Home

Back From The Ashes: A San Francisco 49ers Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Back From The Ashes: A San Francisco 49ers Madden 17 CFM within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2016, 05:26 PM   #1
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

OVR: 0
Back From The Ashes: A San Francisco 49ers Madden 17 CFM

Welcome! I have wanted to do a Madden CFM for a while, so I figured I’d give it a go. I have chosen the 49ers for a few reasons. First, I’ve been a Niners fan pretty much my entire life. The first NFL game I remember watching was Super Bowl XIX, and I’ve been a 49ers fan ever since. Regardless of our current struggles (and those struggles are substantial), I will not jump off the bandwagon. Another reason I want to play with the Niners is the team is just bad in Madden 17. The roster has holes all over the place, so I think it will be a significant challenge to bring them back in to year-to-year contention.

Settings
FLAZKO’s Realism Sliders (With TDAWG’s XP Sliders)
All-Pro
15 Minute Quarters w/ 15 sec runoff
No Relocation (I hate seeing the Mexico City Crusaders)

House Rules
I don’t play with a ton of house rules. However, I will adhere to a few things:

- No manual trades. I’ll only accept offers for players I put on the block. I don’t want to have 15 draft picks every year.

- I use PTM. I really feel this mode helps keep me in check. Instead of going for that 4th and 2 at my own 30 yard line in the first, PTM will make me punt. I feel it just helps keep me in check, and I like the stats output from this mode.

- I sim all weekly training and I won’t spend XP on my players/coach until after the season.

- I’m going to edit draft choices to the real players in the first few years. I’ve never done it before, but I think it will add a sense of realism to keep the franchise going.

That’s about it. I’m going to keep this going for as long as possible. I’ll use some basic graphics to assist things, but nothing too spectacular. Hope you follow along and enjoy!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #2
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

Re: Back From The Ashes: A San Francisco 49ers Madden 17 CFM

SEASON RECAPS
Spoiler

Last edited by bjb2445; 02-01-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

Old 01-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

2016 DEPTH CHART

Quarterback
1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Blaine Gabbert
3. Christian Ponder

We will start the season with Kap under center. I feel he just gives us the best chance to be successful, however slim that will be. He will not have many weapons to work with, so things will probably be a struggle. If it becomes too much of a struggle Blaine Gabbert will be ready to step in like last season. Christian Ponder will remain on the roster for emergency purposes.

Running Back
1. Carlos Hyde
2. Shaun Draughn
3. Dujuan Harris
4. Mike Davis

The clear-cut starter here is Carlos Hyde, who happens to be one of the few bright spots on this offense. He will be the feature back and get the majority of the carries. Carlos will be looking to improve upon a disappointing 2015 season. Draughn, Harris, and Davis will battle for the number two spot. Whichever one emerges will be the primary back to spell Hyde during games.

Wide Receiver
1. Torrey Smith
2. Jeremy Kerley
3. Quinton Patton
4. Rod Streater

Many feel that Torrey Smith has been something of a bust with the 49ers. He has failed to get open consistently and the productivity that was expected has just not been there. Having said that, he remains the 49ers best option at WR, so look for him to get plenty of opportunities to shine. Kerley, Patton, and Streater round out a largely unimpressive group.

Tight End
1. Vance Mcdonald
2. Garrett Celek
3. Jim Dray

With Vernon Davis off to Denver, Vance Mcdonald will open the season as the starting TE. The fourth year pro will look to be a focal point in the passing game as Colin Kaepernick has shown a propensity to favor throws to his TE’s. Garrett Celek will be the second TE in two TE sets.

Offensive Line
LT Joe Staley
LG Zane Beadles
C Dan Kilgore
RG Andrew Tiller
RT Andrew Gardner

Joe Staley is the anchor of a unit that struggled in the run game and protecting the quarterback in 2015. He is the last remaining piece of a line that dominated opponents from 2011-2013. The rest are all unknown’s. Dan Kilgore has some experience and is a serviceable center. Beadles, Tiller, and Gardner are all first year starters and are considered mid-tier lineman at best.

Defensive Line
1. Deforest Buckner (R)
2. Arik Armstead
3. Mike Purcell
4. Glen Dorsey

There is some potential with the defensive line unit. 1st round pick Deforest Bucker is a physical freak with the potential to be a major disruptor. 2015 1st rounder Arik Armstead showed flashes of potential last year, but will have to step up into a bigger role in 2016. Mike Purcell and Glen Dorsey will man the nose tackle position. Both are big-bodied men that will be relied upon to absorb multiple blocks on every play.

Outside Linebackers
1. Aaron Lynch
2. Ahmad Brooks
3. Tank Carradine
4. Eli Harold

Aaron Lynch is the best pure pass-rusher on the roster. He will start on the left side and the 49ers expect him to have an impact. Playing time at the ROLB position will be split between Ahmad Brooks and Tank Carradine. Defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil is high on second year pro Eli Harold and has stated he will see the field in passing downs.

Middle Linebackers
1. Navarro Bowman
2. Gerald Hodges Jr
3. Nick Bellore
4. Michael Wilhoite
5. Ray-Ray Armstrong

Navarro Bowman is the heart and soul of not only the defense, but the entire organization. At 28 years old his best years are probably behind him, but his 154 total tackles in 2015 show he can still be a force on the field. Gerald Hodges Jr will play opposite Bowman and look to jump-start his career. Veteran Michael Wilhoite and Ray-Ray Armstrong will serve in backup roles.

Cornerback
1. Tramaine Brock
2. Jimmie Ward
3. Rashard Robinson (R)
4. Dontae Johnson
5. Keith Reaser

The cornerback unit is void of any real playmakers. Jimmie Ward makes the full-time jump from Safety to Corner. Rookie Rashard Robinson will man the nickel corner position. Opposing offenses will look to exploit this group in the passing game. Overall, this unit lacks both depth and talent.

Safeties
1. Eric Reid
2. Antoine Bethea
3. Jaquiski Tartt

Both Reid and Bethea bring experience to a defensive backfield that does not have much of it. Antoine Bethea will be the starter at SS, but second year man Jaquiski Tartt will see significant playing time.

Kicker/Punter
1. Phil Dawson
2. Bradley Pinion

Phil Dawson returns for his eighteenth NFL season. He has proven to be a reliable kicker and one of the biggest special team’s weapons in the league. Bradley Pinion has a big leg and is developing into a solid punter. He will most likely get lots of work this season.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

Tough loss to open the season but as Niner fans it's something we have become quite accustomed to this year.

Enjoying what you are doing in so far, I will be following along closely.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

I really like this so far. Excited to see what happens down the road!
Old 01-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #8
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »