Home

Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski

This is a discussion on Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #57
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
What is the order of his top three?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean by that?
Old 12-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #58
Rookie

el_rousso's Arena

OVR: 0

I got a couple :

How hard (or not) was it to choose Northwestern over the other offers ?

How does it look for his first season, are you looking to make an immediate impact, or or your chances limited ?

Got any words for Weisbecker and Howell, since you'll be playing both with (Weisbecker) and against (Howell) ?

I don't know when it is set in the year, so perhaps this question makes no sense : Are you planning to enroll early to get a competitive advantage over other pretenders for the position ?
Old 12-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 0
Big Paws - The Career of Darrenn Pawlikowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Not sure what you mean by that?

For his top three schools, what is the order of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #60
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
For his top three schools, what is the order of interest?
The video posted above shows that.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #61
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_rousso
I got a couple :

How hard (or not) was it to choose Northwestern over the other offers ?

How does it look for his first season, are you looking to make an immediate impact, or or your chances limited ?

Got any words for Weisbecker and Howell, since you'll be playing both with (Weisbecker) and against (Howell) ?

I don't know when it is set in the year, so perhaps this question makes no sense : Are you planning to enroll early to get a competitive advantage over other pretenders for the position ?
Thanks, great questions, I'll address them in the interview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 09:54 PM   #62
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Is there one quarterback that you try and emulate?

Who do you think you compare to, as a 6'5, left handed power running QB?

What do you think will be your biggest challenge playing big-time college football?

What aspect of your game needs the most work and how will you go about that?

How much did the signing of your favorite target Weisbecker have to do with deciding to attend Northwestern?

congratulations on your championship and decision to attend an elite academic university.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:43 AM   #63
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Thanks. More great questions. Appreciate that. Interview will be up tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #64
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Football: Interview with Darrenn Pawlikowski

Pawlikowski at Glenbard West

Bobby Pillote, Web Editor
February 13, 2013

---------------
Football
---------------
CHICAGO – Shortly after his commitment announcement I sat down with quarterback Darrenn Pawlikowski, the newest member of the Northwestern football team. Pawlikowski is a four star recruit from Glen Ellyn where he led Glenbard West to a class 7A state championship in November. The following is a transcript of my conversation with him. Look for a video version to be posted later this week.

Bobby Pillote: Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and welcome to Northwestern University.

Darren Pawlikowski: Thank you. Thanks for this and it's my pleasure.

BP: I posted on the student forum and got some questions from there so we'll mix in some of those and some of my own.

DP: Alright, sounds good.

BP: One of the first things that was posted, not so much asked was 'Pawlikowski doesn’t look like his name should be Pawlikowski.' I assume they're making reference to the fact that it's an obviously Polish last name and you don't seem to fit it.

DP: (LAUGHS) I get that a lot, hear that a lot. My mom is African-American and my father was Polish. They were married and she took his last name.

BP: Your father passed away?

DP: Yes, when I was young. He was a police officer in Chicago and he was killed.

BP: I'm sorry to hear that. Do you remember him?

DP: A little bit here and there. I was only about two years old when we lost him.

BP: So your mother raised you on her own?

DP: She had help, my grandmother. My uncles. Mostly on her own.

BP: What does she think of all of this?

DP: She's my number one fan. She was so excited when I told her I wanted to come here.

BP: She was excited about Northwestern specifically?

DP: Yes. Very much so.

BP: How hard was it choosing Northwestern over the other offers you received?

DP: The whole process was very difficult. It's obviously the toughest and biggest decision I've made in my life. Ultimately I was really comfortable with Coach Fitzgerald and the rest of the staff. They gave me the opportunity to be a quarterback and some of the other coaches felt like I would have to play a different position. Also academics was a big factor for me. I wanted to make sure I went somewhere where I could get a great education. Football isn’t going to be there for me forever so I need a plan for the future.

BP: How does it look for you this first season? Do you think you'll be able to make an immediate impact or will there be a learning curve?

DP: Well the plan has always been to sit behind (senior QB) Kain (Colter), that was clear from the moment they started recruiting me. I expected that. Next year I'm told I will get to compete for the starting spot. As far as this season I just want to learn as much as I can from the coaching staff and the older players. I'll help the team however I can whether that's running the scout team or something else.

BP: How big was it for you when your good friend and high school teammate Michael Weisbecker signed here?

DP: That was huge for me. Obviously I still had to make my own choice but me and Mike have played together since peewee football and we always talked about playing together in college and maybe the NFL.

BP: And another teammate, Alex Howell, signed with Illinois?

DP: Yeah, me and Mike gave him a hard time about that but we're both really happy for him. It's a great opportunity for him. Luckily for him none of us will play defense anymore so I don’t get to run him over like in practice back at Glenbard. (LAUGHS)

BP: Do you think having Michael here with you gives you an advantage?

DP: Well I don’t know about advantage but we're going to be roommates so there's some comfort there of course. On the field too. Just having a familiar face in the huddle and someone I know what to expect from.

BP: You're both planning on early enrollment as well?

DP: Yeah, we're both going to be here for spring ball. We're going to finish up early and get here.

BP: Is there a quarterback you try to emulate? Someone you think you compare to at six five and 230 pounds?

DP: I think the obvious comparisons on playing style and size are Cam Newton and Tim Tebow but I don't really model my game after anyone specific. I think there's a lot to learn from all the good quarterbacks. I've always been a fan of Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers. Guys that play smart and can move around and make big plays when they're needed. I've seen a lot of Steve Young, probably the best lefty ever.

BP: What aspect of your game do you think needs the most work and how are you planning to improve it?

DP: Personally I think I can get better in every aspect of the game. My goal is to get better every workout, every practice, every game. There's a great coaching staff here and a great bunch of older players so I'm just going to try to learn everything I can from all of them and keep getting better.

BP: What are your goals for your time here?

DP: To be the best student, teammate and player I can be and to help the team win as many games as possible.

BP: What about when you're done here?

DP: I'm not thinking about that too much but to just be a good person and be successful. That should be everyone's goals.

BP: Thank you for your time and congratulations on the state championship. Welcome to Northwestern.

DP: Thanks Bobby, I appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »