Home

Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14)

This is a discussion on Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 11:19 AM   #385
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tearz49ers presents: In Pursuit of Perfection (NCAA Football '14)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #386
Rookie

War Daddy Rambo's Arena

I won't cut any players but I like your "JUCO prospect" idea for cutting them.
That makes sense... for now I'm still leaning towards just keeping the guys I sign and forcing myself to ride or die w/ them.

How do you get the pics from the other teams?

I always wondered this. assuming people are just going to play now and capturing them? would be some serious dedication going that route lol.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #387
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

You just go to the score/schedule and play that game to get whatever picture you want.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:04 AM   #388
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Daddy Rambo
I won't cut any players but I like your "JUCO prospect" idea for cutting them.
That makes sense... for now I'm still leaning towards just keeping the guys I sign and forcing myself to ride or die w/ them.

How do you get the pics from the other teams?

I always wondered this. assuming people are just going to play now and capturing them? would be some serious dedication going that route lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderAid89
You just go to the score/schedule and play that game to get whatever picture you want.
Thankfully I haven’t had to cut anyone from the roster yet as I have not signed a class that accounts for more than my leaving players which has been good.

I always keep a second saved dynasty file that is saved at the previous week, I play my game, sim the week in that file then choose the stories I want and go back into the other file to get the pics... I prefer doing it this way as the other teams rosters are all as they should be and I can pic the specific images of playeds I want then.

Thanks for checking in guys it has been a while but hoping to get this back on track.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #389
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Offensive Stats Comparison
35.7 (#13th)Points Per Game24.8 (#89th)
437.2 (#19th)Total Offense415.0 (#34th)
193.7 (#39th)Rush Offense185.8 (#54th)
243.5 (#28th)Pass Offense229.2(#38th)
Defensive Stats Comparison
302.2 (#8th)Total Defense355.4 (#46th)
99.0 (#1st)Rush Defense156.4 (#41st)
203.2 (#70th)Pass Defense199.0 (#63rd)
7 (#4th)Turnover Difference0 (#69th)
Injury Report

Starting Lineups/Key Players:

* Impact Player

Old 04-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #390
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

2018 SEASON PREVIEW.....2018 ROSTER.....2018 SCHEDULE.....
2018 RECRUITING BOARD.....

WEEK EIGHT

#4 KENTUCKY WILDCATS (6-0, 4-0)
AT.
#7 OHIO STATE BUCKEYES (4-1, 3-0)

[size=2]COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A Saturday afternoon trip into "The Horseshoe" proved a step to far for the #4 ranked Kentucky Wildcats, whose Cinderella unbeaten start to the 2018 college football season came to an end in front of a packed crowd, as junior quarterback Joe Burrow led his Buckeyes team to a 27-20 victory.

The Wildcats have pretty much had it their own way through their first six wins of the season but found out the hard way today what a proper defense should look like. The Buckeyes put up seven sacks on Brandon Dixon with junior defensive tackle Davon Hamilton proving to be a real thorn in the Wildcats side with three of those seven sacks, not only did the Buckeyes record those seven sacks but the defense forced three turnovers with linebacker Nick Conner on hand for a pick and two forced fumbles (one of which was recovered by Kentucky), the senior left with today's game ball.

You would be dumb if you didn't think that Buckeye's head coach Urban Meyer knew how important this game was, having watched his team be manhandled two weeks ago at the hands of the nations No. 1 team the Texas Longhorns.

You have to tell your kids to just bounce back,"Urban Meyer said after the game. "It was humiliating, 37-0! Tell me how many times an Ohio State football team hasn't scored a single point in a game... They did exactly what we asked them to do, we had that extra week to prepare and this was key. This Kentucky team isn't no easy game but the defense was perfect today and Joe (QB Joe Burrow) took back this offense in this game."

Burrow, an Ohio native was about as good as it gets today. The junior had a 75% completion rate, passing for 293-yards and a 56-yard touchdown bomb to tight end A.J. Alexander. Burrow also added 67-yards on 23 carries and scored the games first touchdown on a 8-yard touchdown scamper.

For his opposite number it wasn't quite the day we have come to expect from the sophomore under center for Kentucky. Brandon Dixon left the game no less than three times after tacking on a massive seven sacks, he was constantly forced to rush out of the pocket and was hit on at least half of his forty one passing attempts today. Dixon also accounted for all three of the Wildcat's turnovers throwing for two picks and a costly fumble in the endzone which took seven points off the board, seven points that would have taken this game to overtime.

"We will just chalk it up as one of those games," Dixon told ESPN's Allison Williams. "I am not going to sit here and put any blame on anyone else but myself but I am only human, you can't sit there and say we played well, or it just wasn't our day because we were just plain awful until the final four minutes of the game, you can't play that way against a team like Ohio State."

Dixon finished the game passing for 278-yards; His late touchdown pass to true freshman Jaylon Brown was one of a select few highlights the Kentucky offense made today.

The Wildcats (6-1, 4-0) will now look to bounce back next week when they return home to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-4, 2-3).

You only have to look at statistics like third down conversions to see why Kentucky lost today; On twelve third downs they only converted three of those for a season low 25% where as the Buckeyes were 10-for-16 (62%).

Kentucky had the nations No.1 ranked rush defense going into the game allowing below 100-yards a game on average, well that all went out of the window to today after giving up a season high 210-yards on the ground. Ohio State senior Mike Weber, Jr. rushed for 110-yards on 22 carries with DeMario McCall adding 23-yards and a touchdown on 4 carries.

Senior cornerback Chris Westry did his best to help Kentucky get back into the game late on with two forced fumbles, and his head coach took note of that.

"It's guys like Chris that you want on your team," Riley said after the game. "Whilst it would have been easy to quit today and some did out there, he didn't and he tried to give our offense the best chances to get back into this game, it is just a shame at the end of the day that they blew it, back to the drawing board and hard work."

With nine recruits on campus for next weeks game against Mississippi State this could prove the most important weekend in Lincoln Riley's first full recruiting class. The Wildcats can also get back to winning ways and on paper should do that, but the Bulldogs are not to be underestimated despite only having two wins on the season, those wins came against Georgia and LSU though!

Old 04-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #391

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Welcome back to the boards my friend. I must say, those lineup graphics look incredible, the headers in particular. The TV graphic looks amazing as well. Nice work brother.

Tough loss to THE Ohio St., but those are the games that keep us coming back!

Glad to see this thing still going.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 02:16 AM   #392
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Welcome back to the boards my friend. I must say, those lineup graphics look incredible, the headers in particular. The TV graphic looks amazing as well. Nice work brother.

Tough loss to THE Ohio St., but those are the games that keep us coming back!

Glad to see this thing still going.
Good to be back, life kicks you about sometimes! Have to admit, I stole the line-up idea from you but im sure you already know thaf 😂..

If I am being honest with myself, losing to Ohio State put the fun back into the game for me, it proved there is still building to be done with this team because before that it was a little to easy.

I am just waiting on the delivery of a new PS3 controller and I can get this thing back rolling with regular updates again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »