drive in the game a defensive lineman stepped on his foot, fracturing it and knocking the 1999 MVP out for the season.

Right after the game, Dallas was on the phone with Pittsburgh for Stewart. The Cowboys wanted to try and salvage their season, and without a competent QB they'd be doomed. They were willing to give up whatever it would take, and in the end it took a 2002 1st and 3rd rounder to bring Stewart onto America's Team.

"It was a dream come true man. I thought I would be relegated to a backup role the rest of my career, but I'm glad I now have a new home and a coach that actually trusts me." said an emotional Stewart.

Yesterday in his first regular season start for Dallas, Stewart led a game winning drive in overtime to beat the Ravens 23-17. Stewart was 18/33 for 204 yards and 2 TD tosses in the win. He said he's excited that he's got a new home in Dallas and he's got the Cowboys game against the Steelers this year circled in red on his calendar already.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #34
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Rapid Reaction: Colts 55, Bears 7

Marvin Harrison mosses Farrington Lucas with one hand.

By: Dan Smith, ESPN

What an embarrassment. I am embarrassed to be a Bears fan after this game. I thought last week was bad....boy was I wrong.

Let's look at some positives from this week. Bobby Engram caught an 85 yard TD pass. Cade McNown threw a TD pass. That's about it for the positives paragraph.

Now the negatives paragraph. Let's start with the fact that Curtis Enis could only muster 42 yards all day, averaging 3 yards a carry. Let's look at how Cade McNown only completed 33% of his passes. Without Engram's 85 yard TD, McNown was 5/17 for 50 yards. Let's also look at how Marcus Robinson, one of the best receivers in the league, didn't catch a pass in this game. Let's look at how Peyton Manning went 19/22 for 292 yards and 4 TD's good enough for a perfect passer rating. And let's not forget that Farrington Lucas, the 1st round pick was abused again, this time by Marvin Harrison and suffered a broken clavicle which will keep him out half of the season.

All in all, da Bears now will have their home opener against the Titans, and its gut check time. However the way that game goes will determine the way this season goes, and I don't want to witness another blowout loss. Due to Steve McNair's broken hand, the Titans will be starting ex-Bear Jim Miller at QB, who was mediocre in relief of Cade McNown last season, tossing 8 TD's to 9 interceptions.

Leaders

CHI

Passing: C.McNown: 6/18, 135 yds, TD, int

Rushing: C.Enis: 14 rush, 42 yds

Receiving: B.Engram: Rec, 85 yds, TD

IND

Passing: P.Manning: 19/22, 292 yds, 4 TD (158.3 Rating)

Rushing: E.James: 16 rush, 118 yds, 2 TD

Receiving: D.Greenwood (R): 4 rec, 62 yds, TD

Next Week: vs Titans

Titans Leaders

Passing: J.Miller: 44/69, 561 yds, TD

Rushing: E.George: 44 rush, 182 yds, 4 TD

Receiving: K.Dyson: 14 rec, 198 yds

Injury Report

QB Steve McNair: Broken Clavicle, Out

The one positive play for the Bears was Bobby Engram's 85 yard TD reception.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #35
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Week 2 Scores

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #36
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Good Akili, Bad Akili: Will The Real Akili Smith Please Stand Up? | Week 2

Is Akili Smith the real deal?

Akili Smith has the upside to be a top 5 QB in this league. However, after performances like the one this afternoon, many people including Bengals fans would laugh in my face at that statement.

First off, let's look at what the #3 pick in the 1999 Draft did in Week 1. Smith was 15/26 for 223 yards and 3 TD passes in a 45-7 bludgeoning of the Eagles, who are of course led by the #2 pick in the 1999 Draft, Donovan McNabb. Smith played so well he won AFC Offensive Player of the Week. Everyone was saying I had Smith way too low on my QB rankings and the Bengals were going to the playoffs and a bunch of other crap.

However, this afternoon all those Bengals fans shut themselves up after the Bungles took another all too familiar beat down, this time a 27-0 butt kicking via the defending Super Bowl champion Buffalo Bills. And the GOAT Akili Smith went 5/14 for 29 yards while also taking 3 sacks, the last one knocking him out for the next month with a dislocated ankle.

My question is, when will Akili Smith show his true colors? His only consistency is inconsistency to this point in his career. He has talent, but his mechanics are awful and he's been a walking ambulance so far.

I'll make my own prediction on the matter: by the end of 2000, the Bengals will have learned enough about Akili Smith to determine if he is truly a franchise QB or not. I think that answer will be a no and if Cincinnati has a top 5 pick, don't be surprised if they trade up to #1 for a QB.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #37
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Rapid Reaction: Titans 52, Bears 14

Cade McNown was on his butt a lot this afternoon.

I don't normally say this 3 weeks into the season, but in this case, this must be done. Fire Dick Jauron. He has completely lost this team. Everybody has already quit 3 weeks into the season.

Cade McNown played his worst game yet, only completing 40% of his passes and tossing 4 interceptions. To his credit, his offensive line was horrible all day long, allowing him to be sacked 4 times and under duress all game long. Still, McNown was benched late in the game for 7th round pick AJ Gomez, who played pretty well going 6/8 for 75 yards and a TD. There are zero positives other than that. Curtis Enis was held to 32 yards rushing. Eddie George ran all over this defense for 180 yards and 3 TD's, while ex-Bear Jim Miller was an efficient 7/10 for 137 yards and a TD.

This season is pretty much over at this point. The only reason I will keep watching is to see the maturation process of Cade McNown, but he seems to only be regressing at this point. Next week Chicago takes on the 1-2 Falcons, and it looks like the Bears will fall to 0-4.

Leaders
CHI
Passing: C. McNown: 9/22, 125 yds, TD, 4 int
Rushing: C. Enis: 13 rush, 32 yds
Receiving: M. Booker: 3 rec, 40 yds, TD

TEN
Passing: J. Miller: 7/10, 137 yds, TD
Rushing: E. George: 22 rush, 180 yds, 3 TD
Receiving: K. Dyson: 2 rec, 103 yds, TD

Next Week: vs. Falcons (1-2)

Falcons Leaders
Passing: C. Chandler: 67/121, 938 yds, 4 TD, 3 int
Rushing: K. Oxendine: 56 rush, 198 yds, 2 TD
Receiving: T. Mathis: 20 rec, 340 yds, TD

Falcons Injury Report
DE Chuck Smith: Broken Clavicle, 6 weeks
CB Elijah Williams: Knee Tear, Doubtful

Jim Miller looks awfully weird in a Titans uniform, doesn't he?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #38
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Week 3 Scores

Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #39
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

The End Of A Streak | Week 3

Matt Hasselbeck, the 6th round pick in the 1998 Draft will make his first career start next Sunday against New Orleans.

After 128 starts, the iron man Brett Favre will not lace up the cleats next Sunday against the New Orleans Saints. Favre went down last week against the Vikings with a partial MCL tear, and he will reportedly be out for a month with the injury. Ex-49ers QB Jim Druckenmiller stepped in for Green Bay, but Druckenmiller struggled, throwing 2 interceptions in relief which led to a 38-35 loss to Minnesota.

This week, Packers head coach Mike Sherman has opted to start Matt Hasselbeck, the 3rd year man from Boston College. Hasselbeck hasn't played in an NFL game yet, so his first action will be at home this week against the Saints. While in previous years New Orleans would be a cakewalk, they have a QB now in Rob Johnson, who tossed 6 TD passes last week and are 2-1.

This will be the first time since week 3 of the 1992 season that someone else will start at QB besides Brett Favre for Green Bay.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #40
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Rapid Reaction: Falcons 31, Bears 7

Cade McNown tossed 3 interceptions, here was one of them.

Hey, at least this team competed for a half. But yet again, in the 2nd half the offense disappeared and Chicago was blown out of their own building for the 2nd straight week.

Some positive takeaways from this game was the Bears were only down 3 points at the half, 10-7. Marty Booker caught another TD pass. But that's about it for the positives.

Yet again, there was zero run game from Curtis Enis, which meant the game was put into the hands of Cade McNown. McNown responded by throwing 3 picks, although 2 came in garbage time. Believe it or not, I believe Chicago needs to let McNown air it out more. Curtis Enis has been awful this season, and handing the ball to him is a wasted down. Just let McNown spread out the field all game and see what he can really do.

Defensively, what can I say. Chris Chandler tossed 298 yards and 3 TD's against this awful secondary, who somehow misses 1st round draft pick Farrington Lucas. Ken Oxendine added 81 yards on the ground with 20 carries. Terrence Mathis turned back the clock to put up 123 yards and a TD. Just another game where this team fell down and died in the 2nd half.

Next week the Eagles, a very young team, come to town. Philadelphia is currently 0-4 as well, so one of these awful teams has to win next week.

Leaders
CHI
Passing: C. McNown: 13/24, 198 yds, TD, 3 int
Rushing: C. Enis: 10 rush, 19 yds
Receiving: M. Booker: 3 rec, 51 yds, TD

ATL
Passing: C. Chandler: 16/23, 298 yds, 3 TD
Rushing: K. Oxendine: 20 rush, 81 yds
Receiving: T. Mathis: 5 rec, 123 yds, TD

Next Week: vs Eagles (0-4)

Eagles Leaders
Passing: D. McNabb: 53/99, 595 yds, 3 TD, 3 int
Rushing: D. Staley: 64 rush, 236 yds
Receiving: C. Johnson: 14 rec, 134 yds

Injury Report
G Chris Naeole: Dislocated Hip, 2 weeks

Marty Booker caught another TD pass, one positive from this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »