Home

Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski

This is a discussion on Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #17
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski

I like the storyline about the concussion, adds some interesting tidbits to the story. Do you plan on incorporating this medical history later on during college ?

Also, where does Darren stand regarding his college offers ?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #18
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Glenbard West shocks Franklin Park
posted Oct 6, 2012

DARRENN PAWLIKOWSKI CELEBRATES A LONG COMPLETION, PAWLIKOWSKI BULLS INTO THE ENDZONE

OSTRANDER CROSSES THE GOALLINE, HOWELL DRAGS HIS FEET IN THE BACK OF THE ENDZONE

Glenbard West at Franklin Park was expected to be one for the ages. The two school had historically squared off in a number of close battles and with both teams bringing in 5-2 records a spot in thr top half of the playoff seedings was on the line.

Glenbard West wasn’t having it.

Darren Pawlikowski threw for a pair of touchdown passes and added another on the ground while Glenbard West rolled up over 450 yards of offense.

The defense did their part as well, holding Franklin Park scoreless after a first quarter touchdown and keeping their powerful offense under 300 yards for the game.

Alex Howell ran for and caught a touchdown pass and receiver Craig Ostrander and fullback Narayan Glick each found the endzone as well.

The win puts Glenbard West into the top half of the playoff seedings, meaning if the playoffs were to start today they would have at least one home playoff game.

"It was a great win for us. A lot of hype coming into this one and a lot on the line and the kids all put that aside and played football. It's all you can ask for a coach really." Head Coach Chad Hetlet said after the win.

Glenbard West will host 4-4 Kankakee, a team fighting for a spot in the playoffs with a history of knocking off good teams on the road.

"They travel very well." Hetlet explained. "We're expecting a lot of orange in the stands."

Scoreboard1st2nd3rd4thOTFinal
Glenbard West14070707--35
Franklin Park07000000--07

-----
Glenbard West Key Stats
D. Pawlikowski – 11/19 200Yds 2TD 1Int, 15Car 87Yds 1TD
A. Howell - 12Car 55Yds 1TD, 1Rec 39Yds 1TD
B. Wilson - 6Car 33Yds
N. Glick - 4Car 18Yds 1TD
M. Weisbecker - 6Rec 59Yds
T. Nguyen – 4Rec 41Yds
C. Ostrander - 4Rec 37Yds 1TD
Old 12-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #19
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_rousso
I like the storyline about the concussion, adds some interesting tidbits to the story. Do you plan on incorporating this medical history later on during college ?

Also, where does Darren stand regarding his college offers ?
yes, the medical history will definitely be an ongoing factor.

Darrenn's college offers will be a big part of the story soon, up til this point his recruiting attention has been pretty light as he was an unranked, unknown player coming into the season.

thanks for following and posting.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #20
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

October 7th, 2012

As I went to answer the door a rush of anxiousness hit me. My first visit from a big school. There had been a few visits from some of the local small schools and some calls from big schools but this was the first one in person.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

The next 40 minutes was a whirlwind and I'd be lying if I said I remembered everything that was said.

One thing definitely stood out. I remember it word for word and I probably always will.

"Darrenn, with your size and athleticism we feel you have most of the tools you need to become one of the top tight ends in the conference. With our coaching staff and strength and conditioning program we can provide you with the rest of the tools to make that at reality."

As soon as I heard the words I knew the visit, and my recruitment to that school, was over.

I played nice and said I'd be in touch as I showed him out the door but I knew I wouldn't.

I'm a quarterback.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #21
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Pawlikowski, Glenbard West roll over Kankakee
posted Oct 14, 2012

DARRENN PAWLIKOWSKI STRETCHES ACROSS THE GOALLINE FOR A FIRST QUARTER SCORE, BILLY WILSON LEAPS FOR A TOUCHDOWN GRAB

GEO SARRIA FIGHTS FOR A SCORE, NARAYAN GLICK DRAGS DEFENDERS FOR EXTRA YARDAGE

PAWLIKOWSKI SEALS THE GAME WITH A 41 YARD TD RUN, PAWLIKOWSKI AND CENTER CARLTON GROVER CELEBRATE THE WIN

Kankakee had absolutely no answer for Darrenn Pawlikowski as he piled up over 430 yards of total offense and accounted for four touchdowns in Glenbard West's 30-14 win.

Pawlikowski completed 10 of 14 pass attempts for 204 yards and two touchdowns and ran 20 times for 230 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

"Heck of a performance by a heck of a player." Kankakee head coach Charles Kelsey said after the game. "We just didn't have an answer."

Pawlikowski started things off with a three yard touchdown run on an option keeper in the first quarter. Early in the second quarter he hooked up with Billy Wilson on a long touchdown pass. Wilson out jumped a Kankakee defender to come down with the pass.

"The pass rush got there and I was going to pull it down and run." Pawlikowski replied when asked about the play. "Billy looked kind of open so I figured I would give him a chance to make a play."

Kankakee got on the board in the third quarter when their defense scooped up a Alex Howell fumble and took it 55 yards for a score.

Glenbard West made it 21-7 when Pawlikowski connected with Geo Sarria on a deep crossing route that he caught and took in for a 25 yard score.

Glenbard West held a 21-7 lead when Ryan Harvey hit a 28 yard field goal to make it 24-7 early in the fourth quarter.

"We knew with their playmakers at receiver it was still a game, even up ten in the fourth." Glenbard West coach Chad Hetlet explained. "We still wanted some breathing room."

Kankakee proved Hetlet right when sophomore quarterback Erik Cartwright connected with senior receiver Ronnie Anderson for a 14 yard touchdown to make the score 24-14 Glenbard West with just over three minutes left in the game.

"We wanted to use up some clock and maybe get a field goal for insurance." Hetlet said of his thoughts before the ensuing drive.

After a run by Narayan Glick and a pass to Michael Weisbecker Pawlikowski ran for a 19 yard gain to the Kankakee 41 yard line.

On the next play Pawlikowski kept on a read option, slipped through a tackles and went 41 yards to the house to ise the game with just under two minutes to play.

After a Kankakee turnover on downs a pair of kneel downs ended the game.

Glenbard West improves to 7-2 on the season while Kankakee falls to 4-5 and likely out of playoff contention.

Glenbard West will wrap their season with a trip to Lisle. Lisle is 1-8 and has lost five straight.

Scoreboard1st2nd3rd4thOTFinal
Kankakee00000707--14
Glenbard West07070709--30

-----
Glenbard West Key Stats
D. Pawlikowski – 10/14 204Yds 2TD, 20Car 230Yds 2TD
A. Howell - 11Car 59Yds
B. Wilson - 7Car 37Yds, 2Rec 37Yds 1TD
M. Weisbecker - 5Rec 61Yds
G. Sarria – 2Rec 29Yds 1TD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the new dynasty djp. Look forward to seeing were Darrenn end up, maybe the next Cam Newton.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #23
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
I like the new dynasty djp. Look forward to seeing were Darrenn end up, maybe the next Cam Newton.
Thanks for following and posting. Excited to get him to college. I think I may use dynasty so I have a bit more control.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:42 PM   #24
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

October 15th, 2012

"Darrenn, I can sit here all night and talk up our university and our football program. Our coaching staff. Our facilities. You know everything we have is the best in the nation."

"Yes sir."

"Imagine strapping on that helmet and running out into that stadium in front of over 100,000 screaming fans."

"Yes sir!" I replied, feigning interest.

"We know you could help us and we know we could help you make that transition successfully and set yourself up to get to that next level and leave with some hardware. Does that sound good?"

"Yes sir. It does sound very good."

We exchanged pleasantries and I showed him to the door.

Another school that didn't think I was a quarterback. Defensive end this time. No thanks.

"I'm sorry baby."

"It's all good, just waiting for the right fit. It'll come."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »