Home

Hidden Gem: A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Hidden Gem: A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 17) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Hidden Gem: A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 17)

Hidden Gem
A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise

Welcome to my 2016 Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise! I intend to have this franchise for the long term & take this team to the promised land, writing history for Jacksonville all along the way. I'm by no means an expert in doing these franchise's, guys on here put out such high quality work with graphics, in-depth statistics, and analysis...mine's going to be a little different. This thread is mostly going to serve as somewhere I can relay my thoughts, provide updates, and watch how my team progresses throughout the years. I am also going to be doing full 7 round NFL drafts each season to put all the college football guys in the game. Without further ado, here's some questions I asked myself before starting:

Why Jacksonville?

To be honest, the Jags were never really on my radar until this year. They have always been more or less a doormat in the NFL and certainly overshadowed by the Colts and Texans in the AFC South. The last time they made the playoffs, let alone had a winning record, was 2007 when they went 11-5, beat the Steelers in the WC, but lost to the Pats in the Divisional round. What did intrigue me, however, was that these guys are building an army of great college football players. I'm a huge fan of college football and it's always great seeing players I enjoy following in college succeed in the NFL. The Jags have guys like: Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Allen Robinson (Penn State), TJ Yeldon (Alabama), Luke Joeckel(Texas A&M), Marquise Lee (USC), Blake Bortles (UCF), Dante Fowler Jr (Florida), Myles Jack (UCLA), and many more. A lot of these guys have a LOT of room to grow and already have some solid ratings in Madden 17, hence my title, hidden gems!

What's my goal?

I don't have a season number expectation on this franchise, I'm likely going to play it until MLB 17 comes out in March and baseball season gets in my system. I hope to continue building the Jags through the draft and developing their young talent, reaching the playoffs on a consistent basis and finally making it to the Superbowl for the first time in their history.

House Rules?

1. I will use PTM for all games. I really like this mode & feel it accurately places you in the correct moments to have impact on the game. PTM also provides a good challenge on both the SIM front and actual game, as player ratings become big when you supersim large parts of the game. I intend to play every PTM moment that comes up.

2. All-Maden, Charter04's slider's, Week 9 Roster Update, TDAWGS XP, and 10 minute quarters with 20 second runoff.

3. Realistic franchise. I am not allowing myself to trade manually, only put players on the trade block and accept/decline offers I receive. It's far too easy to glitch this game and get an all-star team in one week and/or 20 NFL draft picks. I will also make realistic free agency picks instead of throwing everything at one guy, ect.

4. I can only use a player for their primary position or the position that most closely resembles their primary. For example: safeties can play both FS & SS, OLB's can play left or right, DE's can play DT, and the O Line can play anything but Center.

Let the games begin!

Last edited by saintrules; 12-07-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: Hidden Gem: A Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise (Madden 17)

Reserved for Season & League Recaps

Last edited by saintrules; 11-18-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
MVP

saintrules's Arena

SEASON 1
2016-2017

Last edited by saintrules; 11-26-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quarterbacks:
1. Blake Bortles (78) - Starter
2. Chad Henne (69)
3. Brandon Allen (65)

Bortles will win the starting job here, there's really no question about that. Blake is a big guy with a strong arm, and while he hasn't emerged as a solid franchise quarterback yet, I believe he has room to grow. Chad Henne and Brandon Allen are backups with really no opportunity to earn the starting job. I'll likely retain Brandon Allen but move Chad Henne for a draft pick.

Runningbacks:
1. Chris Ivory (82) - Starter
2. TJ Yeldon (79)
3. Denard Robinson (73)

In my opinion, we have a really good 1-2 punch with Ivory and Yeldon. I've played a few games with the Jags so far and have been able to rack up a lot of yards between the two. I'll be naming Ivory our starting back, but there is absolutely an opportunity for Yeldon to get a lot of action this season as he will get more passing downs.

Wide Receivers:
1. Allen Robinson (90) - Starter
2. Allen Hurns (85) - Starter
3. Marqise Lee (75) - Starter
4. Rashad Greene Sr (71)
5. Arrelious Benn (69)
6. Bryan Walters (69)

The Allen's are going to absolutely tear it up on the field this season & I am very excited to use them. Robinson will be my big play guy, & Hurns will likely recieve the majority of my secondary looks as he will get a lot of mismatches. A sleeper in this core of WR's comes in the form of USC Trojan, Marqise Lee. Even though he's only a 75, he's got a solid SPEC catch rating and I intend to sling him the ball often in that slot spot.

Tight Ends:
1. Julius Thomas (82) - Starter
2. Marcedes Lewis (78)
3. Ben Koyack (63)

We've got two vets in the TE slots in the form of Thomas & Lewis. They'll get some good looks on drag routes and mismatches, exercising their size/power over DB's guarding them. We'll keep an eye on their progression throughout the season, but don't have any plans to upgrade or ship either of these two off during the year.

Offensive Linemen:
C. Brandon Linder (82) - Starter
C: Tyler Shatley (66)
G: AJ Cann (77) - Starter
G: Luke Joeckel (76) - Injured Starter
G: Luke Bowanko (75) - Starter
G: Jeremiah Poutasi (68)
G: Chris Reed (65)
T: Kelvin Beachum (78) - Starter
T: Jeremy Parnell (78)
T: Patrick Omameh (75) - Starter
T: Bryce Harris (73)
T: Josh Wells (71)

We are not necessarily strong at O-Line, but we also don't have any glaring holes to fill. The O-Line has never really been my strong suit in improving/managing. It's likely I'll target linemen in the free agency if we need improvements, but this is my set i'll be rolling with off opening day. Luke Joeckel is going to be hurt for what feels like the better part of this century, so I will be making a decision on whether or not to resign/extend him during this season or let him go.

Defensive Linemen:
DT: Malik Jackson (81) - Starter
DT: Roy Miller III (78) - Injured Starter
DT: Sen'Derrick Marks (76) - Starter
DT: Abry Jones (74)
DT: Sheldon Day (64)
DE: Dante Fowler Jr (78) - Starter
DE: Yannick Ngakoue (74) - Starter
DE: Tashaun Alualu (74)
DE: Jared Odrick (72)

Between Jackson, Fowler, and Ngakoue, the Jags frontmen are set for the long term and I'm excited to see what damage they can do. Sen'Derrick Marks will start at the moment until Roy Miller returns. There is also the opportunity to get Abry Jones in there or a young guy in Sheldon Day, no lock on DT except Jackson as of now.

Cornerbacks:
1. Jalen Ramsey (83) - Starter
2. Prince Amukamara (81) - Starter
3. Aaron Colvin (79)
4. Davon House (78)
5. Doran Grant (68)
6. Josh Johnson (65)

Ramsey will be our bread and butter corner for a very long time, the guy is an absolute stud and very exciting to use. Amukamara was a big signing the Jags had this past free agency and we'll let him do his thing this season. He'll be up for a contract negotiation during the season, but with him aging a little bit and cornerbacks easy to find in the draft, it's up in the air with whether or not i'll be keeping him around. We'll watch his progression or regression to get a better idea. Aaron Colvin and Davon House are likely going to be shipped off for draft picks rather early. I don't feel these two guys will be able to provide much help this season and I'd rather get draft picks early. I'd rather develop Doran Grant & eventually find a replacement for Amukamara over retaining House or Colvin.

Linebackers:
MLB: Paul Posluszny (84) - Starter
MLB: Hayes Pullard III (66)
OLB: Telvin Smith (83) - Starter
OLB: Myles Jack (77) - Starter
OLB: Arthur Brown (75)
OLB: Dan Skuta (75)
OLB: Sean Porter (71)

Posluszny is currently our highest rated defender and from what I've played so far, he definitely shows up as that & leads in tackles. For this season he'll be our starting MLB and captain of this young defense, but I do question his regression as he gets up there in age. On the outside, Telvin Smith and Myles Jack are both young, exciting, and have room to grow. Myles Jack concerns me a little with how prone he has been to injury, but I can't worry about that until it happens.

Safeties:
SS: Johnathan Cyprien (81) - Starter
SS: James Sample (69)
SS: Jarrod Wilson (63)
FS: Tashaun Gipson (76) - Starter
FS: Peyton Thompson (62)

In my opinion, we are by far the weakest at safety vs. any position on our team. If either of these guys get injured, it's going to be a long day for the DB's & in the pass game. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with this position, do I upgrade during the season, resign these guys, or let them walk and go for it in the draft. Not quite sure yet but I know we need some help!

Last edited by saintrules; 11-18-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #5
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Trade Block:

CB Aaron Colvin (79) - 25 years old
DT Sen'Derrick Marks (76) - 29 years old
OLB Dan Skuta (75) - 30 years old

Aaron Colvin is going on the block simply because he won't be starting this year over Amukamara & with a possibility of us bringing Amuk back next year or looking at the draft, Colvin is just hanging around. Marks is our current starter, but he hasn't impressed me too much. We aren't ultra deep in the position, but Abry Jones isn't far behind in talent and is younger. Finally, Skuta is 30 and third deep in OLBs, smart money is to ship him while he has value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 1 Jaguars (0-0) vs. Green Bay Packers (0-0)
- Score: 13-33 Loss
- Game MVP: Green Bay Secondary (13 PA, 4 INT, 2 FF)
- Game Thoughts: Rough outing to start the season for Bortles (20/34, 195 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT) who was picked off four times by the Green Bay secondary. Couple that with 2 fumbles by Chris Ivory (30 attempts, 139 yards) and there's no shot you're beating the Packers. Allen Robinson (7 receptions, 110 yards) led the game in receptions and yards, but Bortles' inability to make it to the redzone cost Robinson a great day and potential victory. Defense held Rodgers (16/28, 212 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT) to a mild outing.

Week 2 Jaguars (0-1) at San Diego Chargers (1-0)
- Score: 14-28 Loss
- Game MVP: Melvin Gordon (30 attempts, 149 yards rushing, 3 TD)
- Game Thoughts: Bortles (18/25, 217 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) cleaned up his INT act by 50% for this week & threw a touchdown, but 2 picks in a game STILL cost us big as one was for 6. Julius Thomas (7 receptions, 108 yards) got the majority of the receptions, but it was Robinson (6 receptions, 70 yards, 1 TD) who recorded his first 2016 TD this weekend. Chris Ivory (19 attempts, 79 yards, 1 TD) was relatively quiet on the ground compared to Gordon, but it was nice to finally get him a rushing TD. Defense held Rivers (19/27, 134 yards, 1 INT) nicely, but severely failed to stop the run game by Gordon.

Week 3 Jaguars (0-2) vs. Baltimore Ravens (0-2)
- Score: 24-20 Win
- Game MVP: Yannick Ngakoue (11 tackles, 1.5 sacks) & Dante Fowler Jr (7 tackles, 1.5 sacks)
- Game Thoughts: Victory! Proud of the Jags for the win coming off two straight losses, definitely needed that. Bortles (18/29, 228 yards, 2 TD, 3 attempts, 20 yards, 1 TD) had a great game contributing 3 total TD's, 0 INT's, and the game winning drive. This stat line is exactly what I have been patiently expecting Bortles to bring to the table & moving forward hope to see much more of it. On the defensive side, we certainly came after Flacco (24/34, 267 yards, 1 TD) & secured the victory by sacking him within the last 10 seconds deep in our territory to let the clock expire and win the game. The performance by Ngakoue and Fowler Jr has me excited to see what this young, talented duo can do to QB's this season.

Last edited by saintrules; 11-18-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 4 Jaguars (1-2) vs. Indianapolis Colts (2-1)
- Score: 17-22 Loss
- Game MVP: Frank Gore (42 attempts, 172 yards, 2 TD)
- Game Thoughts: Honestly, this was a game we could have and should have won. Andrew Luck (17/23, 218 yards) guided his crew down field deep in the fourth quarter and handed the ball off to Frank Gore who was having a monster day, sealing the deal with a TD. Interceptions continue to be an issue for Bortles (15/33, 191 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT) who, at the time of the game, led the league with 6. Chris Ivory (12 attempts, 31 yards, 2 fumbles) was again quiet and hurt our cause with his butterfinger hands. The defense was destroyed on the ground, but actually managed to keep the Colts out of the endzone quite nicely.

Week 6 Jaguars (1-3) at Chicago Bears (2-4)
- Score: 26-3 Win
- Game MVP: Blake Bortles (23/32, 246 yards, 1 TD, 5 attempts, 13 yards, 1 TD)
- Game Thoughts: I'm starting to notice a trend here, Bortles INT = Jaguars lose, it's as simple as that. In our two wins so far this season, when Blake doesn't get picked off we win our game...interesting. Overall the Jags won the game, as they should have against the lowly Chicago Bears. We managed to sack Jake Cutler (10/20, 112 yards, 1 INT) three times and helped kick him out of Chicago (I'm sure fans were happy). Chris Ivory (31 attempts, 122 yards, 1 fumble) had a good day on the ground, but again, his fumbles are getting on my nerve. Allen Robinson (6 catches, 53 yards, 1 TD) continues to be the main target of Bortles, but that Pro-Bowl type game is still missing from his resume. Defense held incredibly strong, limiting the Bears to a field goal when all was said and done!

Week 7 Jaguars (2-3) vs. Oakland Raiders (4-2)
- Score: 17-30 Loss
- Game MVP: Latavius Murray (41 attempts, 158 yards rushing, 2 TD)
- Game Thoughts: Gotta hand it to the Raiders, these guys know how to play ball. Latavius Murray was the star of the show, racking up 150+ yards and 2 TD's on the day. We've gotta figure out this run defense as we are basically being demolished on the ground this season. Derek Carr (17/26, 172 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) was pretty quiet on the day, but the Jags secondary once again picked off the opposing QB making it the second straight game and 4th out of 6 games this season with a pick...good stuff D. Now to the bad stuff, Blake Bortles (10/24, 207 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 3 attempts, 8 yards, 1 TD) couldn't really find any room in the Raiders' secondary getting picked 3 times total. I must admit, however, two of these picks came off of balls that flew 50 feet into the air on an incompletion and the ball just fell into their hand, not really fair to Blake. Chris Ivory (13 attempts, 51 yards, 1 fumble) was ineffective against a smash mouth defense, however, Denard Robinson (7 attempts, 27 yards) did hit the field for his first action of the season. Allen Robinson (3 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD) had low reception day, but contributed a huge 80 yard touchdown after burning his defender in the track meet.

Last edited by saintrules; 11-18-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #8
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Here are the current standing entering Week 8. I have included their overall league rank in () before their name.

AFC North
1. (#6) Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2)
2. (#7) Cincinnati Bengals (5-2)
3. (#15) Cleveland Browns (4-3)
4. (#31) Baltimore Ravens (1-6)

The Steelers and Bengals have gotten off to their expected starts whereas the Brownies and Ravens switched anticipated records. I gotta admit, the Browns do have some good play makers and started the season off 3-0, but I think reality has caught up with them as they are 1-3 in their last 4 games. The Ravens are likely entering rebuilding mode as they have plenty of aging talents & big contracts.

AFC South
1. (#4) Tennessee Titans (5-2)
2. (#13) Indianapolis Colts (4-3)
3. (#22) Houston Texans (3-4)
4. (#26) Jacksonville Jaguars (2-4)

Home sweet home in the AFC South, and sadly, dead last. I can't say I did not expect this, however, we did have winnable games slip through our fingers including the close loss to division rival, Colts. The Titans are surprisingly off to a good start, ahead of schedule on their rebuild. They've got a young defense and some really good play makers on offense in Marriota & Murray, adding a WR to this bunch in the draft is going to make them very good.

AFC East
1. (#1) New England Patriots (6-1)
2. (#9) New York Jets (5-2)
3. (#16) Buffalo Bills (4-3)
4. (#28) Miami Dolphins (1-6)

Normal picture here in the AFC East with the favored Pats looking strong week in and week out. The Jets are off to a good start but we shall see if they can keep it up. Miami is struggling heavily with Tannehill, could a new franchise QB be picked in the draft?

AFC West
1. (#3) Oakland Raiders (5-2)
2. (#8) San Diego Chargers (5-2)
3. (#23) Denver Broncos (3-4)
4. (#32) Kansas City Chiefs (0-6)

The Raiders looked like a solid team when we loss to them in Week 6, so their record I understand. The Chargers, however, looked much less talented but bolster the same record. I'll have to check the stats, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Melvin Gordon having a good year on that Chargers team as he racked up nearly 150 yards on us in Week 2. Kansas City is struggling on both sides of the ball & have the worst record in the NFL, leaving them dead last in the rankings.

NFC North
1. (#19) Green Bay Packers (3-3)
2. (#20) Minnesota Vikings (3-3)
3. (#21) Detroit Lions (3-4)
4. (#27) Chicago Bears (2-5)

The Pack started off 3-0 but have since fallen to .500 behind the arm of Rodgers. I expect to see a good battle for the top spot in the North between the Packers, Vikings, and Lions. Chicago is in a deep rebuild.

NFC South
1. (#10) New Orleans Saints (4-2)
2. (#11) Atlanta Falcons (4-2)
3. (#24) Carolina Panthers (2-4)
4. (#25) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4)

The Saints are off to a good start and actually hold the #2 ranked defense in the league, wow. I'll be interested to see if this continues being as they are not very highly rated on that side of the ball. Cam Newton and Carolina are struggling to put points on the board, wouldn't be surprised to see them look for a RB in the draft or some solid WR weapons.

NFC East
1. (#2) New York Giants (5-2)
2. (#14) Washington Redskins (4-3)
3. (#17) Philadelphia Eagles (3-3)
4. (#18) Dallas Cowboys (3-3)

I gotta hand it to the NFC East, this is a competitive division. I know the Redskins and Eagles are in a little bit of a rebuild, but they do have some good weapons on both sides of the ball to make plays and win games. Meanwhile, Dak and Dallas can't find a win at home, but are winners of 3 road games for a .500 record.

NFC West
1. (#5) Los Angeles Rams (5-2)
2. (#12) Seattle Seahawks (3-2)
3. (#29) Arizona Cardinals (1-6)
4. (#30) San Francisco 49ers (1-6)

Very surprised to see LA in first here in the NFC West, but I'll have to check who exactly is their QB. Their defense is playing lights out as they are the #1 ranked defense in the league behind big boy DT Aaron Donald. Arizona is off to a horrid start and I can see them missing their window of opportunity this season, 6 losses is very hard to come back from.

Last edited by saintrules; 11-21-2016 at 01:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »