Home

The Rise of the Cellar-Dwellers- An Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Rise of the Cellar-Dwellers- An Online Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #33
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Rise of the Cellar-Dwellers- An Online Dynasty

Updated Heisman Watch Going into Week 5

presented by the Markley Report

Unknown.jpeg

Heisman Watch - Updated: Sep 20, 2016
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Curtis SamuelRB/WROhio StateLast Game: 9 receptions 107 yards 3 touchdowns, 7 rushes 86 yards 1 touchdown
DeShaun WatsonQBClemson27/38 365 4 touchdowns, 7 rushes 45 yards
Grant RushingWRWisconsin9 receptions 114 yards 2 touchdowns
De'Veon SmithRBMichigan21 rushes 107 yards 2 touchdowns
Christian McCaffreyRBStanford17 rushes 185 yards 3 touchdowns 6 receptions 45 yards

Hello everyone, Graham Magee here to talk about the Heisman race as we are about a fourth of the way through the year. We have a very diverse group here so far, with receivers, quarterbacks, and running backs from all over the country, some stalwarts and some surprises. Curtis Samuel leads the pack after multiple huge receiving and rushing efforts. However, many question if he will have the staying power over DeShaun Watson, who has gone for over 725 yards in his last two games in the air, and is the leader of the number one team in the country. The rest of the packs look pretty volatile still, but Watson (and McCaffrey perhaps) look like strong bets at this point.

Last edited by quintessence21; 02-17-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:29 PM   #34
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

The Markley Report

Championship outlook going into Week 5

Well CFB fans, we are a few games into the season now, and the season is truly underway. Although its still a bit early to make any major calls, there have been some big moments and trends that have occurred so far this season. Lets take as look at them.

1) Clemson is the favorite so far

We knew that Clemson was good coming into the year. But they have proven that they are the favorite so far, as the Tigers have torn up the teams they have faced so far. DeShaun Watson is playing for keeps, and Wayne Gallman is having a big year so far as well.

2) There are a diverse group of contenders
Tennesse, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, and Oregon are all teams in the Top Ten that have impressed so far, and its great to see a lot of different teams up top early. Alabama and Clemson look to be a step ahead right now, but the Big Ten and Pac are bringing the heat against the SEC this year. Overall, its going to be very fun seeing who makes it to the end of the season.

3) LSU is shocking people for all the wrong reasons
A true title contender going into the season, LSU has shown that you need a quarterback to win football games. Les Miles is a dead man walking in Baton Rouge, and the Tigers have to find a way to make something out of this season. They are all but gone from title contention, and need to find a new source of motivation as a result

Update on user-controlled teams

Vanderbilt: 1-2
Rutgers: 1-2
Cal: 2-1
Kansas: 3-0
Duke: 1-2
Oregon State: 2-0
Wake Forest: 3-0

-Graham Magee
Old 02-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #35
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

Totally forgot about being able to do game previews, will try to do some more of those if I can
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 12:18 AM   #36
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

The Winston-Salem Daily
Wake Forest 31, Syracuse 24

Unknown.jpeg

The Deacons Roll On

-a close game in the Carrier Dome earns Coach Boyle his 4th victory
Syracuse, New York..

It was entertaining, there is no doubt about it. Wake Forests victory over Syracuse was a well fought and well deserved win, and was thoroughly entertaining to watch. A scoreless first quarter set the stage for a close game, and the game looked like it was in Syracuses favor until Wake Forest scored ten straight right before halftime. Alex Bachman again proved his game-breaking ability with a 61 yard touchdown pass right before half. Both Bachman and Hines have established themselves as the true receiving threats of the Demon Deacons offense. However, the second half started with a stalled drive for WFU, and on the first play of the ensuing drive Devin Strickland took it back the other way for a big Syracuse touchdown. The game stayed tight from there, but a big fourth quarter from Rocky Reid (70 yards) sealed the win for the Demon Deacons.

Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Syracuse Orange
Sep 23, 20161ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-0)0177731
Syracuse Orange (2-1)077721
Team Stats Comparison
WAKESYR
Total Offense328324
Rushing Yards149177
Passing Yards179147
First Downs1412
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards456350
Turnovers02
3rd Down Conversion5-8 62%4-8 50%
4th Down Conversion0-02-2
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-33-2
Penalties2-100-0
Possession Time15:168:44
Scoring Summary
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGWAKESYR
4:59(WAKE) TD Wake: T. Hines 4 Yd pass from J. Wolford70
3:43(SYR) TD SU: D. Strickland 16 Yd Run 77
1:13(WAKE) FG Wake: M Weaver 44 Yd107
0:13(WAKE) TD Wake: A. Bachman 6 Yd pass from J. Wofford177
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGWAKESYR
4:04(SYR) TD SU: 61 Yd run D. Strickland1714
1:01(WAKE) TD Wake: S Washington 29 Yd pass from J. Wolford2414
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGWAKESYR
3:52(SYR) TD SU: S. Ishmael 10 Yd pass from E. Dungey2421
1:14(WAKE) TD Wake: R. Reid 3 Yd run3121
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Wolford11/1917930
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Carney12544.50
R. Reid9707.71
J. Wolord6254.1
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Hines3144.61
C. Lewis22110.50
A. Bachman28241.01
S. Washington26532.51
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
M. Lee6000
J. Williams5000
B. Watsin3010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
M. Weaver1/24/4744
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
D. Maggio13636.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Austin412832.00
Syracuse Orange
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
E. Dungey11/2214211
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Strickland1213810.62
E. Dungey34214.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Strickland3155.00
C. MacPherson36220.60
S. Ishmael11010.01
J. Fredericks11919.00
G. Morris II11414.00
E. Philips11616.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
A. Cordy8000
Z. Franklin8000
K. Samuels32.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
C. Murphy0/13/33
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Hofrichter13636.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
B. Estine 11212.00

Analysis

It was great to see Bachman and Hines continue to establish themselves. It was also good to see Rocky Reid prove he deserves carries as well. The big day on the ground for both Strickland and Dungey is something Coach Boyle must address.

Next game: A big one against Duke and fellow rookie coach Coach Yoon!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #37
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

Currently the rest of the coaches and I are currently on spring break! Will try to get some material up, but since we are all away there will be no games played this week.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #38
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

The Winston-Salem Daily

Mid-Week Interview with Coach Boyle

Reporter Carlton Gilbert: Coach how are you. How has practice been this week?

Coach Boyle: Practice has been going well. We are looking forward to our game this week against Duke.

Gilbert:
You play another first year coach this week, Coach Yoon. How do you feel about going up against him and the Duke Blue Devils, who only have one win so far?

Coach Boyle
: I know Coach Yoon, and I think you have to trust him as a strategist. He will find what works for his team, and I think that this weekend will be a close game. We still have a lot to work on.

Gilbert:
Coach, your 4-0. I don't think anyone expected that out of your team so far. What is your new ceiling for this team?

Coach Boyle: Im very happy with our record, but I think that we deserved our wins and that we expected to win the other three besides FSU. So I'm not surprised with our record. I think the schedule is going to get very tough soon, with Clemson, Pitt, and the Virginias looming. I think we have a lot of work to do to improve still. I have been very happy with the flashes of talent that I have seen, but I also know we need to be playing a lot better before we become super confident. We need more steady offense and confidence. I am a believer in my boys, but I am not making any big predictions yet.

Gilbert: Fair enough. Are you still happy with your quarterback decision? Will Rocky Reid continue to get more reps?

Coach: Wolford is playing well and doing what we tell him to do. He's putting us in positions we want to be in and being a leader out there, which is all we ask for. We do not need 300 yards a game based on the style we like to play right now. Reid is becoming a key player, and having both him and Cade makes for a strong backfield.

Gilbert:
Final question Coach, can you explain what your hoping your offense will look like? Analysis shows your much more effective of shotgun, but yet you talk a lot about establishing the run and controlling the clock. What style do you want to achieve?

Coach: we have our own analysts who give me similar results. We do perform well passing out of shotgun, I agree. However, I think we are still conservative out of shotgun and like to control the ball in that manner. I don't expect to be a no huddle, shotgun specific team in the future nor a ground and pound specific team in the future either. I think the balance seems to be working well, even if it is odd. We do well playing conservative and controlling the clock, with our shotgun passing supplementing the run with smart passing.

Gilbert: Interesting points coach. It is working so far, even though you aren't lighting up scoreboards, you are winning games.

Coach: Like I siad, we still have a lot to improve offensively so that we give our defense, who has been great, more cushion.

Gilbert: Agreed. It was great talking to you again coach. Good luck this weekend!

Coach:
Same with you Carlton. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #39
Just started!

tomthebomb16's Arena

How can this be? With the brute Force of the Fournette train taking names down in the bayou I'm shocked that LSU stumbles to an 0-3 start. With this some questions arise for me. How have they been losing these games? Is it a lack of offense and blocking or is the defense blowing it for them by allowing the big plays? but the real question is, will Les Miles lose his job in the dynasty as quickly as he lost it in real life.

In any case, the rise of Curtis Samuel is something I believed should have happened more this season in the real world. That man can really play and his place in the Heisman race may leave a few op sports heads confused but I believe its a realistic scenario.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:00 AM   #40
Just started!

tomthebomb16's Arena

Another note, How long until this Goldstein guy gets fired. I mean, he's losing games that even Vandy would have a hard time coughing up. Yah sure he beat an FCS team but I'm convinced a top notch High School has that kind of capability. Anywho, it seems that Kansas is making a name for themselves in the Big 12. I'm really interested in seeing how the rest of their schedule plays out, especially since Oklahoma is really trying to make their title dreams a reality. The Baker Mayfield vs Kansas defense should surely make it hard to compete against but if it seems as if you can never count out that Coach Daugherty fella. Man can that guy resurrect a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »