Home

UNLV Now™ (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on UNLV Now™ (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #17
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: UNLV Now™ (NCAA 14)

I think I'm going to restart this. Reasons: 1.) Keep getting an error when trying to use the editor, haven't gotten any answers yet.. don't want it to be a problem later on down the line

2.) I want to continue working with the presentation.

I'm looking to really dive into detail next go around. Lots of articles in between games. and since I'm gonna roll with this dynasty for awhile, I'm going to really attempt to bring it to life.

* just gonna delete all my posts in this and continue on.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:32 AM   #18
All Star

beast10's Arena

NEWS | ROSTER | SCHEDULE | STATISTICS | RECRUITING | COACHES | RECORD BOOK

CORNETT: UNLV “VERY DISRESPECTED”
By Matthew Gaines on June 22, 2013 at 11:01a

MWC MEDIA DAYS | UNLV FOOTBALL

Last edited by beast10; 08-01-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:40 AM   #19
All Star

beast10's Arena

CORNET: "I KNOW WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE"
By Taylor Bern on June 23, 2013 at 3:28p

LAS VEGAS — Tim Cornett would like to place more responsibilities and expectations on his shoulders. Because following offseason surgery for a torn labrum and chipped rotator cuff in his left shoulder, the senior running back is confident he can handle the extra weight.

“If I can get the ball every play, I know what I bring to the table and I know my want-to,” Cornett said. “That would be easier.”

Easier than leaving the workload up to anyone else. It’s not that Cornett, one of UNLV’s representatives at the Cosmopolitan for the 2013 Mountain West football media days, doesn’t trust his teammates. He does. Just not as much as he trusts himself, and with one year left, Cornett doesn’t want to leave the fate of this season up to anyone else.

He’s willing to put his body on the line because he believes the team is close enough to turning some type of corner and his sacrifice will result in more than another two-win season. Prognosticators seem to agree, though no one’s predicting major changes.

UNLV was picked to finish last in the new West division. Fresno State was picked to win the division while Boise State was selected in the Mountain division. Both of those teams placed several players on the preseason All-Mountain West team. UNLV had one; Cornett.

Last edited by beast10; 08-01-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:01 PM   #20
All Star

beast10's Arena

MWC MEDIA DAYS: HAUCK LOOKS TO LIMIT DISTRACTIONS
By Matthew Gaines on June 23, 2013 at 3:28p

LAS VEGAS — Bobby Hauck represented the ninth of 12 coaches to take the MWC Media Days podium Tuesday at The Cosmopolitan.

With Las Vegas Stadium in mind, Hauck used his opening statement to eliminate any talks of future conference realignment among other things lying ahead in UNLV's suddenly-turned fate.

“What we’ve been gratefully presented by Las Vegas should certainly improve the stability and overall state of our program,” Hauck said of the stadium. “But like any other time, our focus is narrowed immensely upon how we can improve here in 2013.”

Since leaving Montana as the second winningest coach in program history, the bright lights of Vegas have pinned mostly turmoil on Hauck’s career. The third-year Rebel coach has won two games in each of his three seasons at UNLV, compiling a record of 6-32 (15.79%), the second lowest winning percentage among all active FBS coaches.

Speculation aimed for Hauck’s firing back in January, but instead he returns for another opportunity to right the UNLV ship, and potentially remain in their future plans.

“I’m 100-percent committed to this program,” Hauck said. “We’re not where most would like us to be, but when I accepted this job I knew exactly what I was in for. It’s a process. But I’m very happy to say we’re headed in the right direction.”

Last edited by beast10; 08-01-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #21

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

This is looking very very good. I really love the depth you are putting into this. Really brings it to life. I will definitely be checking in.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 PM   #22
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
This is looking very very good. I really love the depth you are putting into this. Really brings it to life. I will definitely be checking in.
Appreciate it Cheese. Going so in-depth could cause a workload but I think I can stick with one this for awhile, if not I'm probably done. I start two-a-days first thing in August so I'm about to get as much preseason content out the way as I can.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:33 AM   #23
All Star

beast10's Arena

RECAPPING UNLV'S SHOWING AT 2013 MWC MEDIA DAYS
By David Hyde on June 23, 2013 at 4:08p

LAS VEGAS — The Mountain West Conference officially opened the 2013 football season with its annual MWC Football Media Days in Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan.

2013 MWC All-Conference Team
PosPlayer NameYr.
QBDerek Carr (92), Fresno St.Sr.
HBTim Cornett (85), UNLVSr.
HBJay Ajayi (77), Boise St.So.
FBChad Young (85), San Diego St.Sr.
WRColin Lockett (89), San Diego St.Sr.
WRNoel Grigsby (90), San Jose St.Sr.
WRMatt Miller (90), Boise St.Jr.
TEAdam Roberts (81), San Diego St.Jr.
LTCharles Leno (89), Boise St.Sr.
LGSpencer Gerke (88), Boise St.Sr.
CTyler Larsen (87), Utah St.Sr.
RGJake Broyles (82), Boise St.Sr.
RTSean Shigematsu (81), Hawai'iJr.
LEDeMarcus Lawrence (82), Boise St.Jr.
REConnor Williams (84), Utah St.Sr.
DTTyler Davison (80), Fresno St.Jr.
DTSam Meredith (82), San Diego St.Jr.
OLBArt Laurel (83), Hawai'iSr.
MLBPatrick Su'a (85), Fresno St.Sr.
OLBKeith Smith (84), San Jose St.Sr.
CBNevin Lawson (84), Utah St.Sr.
CBL.J. Jones (85), Fresno St.Sr.
FSDarian Thompson (81), Boise St.So.
SSJeremy Ioane (84), Boise St.Jr.
KSeamus McMorrow (83), San Diego St.So.
PTrevor Harman (89), Boise St.Sr.
RETDallas Burroughs (76), Boise St.Jr.
The event featured several workings including the All-MWC Preseason Team and Conference Outlook announcement.

Notes:
Joining UNLV head coach Bobby Hauck at Media Days were student-athletes Tim Hasson as well as Tim Cornett, who was named to the All-MWC Preseason First Team at running back. Cornett was the only Rebel represented on the team.

UNLV was picked to finish last in the new West division, and 11th in the Mountain West, ahead of only New Mexico. Boise State (Mountain) and Fresno State (West) were projected to meet in the inaugural conference title game, which will be hosted at UNLV’s Las Vegas Stadium.

Cornett on desired role: “If I can get the ball every play, I know what I bring to the table and I know my want-to. That would be easier.”

Hauck: “We've got 18 returning starters and undoubtedly the best team we’ve fielded over the past few years.”

Rebels will try to preserve energy from Tim Cornett with Northwestern transfer Adonis Smith

Caleb Herring will backup quarterback Nick Sherry. Herring, recruited at quarterback in 2009, played mostly wide receiver last season after previously struggling under center.

Hauck noted the linebackers as the strongest position group on defense. He also hinted at major improvement from the nose tackles, led by senior Mark Garrick.

With new offensive coordinator Tim Rosenberg, Hauck said he anticipates a no-huddle, balanced offense. Cornett will lead the unit.

Last edited by beast10; 08-01-2016 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:17 AM   #24
All Star

beast10's Arena

REBELS PREPARE IN ELY FOR 2013 FOOTBALL SEASON
By Matthew Gaines on August 16, 2013 at 4:28p

ELY — After a 2012 campaign that saw the Rebels make strides on the field, but struggle to finish games, this upcoming season provides a chance to help turn the program around.

The Rebels arrived north in Ely last weekend – a yearly tradition – where they will practice before returning to Las Vegas a week before their season opener at Minnesota. The 11-day stretch provides players and coaches a chance to fine tune the team just for that date.

“It’s all football when we get up here,” senior tailback Tim Cornett said. “And on top of that, it’s a beautiful place to be. Just a time to focus and work hard.”

With players spending day after day together, the trips also helps the team become closer. And that difference in chemistry can be seen from the time they arrive to the time they leave.

“After coming back from this, what I see is a group of kids that care about each other,” head coach Bobby Hauck said. “A group that is working hard for each other and united in one goal. I think this really solidifies that.”

For the 2013 season, UNLV is picked to finish last in its division. But players and coaches remain optimistic after a previous season that saw many of its games end with close outcomes. And with Hauck, now in his fourth season with the team, players believe they will surprise people.

“We want to win games,” Cornett said. “A bowl. We haven’t been to one of those in a while. That’s what we’re aiming for.”

Much of the offense’s success will rely on Cornett, who was named a first team All-MWC selection this past July. He was the Rebels’ only mention on the list.

“Personally, this year is my last and I’m too determined to go out without doing something big here,” Cornett said. “And we hold that same belief on this whole team. The wait has been too long.”

Cornett only needs a mere 700 yards to become the Rebels’ all-time leading rusher this season. The Rebels’ will play their football at the recently finished Las Vegas Stadium, paid for in part by Las Vegas Sands Corp., capable of seating 71,000, a major upgrade from its previous 36,000-seat Sam Boyd Stadium.

“I like our team,” Hauck said. “We have a lot of good things going on. We’ve been working hard and building this team. I think we’re going to have a highly competitive football team from a year ago. We didn’t win enough but we were always knocking on the door. I think this year it’s time to kick that door in.”

Last edited by beast10; 08-01-2016 at 01:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »