Home

A Football Universe (NCAA 14 and Madden 25)

This is a discussion on A Football Universe (NCAA 14 and Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

OVR: 0
A Football Universe (NCAA 14 and Madden 25)

Hello everyone! So things are going to get a bit crazy on this thread. I've started a few threads before with dynasties and honestly just got bored with them because they felt stagnant. So here's the plan for this. I'm going to create a coach for NCAA 14 and Madden 25 and then export draft classes to Madden 25. You can follow players from their freshman year all the way through the professional level. This is going to be crazy for me because the NCAA dynasty will have to be a full year ahead. There might not be big write-ups for every game, but I will try to keep up to date with players of the week, awards, etc. If there is something that I am missing from updates please let me know. It will take this a little while to get started because NCAA 14 needs to get started before Madden does.

Here's how the NCAA 14 works. I am going to sim the ENTIRE first year as either an OC or DC for a 6* school (I'm thinking like Ohio State or Alabama). There will be updates as Madden goes through its first year as well (Top 25 games, Players of the Week, Heisman Watch, etc.). Once the offseason hits, I will take a job at a school that offers me a job. That way I am not just kicking a HC out of a job. There is yet ANOTHER twist to the dynasty. It will be set up in a relegation style similar to football/soccer in Europe. Teams will be relegated and promoted based on performance each season. Also, once I play through games they will be done through coach mode. I enjoy being able to see how my prospects do without me taking control of them. I will add a link to the sliders once I figure out which I am going to do.

Here are the setups for the conferences:
Spoiler

The Madden CFM will be a bit easier because I can just get into it. I haven't decided on a team yet but will soon. I'm thinking about starting with either the Jaguars, Buccaneers, Raiders, or Steelers. All of those teams are rebuilds except the Steelers. I find them a bit of a challenge because they have an older roster. If you have an suggestions on the team to select let me know and give a reason why. Similar to the NCAA Dynasty I would like to try and use Coach Mode sliders if possible but would be ok with Simulation style sliders. I will post them once I find one I like. I am going to try and get this started ASAP. Wish me luck! It's going to be fun and crazy.

EDIT: So I think I have settled on sliders to use for both CFM and Dynasty. For Dynasty, I will be using zocrates As real as it gets CPU vs. CPU sliders. I was trying to find a set of sliders for coach mode but have found enjoyment from watching the team play outside of my control. Sure the playcalls are not always the best, but it will be the best way for a hands off progression to the team. There will be recruiting rules that will be addressed after I take my first HC job for season 2. For CFM, I will use Charter04's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders. I've tried GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders but not only found it too easy to complete passes, but the AI was throwing games with only 1 or 2 incompletions. It would have made my defense look like swiss cheese.

Last edited by DARKxKNIGHTx2013; 07-24-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

Re: A Football Universe (NCAA 14 and Madden 25)

2013 Season:
Randy Nelson (NCAA): 1-0 Oregon Ducks (DC)
Joe Caldwell (NFL): 0-0 Oakland Raiders

Last edited by DARKxKNIGHTx2013; 07-24-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

Randy Nelson (NCAA)
Career Record: 0-0
Career vs. Top 25: 0-0
Bowl Record: 0-0
Conference Championships:0
Promotions (Team Moves Up a Conference):0
Relegations: 0
All-Americans: 0
All-Conference Players: 0
Heisman Winners: 0
Coach of the Year: 0
NFL Draft Picks: 0

Joe Caldwell (NFL)
Career Record: 0-0
Postseason Record: 0-0
Pro Bowlers: 0
Coach of the Year: 0

Last edited by DARKxKNIGHTx2013; 07-23-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

August 28, 2013

The NCAA 2013-14 season gets underway this week. There is a new set up for conferences that will definitely make some interesting matchups throughout the year. So much for talk about the College Football Playoffs. The top tier conferences get automatic bids to any bowl game while the American and MAC conference champions will battle it out in the Sugar Bowl and the MWC and Big Ten conference champions will compete in the Fiesta Bowl.

Below are the Preseason Top 25:
Spoiler

Here is a look at the current Heisman Watch:
QB Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M, So)
QB AJ McCarron (Alabama, Sr)
QB Braxton Miller (Ohio State, Jr)
QB Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville, Jr)
QB Marcus Mariota (Oregon, So)

Here is a look at the Preseason All-Americans (both teams):
Spoiler

There is only one Top 25 matchup for Week 1. Surprisingly, it is not the Game of the Week. That honor goes to Auburn vs. #10 Florida. However, the other game to keep an eye on out of the Top 25 is #1 Alabama vs. #5 Georgia.

The Oakland Raiders are under control of a new head coach as they look to find a winning season after several failed attempts. The preseason was not kind to them as there are a plethora of players that have either found their way onto the injury report or even the Injury Reserved list. One of the players that will miss the teams first few games of the season is star halfback Darren McFadden. He was injured during the last game of the preseason.

Stay tuned for more details about both seasons. The NCAA season is being simmed and hopefully will be done in a few days with articles so that the Madden season can get underway. I would release Week 1 NCAA and the conclusion of NFL Preseason, but I want to make a draft board for the NFL so you guys can know who to follow and will see if any of the college players are going to pop up in the news for the NCAA. I've already gotten two weeks of articles done for the NCAA and cannot wait to get them up!

Last edited by DARKxKNIGHTx2013; 07-23-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #5
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #6
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

Let me know what you guys think of this layout. Since my coach is not in control of a team I will not be posting any team specific stuff in the NCAA but will be following a similar format for the Madden CFM portion of this thread. Any and all feedback is welcome as long as it is constructive! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!
Old 07-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #7
Rookie

DynasticJumper's Arena

Love it. It's clean and very easy to read through, yet still appealing. And with the precise of your dynasty, I think it is great. Following for sure.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

DARKxKNIGHTx2013's Arena

I'm working on getting through the NCAA season. I have articles written for weeks 1 through 7. I'm thinking of having an update on conferences on some point but that might make the "papers" really long. I'm trying to limit these to two pages when I create them on Word. If I do conference updates then they will definitely be longer than 2 pages. As of right now I'm trying to get through the season so I can get both Madden and NCAA going at the same time. Sorry for the delay! As soon as I can get a Draft Board put together I'll post it up here and get Madden started.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »