Home

The New Era - NCAA 14 Dynasty (PS3)

This is a discussion on The New Era - NCAA 14 Dynasty (PS3) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The New Era - NCAA 14 Dynasty (PS3)

The New Era

Overview
I have attempted two previous dynasties, both with my hometown Huskers, but I could never get attached to them. I would always find it too easy on myself for recruiting and game playing purposes. So I will start fresh with a lower level prestige team. I am looking to take a 1 or 2 star prestige and turn them into a Natty contender year after year. Updates will be spread out about a week between given school starts soon. I hope everyone enjoys this and follows along.

Team Selection
My team will be selected from a pool of 1-2 star prestiges in the Non Power 5 conferences. Each team will be assigned a number and then I will use random.org to select my team.

My team is: New Mexico State Aggies

Conference Realignment
I have always wanted to see Houston, Notre Dame, BYU, etc. make that jump to the big time conferences. Conferences will be updated to the 2016-17 season. Following every year, I will make changes that I see fit and will announce those. Otherwise, Year One will be realistic.

Schedules/Playoff
I do NOT have the editor so I cannot update the schedules to this current season. The schedules used will be from the 2013-14 season. Also, I will be sticking to the normal BCS bowls.

Schedule Rules
Since NMSU is an independent, I have full control of their schedule. Here are some base rules, I will add them as the dynasty goes on.
- All real life rivalries MUST be played with home site switching every year.
- Notre Dame, while they're independents, must be played every year.
- I cannot schedule preseason top 10 opponents until I am ranked in the top 25.*
*Rivalries and Notre Dame are the exception
- First year must be C in Strength.
- If I achieve a winning season, strength increases one half letter grade (C to C+).
- If I achieve a losing season, strength decreases one half letter grade (C to C-).
- Winning a bowl game results in neutral site being unlocked.

Rosters
I will be using the rosters provided by vikesfan059 when they release V1. This dynasty won't begin until they have given out their official week one roster.

Sliders
My own custom set mixed in with suggestions from the forums on Operation Sports. If you want to see them, DM me.

Settings
I must play all games that my team is involved in. No exceptions. I will be playing 6 minute quarters on All-American. Changes will be made if need be.

Recruitment Rules
- I must allow all transfers out and accept all transfers in (as long as transfers in don't exceed roster limit)
- I cannot exceed 70 player roster limit through recruiting. Once I hit 70 players, I am no longer allowed to recruit any new players
- I must attempt to maintain home state and at least 2 neighboring states as pipeline states
- I am allowed to recruit any player higher than my limitations if they have my school as #1 before adding them to my list
- I can only offer scholarships if the player has my school as #1 on their list of schools.
- No scouting until after player has signed. Therefore, no recruiting can be done during preseason
- For 1, 2, and 3* schools, I can only sign recruits 2* higher than my school ranking equal to the number of wins in the previous season. Example, if I am at a 1* school and last season finished 5-7, I can only sign 5 3* recruits.
- Exclusions to recruiting rules only apply when recruit has my school as #1 choice (any ranking), Top 3 (2* higher than school prestige), and Top 8 (1* higher than school prestige)
- I cannot offer scholarships to players of non-need until players of need have all been signed (if I have 3 CBs and 3 QBs on the roster, I must sign 2 more CBs before I can offer any QB a scholarship).

Rules vary based on prestige of school (see below)
1* - Can recruit 1* anywhere, 2* in neighboring states, and 3* in home state
2* - Can recruit 2* anywhere, 3* in neighboring states, and 4* in home state
3* - Can recruit 3* anywhere, 4* in neighboring states, and 5* in home state
4* - Can recruit 4* anywhere, 5* in neighboring and home states
5* - Can recruit 5* anywhere (while maintaining pipelines)
6* - Same as 5*

(Credit to Knickerbocker)

Updates
I will be giving out game recaps that include the box score and a typed out summary. Stats can be found in a reserved post below. Around the NCAA updates will be given every week. Only notable recruits will receive their own article. Following the season, I will give out season recaps, NCAA recaps, and the recruitment class.

Graphics
They won't be the best on here, plan and simple. However, I will attempt to create nice visual aids that attract the readers.

Suspensions/Injuries
If re-injury risk is high, the player cannot be subbed back in. Otherwise it is my judgement if the player can play again. I will use random.org to randomize suspensions and injuries that did not actually occur on the game. Just to give it more of an authentic touch.

Joining A Conference
NMSU will start out as an independent school. I will make the jump to a Group of 5 conference when I meet the listed requirements below.

Low Level
I will choose between the Sun Belt or Conference USA, whichever I see as a better fit. 2015-16 is the earliest I can receive a conference invite to a Low Level. To join the conference, ALL of these requirements must be met:
1. Reach 2* Prestige
2. Consecutive winning seasons. (One season must be 8 wins)
3. Two straight bowl appearances.
4. Consecutive Top 25 finishes in at least 2/3 polls. (BCS, Coaches, Media).

Mid Level
Following that, I will choose the Mountain West conference. 2017-18 is the earliest I can receive an invite to the Mountain West conference. To receive a spot in the MWC I must meet ALL requirements below. Once I reach Low Level, I start over in terms of requirements.
1. Reach 4* Prestige
2. Consecutive eight or higher win seasons.
3. Consecutive bowl appearances. (One must be BCS bid)
4. Consecutive Top 20 ranking in all polls.
5. One conference championship game appearance.

Power Five
Finally, I must decide on the Pac 12 or Big 12 for my Power Five conference. Things could change and the MWC could replace the Big 12 conference, but I will provide updates. To receive an invite to a Power Five school, I must meet ALL requirements.
1. Reach 6* Prestige.
2. Consecutive ten or higher win seasons.
3. Consecutive BCS Bowl bids.
4. Top 15 finish in all three polls one year; Top 10 finish in all three polls another year.
5. Two conference championship appearances and at least one conference title.

Last edited by huskerfan01; 08-18-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The New Era - NCAA 14 Dynasty (PS3)

Statistics

Season Stats

Game by Game Stats
Spoiler

Last edited by huskerfan01; 08-10-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Record Book

School Record Book
Spoiler

NCAA Record Book
Spoiler

Last edited by huskerfan01; 08-10-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Yearly Recaps

Team Recaps
Spoiler

NCAA Recaps
Spoiler

Last edited by huskerfan01; 08-16-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Recruitment

Current Board

Best All-Time Commits

High School -> Pro

Previous Years Recruitment Classes

CAR

You may now post

Last edited by huskerfan01; 08-23-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
Pro

excited to see which team you pick!
Old 08-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Walker Steps Away From Aggies

------------------------------------------------

LAS CRUCES, N.M. - The New Mexico State Athletic Department has sent out an official statement on head football coach DeWayne Walker. Coach Walker will be stepping down to take on a positional coaching job for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Since 2009, Coach Walker compiled a horrible 10-40 record. An Aggie team under Coach Walker never reached a four win season. The Aggie AD was presumed to fire Walker in this offseason regardless.

Questions will be arising over the next few days for who will fill this vacancy. The isn't the most ideal job in the country, so the Aggies will be looking local for a head coach. Stay tuned for the most up to date information regarding the New Mexico State football team.

Last edited by huskerfan01; 08-15-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Aggies Hire Local Coach

---------------------------------

LAS CRUCES, N.M. - Local high school coach Heath Ridenour has been hired to head the New Mexico State Aggies. This hiring comes just days following former coach DeWayne Walker's leave. Coach Ridenour will be the programs 34th overall head coach. Coach Ridenour has been in the coaching ranks since 2003 following a stint in the Arena Football League. Heath was the head coach at Cleveland H.S. since 2012. Ridenour had this to say about the hiring:

Quote:
I am very pleased to have the opportunity to coach at NMSU. I was born and raised in New Mexico so I love the chance to represent our state. We will be in a rebuilding phase to begin my tenure, but my staff will be turning this program around. Go Lobos.
This upcoming year looks to be a rebuilding year as Ridenour will implant a Spread option offense. Coach Ridenour is likely to keep the current coaching staff with no changes. The defense will be playing in a 4-3-4 set. The Aggies are officially in rebuilding mode. Stay tuned for more in-depth coverage on the New Mexico State football team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »