Home

Tearz49ers presents: The Gold Rush Returns (Madden NFL '17)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers presents: The Gold Rush Returns (Madden NFL '17) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers presents: The Gold Rush Returns (Madden NFL '17)

NaVarro Bowman The 49ers' couching carousel continues to turn at an alarming rate, the once-dominant franchise that has won five Super Bowls now appears to have lost their way. San Francisco will going into the new season with its third new head coach in three years since the "firing" of Jim Harbaugh. The 49ers will now be under the watchful eye of Chip Kelly, who brings his warp speed offense to the 49ers after being fired by the Eagles.

The 49ers have lost a wealth of talent over the last few years a list that includes, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Frank Gore, Mike Iupati, Aldon Smith and Vernon Davis, many of these were key contributors to the 49ers more recent successes. Since the 49ers three straight trips to the NFC title game under Jim Harbaugh there hasn't been much to cheer about as a 49ers fan and it looks as though there are no signs that this is going to be a quick fix with new head coach Chip Kelly. Despite having a wealth of salary cap space going into this past off-season the biggest signing the 49ers made was ex-Jacksonville guard Zane Beadles.

Previewing the 49ers Offense in 2016:

Chip Kelly is known for his fat, cutting-edge attack, but he faces a massive challenge getting the 49ers offense up to speed. Last season the 49ers averaged an NFL worst 14.9 points per game, they also ranked 31st in total offense that combined with a 29th ranked passing attack and tje NFL's 21st ranked rushing offense.

If you look back at the 49ers Super Bowls winning teams they had Hal of Fame quarterbacks Joe Montana and Steve Young under center where as Chip Kelly will have to make do with Blaine Gabbert and a returning Colin Kaepernick, who lost his starting job after eight games last season. Kapernick has spent the vast majority of the off-season recovering from a shoulder injury, oh and a trade away from the 49ers that never materialised. The ironic thing for the 49ers going into camp and preseason that at this time is Blaine Gabbert's job to lose after he passed for 2,031 yards and 10 touchdowns last year, this coming from a quarterback who nearly played his way out of the league in Jacksonville.

San Francisco's wide receiver and tight end corps won't scare any opposing defensive coordinators. Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin who is now a free agent tied for the team lead in touchdown receptions last season with a whooping four. Smith the most senior returning receiver had 33 receptions last season for 663 yards, and no other receiver on the 49ers roster currently had more than 30 catches and with that Baalke only took one receiver in this years draft, Aaron Burbridge in the sixth round.

The Chip Kelly offensive scheme relies heavily on the run game, and he should have a healthy Carlos Hyde to carry the load this season. Hyde missed nine game last season with a foot injury, he has averaged 4.1 yards per carry over his first two seasons in the NFL. The question is will the 49ers offensive line open enough holes. Left tackle Joe Staley is still one of the leagues top offensive lineman, but his supporting cast isn't exactly title winning quality, even with the return of Anthony Davis.

Athlon SportsPreviewing the 49ers Defense in 2016:

Just three years ago the 49ers were one of the NFL’s elite defense's. Last year they ranked 29th in total defense, they were 29th against the rush and 27th against the pass, they were also 18th in points allowed. New defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil, who spent the past two seasons in the same role with Cleveland, faces a huge challenge. O’Neil will direct a young defense that had only one Pro Bowl player last season, inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman. He’ll also have to adjust to likely having his group on the field longer than any other defense in the NFL. Kelly’s offense in Philadelphia ranked last in time of possession over the past three seasons.

NaVorro Bowman came back last season after missing a year while recovering from reconstructive knee surgery and led the NFL with 154 tackles. He’s the leader on a young defense that needs to grow up in a hurry. Outside linebacker Aaron Lynch showed signs of becoming a dominant player in his second season; he had 6.5 sacks, tying for the team lead with outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks.

Free safety Eric Reid, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie three years ago, anchors an inexperienced but promising secondary that is loaded with talented safeties. The 49ers used a first-round pick on Reid in 2013, a first-round choice on safety Jimmie Ward in 2014 and a second-round pick on safety Jaquiski Tartt in 2015. Starting strong safety Antoine Bethea missed the final nine games last season with a torn pectoral muscle and could have competition for his job going into this season. Starting cornerback Tramaine Brock bounced-back last season after an injury-plagued 2014. After missing his entire rookie season with a foot injury, cornerback Kenneth Acker started 13 games in 2015. He should get competition from Keith Reaser and Dontae Johnson, among others, for the starting job.

The 49ers are rebuilding what was once a dominant defensive line. One year after drafting Oregon defensive end Arik Armstead with the 17th overall pick, Baalke used the No. 7 choice on DeForest Buckner, another former Ducks defensive end and team mate of Arik Armstead. They should eventually wind up as bookends on the line in San Francisco’s 3-4 defense. Veterans Quinton Dial, Glenn Dorsey and Tony Jerod-Eddie, among others, will provide competition on a line that will need to take full advantage of its depth to keep from wearing down. Nose tackle Ian Williams played all 16 games last year but had surgery on his left leg during the off-season, putting his availability for the start of this season in doubt. Mike Purcell could fill that gap early.

Final Analysis

The 49ers have their third head coach in three years and did little in the off-season to upgrade the talent they already had on a roster that went 5-11 in 2015. It has only been four seasons since the 49ers made their last Super Bowl appearance in a loss to the Baltimore Ravens but it terms of the talent lost, and troubles it has seemed like an eternity for most of the Niner nation. If the 49ers finish .500 this season then Chip Kelly may get some votes for coach of the year.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #10

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

You know I am still on board for sure my friend.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 09-13-2016, 09:51 PM   #11
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

I'm definitely in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 10:54 PM   #12
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Same here, definitely still following!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:41 AM   #13
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 09-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #14
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 09-14-2016, 08:01 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Following for sure man, i loved reading your stuff in the MM days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 08:04 AM   #16
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
You know I am still on board for sure my friend.
As always I am glad to have you along for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderAid89
I'm definitely in
Thank you, hope you enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
Same here, definitely still following!
I had too do it after you did it, I just couldn't watch certain players on the wrong teams, glad to have you along again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
Following for sure man, i loved reading your stuff in the MM days.
Ahh, maddenmania those were the days hey! I really miss some of the guys who reported on a regular basis over there, glad to have a familiar race reading along.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »