Home

Too Big To Fail: An Interactive Texas Longhorns Dynasty (

This is a discussion on Too Big To Fail: An Interactive Texas Longhorns Dynasty ( within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Too Big To Fail: An Interactive Texas Longhorns Dynasty (

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderAid89
Although I hate TU with everything in me, this is off to a pretty good start. I wouldn't mind at all if this happened down in Austin for real. I don't know if you planned on it or not, but you may want to include at least a small box score. It is just a suggestion, as you can definitely do whatever you want. Your update schedule really comes down to whatever you feel that you won't get burnt out with as that is the problem with a lot of the new posts on this site, heck it even happened to me. Just make sure you have fun, and that is all that really matters. I'll be following along for sure.
I could do a box score, I probably wouldn't have too much trouble putting that in there. Thanks for the input and feedback!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #18
Rookie

Three weeks in, and Harry felt no different than we have first arrived on campus. The pressure on him to make this Texas team work was heavy. He felt it, the players felt it, the fans felt it. During the BYE week the team looked at it's flaws spending half the week watching film and pointing out their flaws in the game, the other half was spent scrimmaging. Coach Rollins had a private meeting with David Ash, reassuring his quarterback that he had the utmost of confidence in him.

It was time for his press conference, and if anything put pressure on him, it was the media. Harry sat down and some into the microphone, "Welcome to the weekly press conference meeting. Who would like to start?"

"Your team is currently giving up over 250 yards through the air, have you focused in on the secondary this week as you prep for ISU?"

"Nothing different.That stat is probably bloated because of our debacle against Ole Miss, but I feel like we've corrected that and will show it out there."

"David Ash has been struggling for the first quarter of the year, as the coach, have you said anything to him?"

"I backtracked on my "wide open" statement I made a few weeks back. At practice, I got him alone with me and said 'Dave, your a good player, just calm down sometimes. This is your team and nobody else's.' I'm hoping the restoration of faith really lets him fufill his potential."

"Are you concerned your team is focusing more on the game against Oklahoma rather than this game?"

"I'd like to think not. We preached to them about that, focusing on the here and now. Oklahoma is a big game as always, but when you're under .500 every game is a big game. One step at a time." Rollins said. "I believe that's all we have time for, thank you for your presence and have a blessed day."
Old 10-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #19
Rookie

LONGHORNS DOWN THE CYCLONES

Ash celebrates a touchdown pass

Texas Longhorns at Iowa State Cyclones
1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Texas Longhorns (2-2 (2-0))014147-35
Iowa State Cyclones (0-4 (0-1))01007-17

(Austin, Texas) - Things were going great for the Longhorns on Saturday, as the offense and defense came together for a great win over the Cyclones of Iowa State. The passing defense for Texas came through in a big way for the team, only allowing 156 yards on 28 attempts, on the ground, however, some big holes were taken advantage of by Iowa State as 140 yards were picked up by ISU running backs. On his run defense, Coach Rollins said "It will happen over the course of the season, you can't have both aspects of your defense play perfect. 140 yards still isn't that bad but it certainly isn't the best we could've done."

Offense for the Longhorns was a beacon of hope, picking up almost 500 total yards. 334 yards came on the ground over the course of 61 attempts by 6 different rushers. 162 came from the air, with David Ash completing 9 of 15, for 2 touchdowns and no picks to complement his 103 yards rushing. Jonathan Gray provided nice relief as he carried the rock 23 times for 134 yards, Malcolm Brown carried 14 times for 88 yards and one touchdown.

The main concern for Texas this season is their defense, and despite playing against one of the lower tier teams in the conference, they showed just how good they could be. Forcing 2 INTs and limiting the Iowa State offense to just under 300 yards, they showed the can definitely play heading into the tense rivalry game with Oklahoma.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »