Home

Mavericks and Goose. The UT Arlington Dynasty.

This is a discussion on Mavericks and Goose. The UT Arlington Dynasty. within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:43 AM   #1
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

OVR: 0
Mavericks and Goose. The UT Arlington Dynasty.

What’s up OS?! My name is Cody and as a long time lurker and admirer of many dynasties on here, I have decided to create my own dynasty. I'm just going to jump right into it.

Team: UT Arlington Mavericks

The Mavericks last played in 1985 in the Southland conference. The university currently has all sports in the Sun Belt conference, which is where I intend to put UTA in hopes of winning the conference and working towards a national championship.

Stadium: Maverick Stadium (Southeast Large High School). Maybe if I become a 5* or 6* I will use the Dallas Cotton Bowl as the home stadium.

Capacity: 20,000 from renovations to the stadium to make it FBS quality. I know the high school stadiums are small, and don’t have video boards, but I’m just going to pretend UTA has one. I really tried to pick a stadium that represented Maverick Stadium to the best of its abilities.
I will be playing my dynasty as close to realism as I can. I will be realigning teams during the season they are supposed to (i.e. Rutgers and Maryland to B1G in 2014) and trying to recreate as close to real life as I can with this. The more like real life, the more immersed I hope you can get with my dynasty.

Team Overall/Offense/Defense: 57/59/57. This is to bring realism that this team was literally created from scratch with only a few years’ worth of recruiting. Much like a Georgia State, UAB, Charlotte, etc.

Coach Progression: Very Slow.

Team Replaced: Idaho. They are transitioning back to FCS and with NMSU possibly staying in FBS to go Independent, I took out Idaho. In the future I might schedule Boise State during non-conf, since they will be my only rival.

Offensive Style: Nebraska Power-I Option. I am a Nebraska Cornhusker until I die. I hold onto the glory days of the 90’s (only 90’s kids remember) and so I created a playbook that can hopefully replicate that.

Defensive Style: 4-3. Transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3 after the first season. On Teambuilder, I picked Air Force as the roster, so I’m going default defense for the first year and hopefully recruiting can help transition my defense in the next year.

Slider Set: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html

Recruiting: I will be using some of rules from PocketScout.
  • I will only replenish seniors who graduate +2.
  • No scouting until after they player has committed.
  • I will recruit any player that is interested in my school depending on my prestige. I will not recruit any 4* or 5* players unless my school becomes a 5* program.
1* - 4* Prestige = 1* - 3* recruits. I know being a Texas school, recruiting can become very easy. So I am limiting myself to recruits to:

• Dallas area during 1*
  • Dallas/Houston during 2*
  • Dallas/Houston/San Antonio during 3*

Along with that I am only allowed to recruit in states that are in the conference I play in. When I go to Sun Belt, I can only recruit in Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, New Mexico, and Oklahoma (since Oklahoma borders Texas). I will also use a distance based style of recruiting. Example: I won't recruit a player from western New Mexico since it is far away from NMSU and the Sun Belt as a whole (Unless the player is interested in UTA).

Anything in this dynasty is fictional. UT Arlington does not have an actual football team. This is for entertainment purposes only.

Please refrain from posting until I can get everything else posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »