Home

Tearz49ers presents: The Gold Rush Returns (Madden NFL '17)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers presents: The Gold Rush Returns (Madden NFL '17) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #49
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers presents: The Gold Rush Returns (Madden NFL '17)

MCDONALD OUT, KAEPERNICK TO START AGAINST THE COWBOYS

SANTA CLARA, CA. -- The San Francisco 49ers have made two roster changes this week going into Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Tight End, Vance McDonald sustained a back injury in the first half of last weekend's 23-17 loss to the Seattle Seahawks and did not return to the game, today it was announced by 49ers head coach Chip Kelly that McDonald will miss close to five weeks of football.

"Vance, sadly has ruptured a disk in his back," Kelly said. "He could miss five to six weeks of football. We will be looking to both Garrett (Garrett) and Blake (Blake Bell) to step up in his absence."

So far in 2016, McDonald has seven receptions for 40 yards with no touchdowns.

The 49ers also announced today a switch at the quarterback position, which was pretty much inevitable after the benching of Blaine Gabbert last weekend.

The 49ers will now be going with their former starting quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

"I'm excited," Kaepernick said after practice today. "In this life you don't get many chances, it's now up to me to take the bull by the horns and be the player I know I can be."

So far in 2016, Gabbert has passed for just two touchdown but has six interceptions and has also fumbled the ball twice through the first three games of the season, the 49ers are also 0-3 heading into the game against Dallas this Sunday.

"The time is right," Kelly said. "We have nothing to lose now. Colin is looking healthy again, he looked good coming into the game last week and the guys already trust him, so its not like were starting all over again."

In two showings this season, Kaepernick has passed for 146 yards, one touchdown and one interception, he has a completion rate of just 42%.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #50
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

WEEK FOUR

Matchup Preview *|* October 2, 2016
@
Dallas Cowboys
(2-1)
San Francisco 49ers
(0-3)
Offensive Stats Comparison
1152 (#10th)Total Offensive Yards873 (#28th)
851 (#7th)Passing Yards610 (#26th)
301 (#24th)Rushing Yards263 (#28th)
25.3 (#13th)Points Per Game17.3 (#26th)
Defensive Stats Comparison
1165 (#26th)Total Yards Allowed1386 (#32nd)
849 (#29th)Passing Yards Allowed801 (#22nd)
319 (#10th)Rushing Yards Allowed585 (#32nd)
89 (#30th)Points Allowed84 (27th)
Injury Report
QB Kellen Moore (Broken Fibula)
Season
QB Thad Lewis (Complete ACL Tear)
Season
QB Tony Romo (Upper Arm Fracture)
Six Weeks
DT Ian Williams (Broken Ankle)
Season
OLB Sean Lee (Broken Thumb)
Three Weeks
WR Bruce Ellington (Groin Tear)
Season
HB Darren McFadden (Dislocated Ankle)
One Week
CB Will Redmond (Torn Rotator Cuff)
Season

TE Vance McDonald (Ruptured Disk)
Five Weeks

OLB Ahmad Brooks (Abdominal Tear)
One Week

Old 10-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #51
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

Good luck against the cowboys. Selfishly I hope they at least make it interesting, because they are my team. Good luck with kaep making the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #52
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Excited to see what Kap can do, good luck bro
Old 10-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #53
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

2016 SEASON PREVIEW.....2016 ROSTER.....2015 SCHEDULE.....

WEEK FOUR

DALLAS COWBOYS (2-1)
AT.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (0-3)

Colin Kaepernick looked like the Kaepernick of old in todays win over Dallas

Kaepernick passes for two touchdowns| Carlos Hyde's first touchdown of the season also | San Francisco's defense holds off the Cowboys offense to zero points

SANTA CLARA, San Francisco -- The San Francisco 49ers went with their alternate "color rush" uni's to match their new starting quarterback in Colin Kaepernick in the hopes that a fresh new start would kickstart their 2016 campaign, it worked as the 49ers ran out 45-12 winners over their rivals the Cowboys.

What a difference a week in the NFL can make, just last Sunday the 49ers moved to 0-3 as they were crushed by the Seattle Seahawks, however today the 49ers were the ones doing the crushing as their defense held the Cowboys to zero touchdowns in the game, all of the Cowboys points came from the kicking of Dan Bailey.

"Thats the real us," 49ers captian Navorro Bowman told reporters after the game. "We knew were not the worst defense in the NFL, things just needed to click and today they did. I'm proud of my guys and what we did today."

HB Carlos Hyde recorded his first rushing touchdown of the season against Dallas today
Bowman was just one tackle short (8) of safety Eric Ried (9) in leading the 49ers defense, but the sixth year linebacker out of Penn State did combine with Tank Carrdaine and rookie DeForrest Buckner to register a three way sack on Cowboys rookie quarterback Dak Prescott.

The 49ers offense looked re-energised too with Colin Kaepernick back under center, the former Nevada man got off to a fast start completing six of his first seven passes for 65 yards on the 49ers opening drive, a drive which was completed by the first rushing touchdown on the year by Carlos Hyde. Kaepernick would go on to finish the game 25-of-31 for 263 yards and two touchdowns without mistake, he was however sacked three times.

Carlos Hyde looked like a completely differant tailback in todays game also, the third year running back had his first 100 yard rushing game and registered his first toucdown of the season. Hyde would end up rushing for 115 yards on 25 carries with two rushing touchdowns of 29 yards and 8 yards.

"We were moving the ball well today," 49ers coach Chip Kelly said. "We were getting good gains on first and second down and not leaving ourselves to much gap to gain on third, something we had been doing on pretty much ever offensive possession up until today's game."

The 49ers managed a season high 402 yards on offense.

With Tony Romo out for another six weeks the Cowboys have looked to fourth round pick Dak Prescott to lead their offense so far in 2016, up until todays game the former Missipppi State quarterback hasn't failed to disappoint leading the Cowboys offense to the NFL's 7th ranked passing attack and 12th ranked in points per game (25.3), today though against a 49ers defense that looked more like the defense of old the rookie showed his first signs of struggle in the NFL.

Prescott, was 17-of-35 for 181 yards and no touchdowns; it is the first time this season he has failed to pass for a touchdown. The Cowboys offense wasn't helped by the fact Ezekiel Elliot wasn't allowed to break into open space, the 49ers defense held the first round pick to just 42 yards on an average of 2.1 yards per carry.

In a game of a lot of firsts for the 49ers this season we saw Cordarelle Patterson a recent pickup in a trade from Minnesota recorded his first career touchdown reception with the 49ers, along with that he also rushed for a 14 yard touchdown when Chip Kelly opened up his playbook and went with a cute trick play.

"Every game in the league comes down to one or two plays that change the outcome of the game," Patterson said. "I hope these two plays are just the start of an established career here in San Fran."

In just four short days the 49ers host the Arizona Cardinals (0-4) on "Thursday Nigh Football". The Cardinals are yet to win a game so far in 2016 after back-to-back losses to New England (34-14), Tampa Bay (20-17), Buffalo (44-14) and St Louis (34-10). The Cardinals will also be without starting quarterback Carson Palmer for the game at Levi Stadium.

Photo Gallery

Torrey Smith pulls in his second touchdown catch on the year

Rookie Ronald Blair II makes a big play on third down

Cordarelle Patterson celebrates his first touchdown as a Niner

Last edited by Tearz49ers; 10-03-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:27 PM   #54
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Old 10-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #55
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

THE "WEIGHT" IS OVER, AARON LYNCH RETURNS THIS WEEK

SANTA CLARA, CA. -- Suspended for the first four games of the season, San Francisco 49ers outside linebacker Aaron Lynch arrived to training camp a bit slow and carrying some extra weight.

As it turned out, it was around 30lbs of extra weight gain was the result of sympathy eating he did during his wife's pregnancy.

"My wife got pregnant so I was eating a lot," Lynch said. "I wasn’t careful with my diet, I was eating whatever and then out of nowhere my weight went up and I felt it on the field so I had to get it down."

According to Lynch, his weight ballooned close to around 300lbs while he awaited the end of his suspension but he also knew he would have the right amount of time to shed the weight before this Thursday's game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Now that Lynch's suspension is over and Lynch is back with the team looking more like his old self in terms of his playing weight.

It is pretty clear that the 49ers will play Lynch against the Cardinals on Thursday night what with the defense ranked amoungst the NFL worsts so far through the first four games of the season.

Having Lynch back is a major gain for Chip Kelly; Lynch tied with Ahmad Brooks for the team lead in sacks over the past two seasons with 12.5. He should help a sagging pass rush, and a #31st ranked rush defense.

"I’m excited," Lynch said. "The waiting for any football player that loves to play football and can’t play for the first four weeks, so I’m just ready to go out there and do what I can for the team."

Lynch became the father to a baby boy last week and said he has a different perspective on things now. At the beginning of training camp, Lynch said he failed the substance abuse test because it was diluted.

Assuming Lynch is able to return this week, the Niners will likely work him back in slowly but he's earned positive reviews for the work he's put in over the past month.

“Obviously, he’s a very talented player," Kelly said. "I think the ability to set the edge and to rush the passer from the outside and that’s something that I think we’ll need as we continue to move forward here. So, I think those are the two things we’re really looking forward to."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #56
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

WEEK FIVE

Matchup Preview *|* October 6, 2016
@
Arizona Cardinals
(0-4, Away)
San Francisco 49ers
(1-3, Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
898 (#27th)Total Offensive Yards863 (#24th)
898 (#20th)Passing Yards863 (#23rd)
292 (#31st)Rushing Yards412 (#20th)
13.8 (#32nd)Points Per Game21.8 (#19th)
Defensive Stats Comparison
1612 (#29th)Total Yards Allowed1602 (#28th)
948 (#16th)Passing Yards Allowed975 (#17th)
664 (#32nd)Rushing Yards Allowed627 (#31st)
132 (#31st)Points Allowed96 (#16th)
Injury Report
CB Mike Jenkins (Complete ACL Tear)
Season
QB Thad Lewis (Complete ACL Tear)
Season
QB Carson Palmer (Ruptured Disk)
Two Weeks
DT Ian Williams (Broken Ankle)
Season

WR Bruce Ellington (Groin Tear)
Season