Home

Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14)

This is a discussion on Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #41
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Wolverines vs. The World || A Michigan Wolverines Dynasty (NCAA14)

Matchup Preview | October 10, 2015
@
Minnesota Golden Gophers
(2-2, Away)
#14 Michigan Wolverines
(4-0, Home)
Season Leaders
M. Leidner - 15-37, 287 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INTPassingJ. Rudock – 66-99, 660 YDS, 8 TD, 5 INT
S. Brooks - 79 CAR, 245 YDS, 3 TDRushingD. Smith – 65 CAR, 303 YDS, 2 TD
B. Lingen - 11 REC, 225 YDS, 2 TDReceivingJ. Butt – 16 REC, 285 YDS, 2 TD
Head Coaching Comparison
Tracy ClaeysHead CoachTy Johns
4Years with Team0
(6-5)Head Coach Record(4-0)
Injury Report

Roster Matchup
Minnesota Golden Gophersvs.Michigan Wolverines
POSName (Yr) - RatingPOSName (Yr) - Rating
QBMitch Leidner (rs-jr) - 80QBJake Rudock (rs-sr) - 84
HBShannon Brooks (fr) - 66HBDe'Veon Smith (jr) - 85
FBMiles Thomas (sr) - 80FBSione Houma (rs-sr) - 85
WRK.J. Maye (sr) - 84WRJehu Chesson (rs-jr) - 90
WRDrew Wolitarsky (jr) - 77WRAmara Darboh (rs-jr) - 86
TEBrandon Lingen (so) - 82TEJake Butt (jr) - 96
LTBen Lauer (rs-sr) - 82LTMason Cole (so) - 84
LGJoe Bjorklund (rs-sr) - 80 LGBen Braden (rs-jr) - 82
CBrian Bobek (rs-sr) - 81CGraham Glasgow (rs-sr) - 87
RGConnor Mayes (so) - 77RGKyle Kalis (rs-jr) - 85
RTJosh Campion (rs-sr) - 87RTErik Magnuson (rs-jr) - 85
LETheiren Cockran (rs-sr) - 85LEWillie Henry (rs-jr) - 85
REHendrick Ekpe (jr) - 78REMario Ojemudia (sr) - 82
DTSteven Richardson Jr. (so) - 81DTChris Wormley (rs-jr) - 88
DTScott Ekpe (rs-jr) - 79DTRyan Glasgow (rs-jr) - 85
LOLBJack Lynn (rs-jr) - 83LOLBJames Ross (rs-sr) - 81
MLBCody Poock (rs-so) - 84MLBDesmond Morgan (sr) - 86
ROLBDe'Vondre Campbell (rs-sr) - 84ROLBJoe Bolden (sr) - 90
CBEric Murray (sr) - 89CBJourdan Lewis (jr) - 97
CBBriean Boddy-Calhoun (rs-sr) - 89CBChanning Stribling (jr) - 82
FSAntonio Johnson (sr) - 87FSJarrod Wilson (sr) - 82
SSDamarius Travis (sr) - 83SSJabrill Peppers (so) - 92
PKRyan Santoso (rs-so) - 85PKKenny Allen (rs-jr) - 88
PPeter Mortell (rs-sr) - 89PBlake O'Neill (rs-sr) - 86

Bye Week Blues: An Interview With Coach Johns

Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan has rolled to a 4-0 start under new head coach Tyler Johns with key wins over Arizona and Stanford. Only 27 years old, the head coach has put in work to silence his doubters. However, with conference play starting and with the games progressively getting tougher, it’s fair to say this Michigan team isn’t battle-tested in B1G play.

We sat down recently during the bye week for an interview on what’s been going on in his world:

“You’ve started off the season red-hot, beating two ranked teams handily with essentially the same team that went 5-7 last year. What have you done differently than your predecessors?”

“The team definitely needed a culture change, and I went to work on that as soon as I got here. I don’t mean to stroke my own ego, but I’ve done a good job getting these kids to play at their best and get the best play out of them than ever before. We don’t operate as players and a coach; We play as a team, a unit, and that’s why we win. There is no separation. We want players that play for the Team, the Team, the Team.”

“That’s a great Bo Schembechler quote there. Speaking of tradition, how have you been catching up on all the great traditions at the University of Michigan?”

“If I was a high school student, athlete or not, I want the best education for myself. I think that’s why I think Michigan is that great. The institution offers an amazing education, and a good football program to boot. My parents are huge Michigan fans who raised me Blue, so I have no shortage of knowledge about the team’s tradition.”

“Many fans love the way you run the show up here in Ann Arbor; However, there is also a ton of people who disagree with the tactics you use on the field. What kind of response do you have to that?”

“Well, I think they’re stuck on what’s been going on up here these past couple seasons. I’ve been watching Michigan ever since I could walk, and there were a lot of haters and supporters too for those guys then and now.”

“I can see where they’re coming from. My offense is a bit unorthodox, showing many different types of offenses week-by-week, but I assure you that’s just the way we prepare. We attack our opponent’s strengths and force them to beat us with them, unlike most who only look at a team’s weaknesses. We are getting better and better week by week, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.”

"Last question. This upcoming week you face a 2-2 Minnesota squad boasting a below-average offense paired with one of the best defensive units in the country. Is there anything of note in your gameplan compared to weeks past?"

"I'd say they are the best defense we'd have faced so far, and it's not even gameday! They have a ton of talent and I have a lot of respect for Coach Claeys. I've been hearing that their secondary is a "No-Fly Zone", so we're going to have to challenge them to live up to it. Their offense, with all due respect, is not that good. But that doesn't mean we should overlook that side of the ball. That's how college football works. Sleep, and you will get beat. I can guarantee you we'll give them our best shot."

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 01-04-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 12:42 AM   #42
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Throwin' Dubs
Michigan wins fifth straight, throttles Minnesota 27-14

Ann Arbor, MI - In the 102th rendition of the battle for the Little Brown Jug, Michigan left no doubt in an easy victory over the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 27-14. Although they did not force a turnover, get out-gained on offense, and let opposing QB Mitch Leidner (24-31, 185 Yds, 2 TD; 10 Rush, 95 Yds) have a great game, the Wolverines never surrendered a lead.

Despite the final score depicting otherwise, Michigan had trouble out of the gate. Jake Rudock was seemingly off at the beginning of the game, but their Top 20 rushing game kept the chains moving. A Kenny Allen 37-yarder would be the only score of the first quarter, as Minnesota kicker Ryan Santoso missed an early attempt of his own.

Michigan got their offense going shortly after the second quarter began as Jabrill Peppers had a 35-yard return to give them very good field position. A Brian Cole 12-yard touchdown gave them a comfortable 10-0 lead, and a sloppy mess ensued, as both sides could not find their mojo. Minnesota could not move the ball against the strong Michigan front seven, and a horrible Jake Rudock interception to Antonio Williams spelled opportunity for the Gophers. However, they went three-and-out, and the Wolverines took a commanding 17-0 lead at the half after a Kenny Allen 40-yard field goal.

Michigan continued their dominance in the second half as only two minutes in, they forced a Minnesota three-and-out. The next play would spell doom for the Golden Gophers. Peter Mortell absolutely drilled a punt, but Jabrill Peppers rose to the occasion and weaved his way through defenders for an all-out disrespectful 83-yard punt return touchdown.

"Jabrill's a special player, and there's nothing I can give him he can't do," said Michigan head coach Ty Johns. "Sure, he's had his ups and downs. But he's doing these amazing things as a freshman, and you can't ever go wrong with that."

Minnesota would lead a long, time-consuming drive thereafter, but they couldn't punch it in, going three-and-out in the Michigan goal line. Ryan Santoso once again inexplicably missed a 20-yarder as an unknown gust of wind blew it wide right. With little time to go in the third, Michigan would put the nail in the coffin as Amara Darboh caught a 6-yard goal line fade for a touchdown to put the Wolverines up 27-0.

The Golden Gophers were too little, too late in getting their offense going. Mitch Leidner went nuts, completing passes left and right while also getting huge gains on the ground.* A Drew Wolitarsky 14-yard touchdown would break the shutout, and Michigan went four-and-out in a dreary fashion, taking half the time in the quarter off. A Rod Smith 25-yard touchdown (in which he was wide open) would close the scoring, and Michigan rolled into victory formation to secure a 5-0 start.

*This was against a garbage-time defense, so this really shouldn't count

Next Week:
Next week, Michigan will stay at home (again) to face the #25 Maryland Terrapins, who had just lost to the perennial championship contenders in Florida State. Despite the offense being anemic, an elite Maryland defense could spell trouble for an unimpressive Michigan offensive attack.

Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines
Oct 15, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-2)0001414
#14 Michigan Wolverines (4-0)31014027
Team Stats Comparison
MINNMICH
Total Offense318314
Rushing Yards133133
Passing Yards185181
First Downs1717
Punt Return Yards0133
Kick Return Yards9946
Total Yards417493
Turnovers01
3rd Down Conversion3-127-13
4th Down Conversion1-11-2
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-02-2
Penalties01-10
Possession Time18:0717:53
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMINNMICH
0:41(MICH) K. Allen 37 Yd FG03
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMINNMICH
6:28(MICH) B. Cole 12 Yd pass from J. Rudock010
0:25(MICH) K. Allen 39 Yd FG013
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMINNMICH
7:13(MICH) J. Peppers returned punt 83 Yds020
1:37(MICH) A. Darboh 6 Yd pass from J. Rudock027
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMINNMICH
6:52(MINN) D. Wolitarsky 14 Yd pass from M. Leidner727
1:58(MINN) R. Smith 25 Yd pass from M. Leidner1427
Minnesota Golden Gophers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Leidner24-3118520
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
S. Brooks16231.40
M. Leidner10959.50
R. Smith6152.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Brooks8526.50
B. Lingen7415.80
E. Carter5408.00
D. Wolitarsky2178.51
M. Holland Jr.11010.00
R. Smith12525.01
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
J. Pirsig01
C. Mayes01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
D. Campbell70.000
C. Poock70.000
T. Cockran52.000
A. Ayinde50.000
A. Johnson40.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
R. Santoso0-22-220
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
P. Mortell519839.60
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Hardin48020.00
J. Myrick11919.00
Michigan Wolverines
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Rudock17-2718121
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Smith12675.50
D. Johnson9455.00
J. Rudock6-15-2.50
T. Isaac5306.00
S. Houma166.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Darboh4225.51
D. Smith33110.30
J. Chesson3289.30
M. Ways25125.50
J. Butt22814.00
D. Johnson188.00
B. Cole11212.01
S. Houma111.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
J. Butt20
G. Glasgow10
B. Braden10
K. Kalis11
E. Magnuson02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Clark100.000
J. Wilson80.000
C. Stribling60.000
J. Lewis50.000
W. Henry51.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
K. Allen2-23-3940
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. O'Neill29648.01
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Peppers12020.00
J. Chesson12222.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Peppers313344.31
******** type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/dok3v=73806ac11c/apps1.min.js">******** type="text/javascript">__CF.AJS.init1();

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 01-04-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:13 AM   #43
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Quick question for all you dynasty posters who have a capture card:

I'm looking into getting a capture card, but I'm painfully cheap. Do you guys have any suggestions (for PS3 if that matters)?

Old 12-14-2016, 02:45 PM   #44
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

I've used several (Dazzle, ElGato, Hauppauge) and I have to say the ElGato is the best one. For the PS3 you would need the ElGato HD and NOT the ElGato HD60, as the HD60 does not have the necessary port to connect with the PS3. The PS3 has to use the RGB component cables instead of HDMI because of the HDCP is hardwired on in the PS3 (the PS4 lets you turn it on and off), but the ElGato is roughly $125 (Amazon). The Hauppauge is ok but I never liked the interface for it, and right now Amazon has it for more than the ElGato.

The Dazzle is the cheapest and the most basic, but only takes the RWY composite cables (or S-Video) so your quality won't be higher than 480p.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #45
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

deleted post

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 12-20-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 09:35 PM   #46
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Ramblings: Coach Johns, Certified Savage

You knew it was coming.

The coach who has been no stranger to national coverage has been loved by Michigan fans and hated by many others, rubbing those in his way the wrong way with his youthful and sometimes off-putting comments.

Michigan has long been a traditional powerhouse, and the past seven years saw the dramatic fall of the Wolverines. Through the constant struggles of Rich Rodriguez and the quick rise and fall of Brady Hoke, a new coach rose from the ashes, right down the road in Kalamazoo.

Tyler Johns, the 27-year-old former Western Michigan head coach who led the Broncos to national prominence, took over the Michigan job after their horrendous 5-7 season. A Stanford graduate and former assistant under 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh, his winning ways have followed him wherever he went. Going 3-9 in his first season as Western’s head coach, he quickly turned them around to 10-3 in 2013 and eventually 11-2 last season.

So far, he has guided the Wolverines to a 5-0 record, two of those wins coming against superior Pac-12 competition in #22 Arizona and Stanford. Not only did they beat them, they smoked them - handily. And he did it with essentially the same 5-7 team Brady Hoke had last year. This led their poll vault all the way to #7 from a preseason un-ranking, right in striking distance of their rivals in Michigan State and Ohio State.

This has the look of a classic redemption story: A team who has been down recently rises from the ashes and becomes prominent again. However, that doesn’t mean everybody’s going to agree with his methods or love his personality.

He’s also a social media aficionado. Here are a few recent tweets from the coach himself, declaring an “us-against-the-world” on everyone:

In a recent interview with Alabama head coach Nick Saban, he was asked about the meteoric rise of Michigan and the possibility of them playing in a major bowl game or even a national championship:

“You guys need to pump the brakes a little on this talk. He [Johns] is a young man who I’m sure has done some great things with his program. But you have to remember that it’s his first year with a losing squad. He’s not championship-caliber yet. ”

His biggest rival, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was asked the same question, and he’s got some choice words for the young man:

“You think I care what that school up north does? No. The guy’s like a little kid out there. You see him doing all these ridiculous things on the sidelines and all over social media, and stuff like that. He hasn’t faced the big boys yet. We’ll see how he stacks up in November against a real team.”

Instead of going silent and letting his team do the talking, he fired shots back on Twitter- at both coaches:

However, there were a couple of coaches who applauded Coach Johns’ style:

“He goes too far a ton, but he’s the kind of coach college football needs. I’ve met him before back before he was at Michigan, and I think he’s got the “it” factor to become a great coach. He’s different, and different is good.”
~ Texas head coach Charlie Strong

“To do something like that at a young age, especially at a program like Michigan, you’ve got to appreciate the success he’s having. I hope he does well.” ~ LSU head coach Les Miles

Johns responded on Twitter once again, praising both coaches:

This recent turn of events has created a new persona for the 27-year-old head coach. No longer is he shown to be the level-headed, low-key kind of person. His social media presence and ability to retaliate with savagery at every turn cements his status as one of the more prominent figures in college football. His joyous mix of immaturity and philosophy will be fun to watch in weeks, months, and years to come.

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 01-04-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:34 AM   #47
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Ferocious Animal
Michigan rolls Maryland 34-12 behind Rudock's big day

Ann Arbor, MI - The Tyler Johns era in Michigan has only begun this year, but this year for the Wolverines already has a historic feeling. Faced with a feisty Maryland defense well-equipped for success, Jake Rudock torched them time and time again through the air to bring #7 Michigan to its first 6-0 start since the special 2011 season.

Despite throwing two interceptions, Jake Rudock had his best game of the season thus far. Throwing 43 passes, which is virtually unheard of in traditional Michigan offenses, Rudock only completed 24 passes. However, he finished with 303 yards, an average of 12.6 yards per completion. On the ground, he lost 13 yards on 9 carries and was sacked three times.

Maryland, as it has been all season, was troubled by a below-average offense, and Michigan feasted on incumbent starter Perry Hills 5 times. Hills had an efficient day completion-wise as he completed 17 out of 28 passes for 263 yards and a touchdown. His lone highlight was an absolute dime to D.J. Moore for an 81-yard touchdown. However, he threw three ill-advised picks, all in crucial moments of the game, and that led to the Terrapins' demise.

The Wolverines took control of the game early and never looked back. Even through Michigan didn't establish an explosive running game early, their passing game was on point. The deadly trio of Jake Butt, Jehu Chesson, and Amara Darboh all had great games, as Butt caught an easy touchdown pass late in the first quarter and Chesson catching two, including a spectacular goal-line fade in which he caught it one-handed.

Ty Isaac, who has been steadily receiving carries throughout this young season, got the start and rushed 17 times for 85 yards. De'Veon Smith continued his great year, rushing for 117 yards on only 11 carries and a TD. His longest run was a huge 63-yarder to end the game, a somewhat disrespectful and unsportsmanlike move for coach Tyler Johns.

"Their gameplan was to force us to make plays on the defensive side of the ball," said Terps head coach Mike Locksley. "We did not make enough plays on both sides, and they made us pay."

Chris Wormley was the unanimous defensive MVP for the game, as he continued his outstanding year. He finished with 3 tackles for a loss and two sacks, bringing his total to 10.0, which is first in the nation by a substantial margin. Maryland had to compensate for his dual-threat ability to be a run-stopper and pass-rusher, and with the secondary locking up their respective sides of the field, the Terps were held in check the entire game.

Michigan head into the bye week with their heads up high, sitting pretty at #7 and a comfortable, bowl-eligible 6-0. After the bye week comes a 5-2 Michigan State who has been playing rough lately. Losing to Indiana in a thriller, the Spartans will go back home after a long road trip to face the 2-3 Purdue Boilermakers.

Maryland Terrapins at Michigan Wolverines
Oct 22, 20151ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#25 Maryland Terrapins (4-2)033612
#7 Michigan Wolverines (5-0)141001034
Team Stats Comparison
MDMICH
Total Offense331499
Rushing Yards69196
Passing Yards262303
First Downs1325
Punt Return Yards2128
Kick Return Yards7181
Total Yards423608
Turnovers32
3rd Down Conversion5-158-17
4th Down Conversion0-22-2
2-Point Conversion0-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0-04-1
Penalties4-202-20
Possession Time15:4320:17
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGMDMICH
6:31(MICH) J. Chesson, 4 Yd pass from J. Rudock07
0:47(MICH) J. Butt, 3 Yd pass from J. Rudock014
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGMDMICH
6:39(MD) B. Craddock, 49 Yd FG314
0:27(MICH) J. Chesson, 14 Yd pass from J. Rudock321
0:00(MICH) K. Allen, 23 Yd FG324
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMDMICH
7:06(MD) B. Craddock, 49 Yd FG624
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMDMICH
8:17(MD) D. Moore, 81 Yd pass from P. Hills1224
7:37(MICH) D. Smith, 1 Yd run1231
5:10(MICH) K. Allen, 46 Yd FG1234
Maryland Terrapins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P. Hills17-2826313
C. Rowe2-3-100
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
P. Hills17331.90
B. Ross13382.90
W. Brown1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
B. Ross6416.80
M. Culmer46917.20
W. Brown3237.60
D. Moore29748.51
A. Edwards155.00
T. Johnson155.00
T. Jacobs11313.00
L. Jacobs III199.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
R. Doyle01
A. Zeller02
D. Prince01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Y. Ngakoue71.000
J. Ross70.010
A. Hendy70.000
J. Carter Jr.60.000
J. Ashiru50.000
A. Hill Jr.00.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
B. Craddock2-20-0250
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
N. Pritchard520440.81
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
W. Likely III24321.50
S. Cockerille11212.00
T. Jacobs11616.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
W. Likely III22110.50
Michigan Wolverines
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Rudock24-4330332
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Isaac17855.00
D. Smith1111710.61
J. Rudock9-13-1.40
S. Houma273.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Butt89111.31
J. Chesson77410.52
A. Darboh48020.00
D. Harris24221.00
D. Smith22010.00
T. Isaac1-4-4.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
K. Kalis21
J. Kerridge10
E. Magnuson11
M. Cole11
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Wilson80.010
C. Stribling61.000
J. Clark50.010
J. Bolden40.000
C. Wormley42.000
J. Lewis10.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
K. Allen2-24-41047
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. O'Neill521142.21
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Lewis18181.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Peppers3289.30

2015 Michigan Schedule/Results
Code:

Opponent (record)         Result      Record
---------------------------------------------------
@ Arizona (0-0)            W 21-14       1-0
v. Stanford (0-0)          W 48-31       2-0
v. San Jose State (1-1)    W 48-16       3-0
v. Northwestern (1-1)      W 24-12       4-0
v. Minnesota (2-2)         W 27-14       5-0
v. Maryland (4-2)          W 34-12       6-0
v. Michigan State
@ Purdue
@ Ohio State
@ Penn State
@ Rutgers
v. Indiana

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 12-24-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:35 AM   #48
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Testing a new format so I can get stuff done faster. What do you guys think of the new look?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »