Home

Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career

This is a discussion on Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #9
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Perseverance : Tommy Jacobs' Career

Following hopefully Tommy has a stellar high school career and sets himself up for future College success
Old 11-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #10
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
following, should be fun. going to be starting a new player chise myself shortly
Thanks djp73, looking forward to reading your work, as always !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutiger
Following hopefully Tommy has a stellar high school career and sets himself up for future College success
Hopefully he does, but that would also make for an interesting storyline if he ends up having a less-than-brillant high school year and goes on to have a big college career after that, just to shun his detractors ! Only time will tell I guess.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:45 AM   #11
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Home opener win for our Bengals !

The Bengals were victorious yesterday against Totino-Grace High School, with a score of 45-10 in front of a big crowd of 853 for the home opener. Our starting quarterback Tommy Jacobs had a record game, going 28-for-41 with 503 yards and 6 touchdowns, but threw two interceptions and was sacked once. The defensive unit had a great game too, stopping the Eagles on many occasions and allowing only 10 points to the visitors.

See you next week for another home game, this time against the Minnetonka Skippers !

Last edited by el_rousso; 11-03-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 03:54 PM   #12
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

We caught up with last night's player of the game, Bengals' quarterback Tommy Jacobs, and had an interesting talk with him about this season and what may lie in the future for him.

Blueprint : First of all, congratulations on the win tonight ! Any impressions about the game ?

Tommy Jacobs : It was a great game, nice home opener for the fans in attendance, it was good to see all these people there ! We actually struggled a bit early on, must be because it's our first game of the year, but we were quick to get back to our old habits. We relaxed later when the game was pretty much over, but it was then that I threw those two interceptions, so it was some kind of reminder that as long as the game's not over, you have to stay focused. Fortunately it didn't do much harm, and our defense was there to stop them so we weren't too worried.

BP : You now hold the single game passing yards record for a Bengal quarterback, what are your thoughts on that ?

TJ : Honestly, I'm learning that from you right now ! I frankly wasn't going for any record, I was simply playing, and it seemed that pretty much everything went right today, we just had one of those games where everything goes your way. I'm proud to have that record, but it wasn't just me, as long as I have time to pass, and someone to pass to, anything is possible.

BP : How do you see the schedule this year for the Bengals ?

TJ : Well, obviously with the jump from 5A to 6A, competition should be harder, as every team will look to get as much exposure as possible to promote their players, but at the same time, pretty much every other team we'll play, we did play last year, so most of the players we already know about, so there won't be too many surprises there. Coach Develice has told me I'd start pretty much every match for the season, so the burden of playing well will fall on me, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I believe we can do well this year, and we'll try to right the wrongs we had last year to push it all the way to the championships.

BP : With this being your final year, have you had any contact with recruiters at the next level ?

TJ : Well, I've had a couple conversations with some colleges not too far from here, but right now the most talks I had are with Illinois State and North Dakota State, as well as Minnesota in D1, with my father being a professor there, it probably helped me a bit. I'm in no way committed to anywhere right now anyway, haven't received any offers from anyone, so I'm focused on my own play at the moment, and if there's something to come, I'm sure it'll come sooner or later.

BP : What would you say are your strongest and weakest points ?

TJ : I'd say that my strong points are my arm and my patience in the pocket. I think I'm calm enough to wait for a receiver to get open before throwing, so I don't end up having to throw a lobbed ball simply to give a receiver time to get to it. This in turn makes me throw passes that are solid, limiting the chances to get intercepted (or so I think). An area in which I'll have to work is my mobility in and out of the pocket. I usually can wait out for a receiver, but when I don't have a choice but to run with the ball, my options are a little limited. That's something I'll have to work on to increase my chances at playing at the next level.

Last edited by el_rousso; 12-01-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:44 PM   #13
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Bengals not scared of Skippers, win 31-7

Another week, another home game, another win for our Bengals ! Starting quarterback Tommy Jacobs had another great game yesterday with 390 yards on 41 passing attempts, of which 25 were completed, adding 3 touchdowns to his season tally. One of these touchdowns was caught in spectacular fashion by wide receiver Geo Sarria, as can be seen in the above photograph. The Bengals hit the road for two games, starting next week against the East Ridge Raptors, who currently are 0-2 in the standings. They'll be facing Eden Prairie the week after. Go Bengals !

Last edited by el_rousso; 11-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #14
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Last edited by el_rousso; 11-03-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #15
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Bengals come out with 34-27 win in tough game

The Bengals held on to win by a touchdown yesterday against the East Ridge Raptors, despite a tough game for senior quarterback Tommy Jacobs, who accounted for 3 of the 4 turnovers that we committed. He still had a good outing statistically, amassing 391 yards through the air and two touchdowns. Our defense was weaker than they were in the previous games, allowing 27 points (they had only allowed 17 in two games before that). The team will play on the road again next week, as they'll be visiting Eden Prairie.

Last edited by el_rousso; 10-25-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #16
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

Another tough one, but another win for the Bengals

The Bengals were facing the Eagles of Eden Prairie High School yesterday, and despite some adversity, they ended up with yet anther win, however hard-fought it was. Final score was 31-26 for the Bengals, behind the arm of quarterback Tommy Jacobs, who's slowly establishing himself as a force to be reckoned with in the Blaine backfield. He threw for 394 yards in 40 attempts (of which 27 were completed) and 2 touchdowns, but was picked off twice during the game. Defensively, there were some holes in the Bengals' defense, but they made the stops when it was crucial to hold the lead and allow the team to move to 4-0 on the season. The Bengals will be back home next week, as they will host Maple Grove.

Last edited by el_rousso; 11-03-2017 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »