Home

"Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

This is a discussion on "Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty. within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #57
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: "Fear The Wheat!" A Wichita State Shockers Dynasty.

following. y'all need a QB bad
Old 02-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
following. y'all need a QB bad

I feel like most dynasties you start out with a QB that is a better RB than QB. Ik in mine I run the read option into the ground. Lol
Old 02-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #59
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Rebels Ran into The Ground
Shockers pummel UNLV with 400-yard rushing performance

October 9, 2016
by Ronald Wells

This Shockers football team is Jekyll-and-Hyde. A week after posting one of their worst performances of the season, they turn around and put up their best. Taking on UNLV, the team did a complete 180. With the struggles the team has at quarterback, the coaching staff completely abandoned the passing attack in this one. Mario Rivera started once again and only threw for 29 yards. 5 of 9 passing. No picks, at least. The running game did all the work, and UNLV could not come up with an answer at all. The Shockers ran the ball to the tune of 387 yards (400 if you discount sacks), and the running backs did the heavy lifting. Damien Ervin & Rusty McIntire combined for 53 carries & 339 yards, and Rivera added 52 yards & a touchdown of his own. But they weren't the only unit to do damage.

The Shocker defense was ferocious in this one. Five players got to the quarterback at least once, and linebacker Ike Hancock nabbed a second-quarter interception that started the downhill tumble for the Rebels. Johnny Stanton was never able to get into a rhythm for the Rebels, and it seemed like he had pressure in his face on every drop-back. Normally when your quarterback is struggling, you hand the ball off to give him a break. But that didn't work either, as RB Lexington Thomas couldn't find any running lanes. The Black & Gold stuffed every running lane imaginable. It almost makes you wonder if the Athletic Department stuffed the team's Wheaties with steroids or something. Or maybe they put it in the milk.

But anyway, all went well for Wichita State. The Shockers finished the game with 8 sacks. They outgained UNLV offensively 416 to 96. They finished with 25 first downs to the Rebels' 6. And in the end, the team pitched its first shutout since 1984. Wichita wins it 41-0. An old friend comes to town next week, as the Tulsa Golden Hurricane make the short trip up I-35 to Cessna Stadium. The Shocker-Hurricane rivalry dates back to 1930, and has a long history on the basketball court. Both schools hope that the rivalry will transcend on the football field as well.

Key Stats:
Passing
Mario Rivera (WSU): 5/9, 29 yds
Johnny Stanton (UNLV): 8/18, 84 yds, INT

Rushing
Damien Ervin (WSU): 31 rush, 173 yds, TD
Rusty McIntire (WSU): 22 rush, 166 yds, 2 TD
Mario Rivera (WSU): 10 rush, 52 yds, TD
Lexington Thomas (UNLV): 14 rush, 47 yds

Receiving
D'Juan Torres (WSU): 2 rec, 22 yds
D. Woods, Jr (UNLV): 3 rec, 30 yds

Defensive
Roosevelt Harper (WSU): 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 2.0 sacks
Eddie Berg (WSU): 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 1.0 sacks
Ike Hancock (WSU): 4 tackles, TFL, 1.0 sacks, INT
Justice McCall (WSU): 3 tackles, TFL, 1.0 sacks
Cliff Amos (WSU): 2 tackles, TFL, 1.0 sacks
Ryan McAleenan (UNLV): 12 tackles, TFL
Mark Hughes, Jr (UNLV): 9 tackles, 2 TFL
K. Keys (UNLV): 9 tackles
T. Hawthorne (UNLV): 9 tackles
Sam Wily (UNLV): 5 tackles, TFL, 1.0 sacks
Old 02-22-2017, 07:59 PM   #60
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Shockers announce partnership with American Heart Association
Football team will wear "Heart of Gold" uniforms vs. Air Force

October 12, 2016
by WSU Athletics

The Wichita State Athletic Department announced a new partnership today with the Wichita Branch of the American Heart Association. AHA and the Shockers will provide free wellness seminars to the public, which will stress the importance of physical fitness. The school also plans to team up with local public schools to promote health, as part of the NFL's Play 60 Campaign. As part of this new partnership, Wichita State athletic teams will wear all-gold "Heart of Gold" uniforms at least once a year during sporting events. Pictured above are the uniforms the football team will don when they play host to the Air Force Academy Falcons next Saturday.

Quote:
Eric Sexton (WSU Athletic Director): "We are excited for these new partnerships with both the American Heart Association and the Wichita Public School District. We aim to promote health & wellness in the community, and encourage kids to play strong. We are excited for next week's football game against Air Force, and we want our fans to help us kick off this new endeavor."

When asked about the uniforms themselves, the football players were ecstatic.

Quote:
Mario Rivera (QB): "Man, these uniforms are sick!"

D'Juan Torres (WR): "When you look fresh, you play fresh. That's all that needs to be said."

Roosevelt Harper (OLB): "Man, they got us lookin' like the Yellow Power Rangers out here."

Titus Prater (K/P): "Well I don't think anyone cares what the punter thinks. But if you ask me, these unis are pretty sweet."

Heart of Gold jerseys will be on sale in the Campus Bookstore starting today. Get yours while supplies last.

Last edited by kswgrad2012; 02-22-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #61
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012

Shockers announce partnership with American Heart Association
Football team will wear "Heart of Gold" uniforms vs. Air Force

October 12, 2016
by WSU Athletics

The Wichita State Athletic Department announced a new partnership today with the Wichita Branch of the American Heart Association. AHA and the Shockers will provide free wellness seminars to the public, which will stress the importance of physical fitness. The school also plans to team up with local public schools to promote health, as part of the NFL's Play 60 Campaign. As part of this new partnership, Wichita State athletic teams will wear all-gold "Heart of Gold" uniforms at least once a year during sporting events. Pictured above are the uniforms the football team will don when they play host to the Air Force Academy Falcons this Saturday.

When asked about the uniforms themselves, the football players were ecstatic.

Heart of Gold jerseys will be on sale in the Campus Bookstore starting today. Get yours while supplies last.

Where can I buy these?😆

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #62
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKO92
Where can I buy these?😆

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
At a Target, Walmart, or sports shop near you!

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 02-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #63
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Huge win! Making the most of your athletic players, I'm sure the running game will be where you need to get most of your yardage until you get a real quarterback under center. Also, enjoyed the touch of realism with your sponsorship relating to the jerseys! Send one my way

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 03-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #64
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

Comeback of The Year? Wichita won, Tulsa stunned
Shockers engineer 38-pt comeback; Refs screwed over Coach Willingham at end

October 16, 2016
by Ronald Wells

A week after dominating UNLV, the Shockers looked poised to fall flat on their faces against neighboring Tulsa. The Shockers & Golden Hurricane haven't met on the gridiron since the 1980's, but the rivalry has always been heated on the basketball court. Yesterday the gridiron series was renewed, and it was one for the ages.

TU opened the game with a 24-pt first quarter. The team came into the game red-hot at 5-2, having yet to lose a conference game in their inaugural year in the Mountain West. That included a 14-pt beat-down of UTEP (whom the Shockers fell to a few weeks earier). Dane Evans was the mind behind the machine for Coach Phillip Montgomery's team, and he looked invincible early on. The whole team did. TU put up over 200 yards in the first quarter alone, and three touchdown passes. Meanwhile, Wichita State struggled to do anything. Mario Rivera struggled to pass, but the run game didn't help him out much. All that changed when junior LB Ike Hancock laid a hit to Dane Evans' shoulder, knocking him out of the game indefinitely. In came junior Ryan Rubley for Tulsa, and it's almost as if someone turned out the lights on Tulsa's offense.

Into the second quarter, the Hurricane continued to wreak havoc on Wichita. With no Evans, the team leaned on tailback D'Angelo Brewer, and he did no wrong. Punching it in from 3 yards out made it 31-0 TU, and after a Mario Rivera pick-six, the lead was extended to 38. It was at this point where head coach Kaelyn Willingham was seen spitting fire at his football team from the sideline. Given the series of events that would follow, it appeared to have worked. Rivera finally settled into a rhythm, and hit Dion Glover for a 10-yard TD strike at the 3:26 mark. A Titus Prater field goal right before the break cut the deficit to 28.

Coming out for the second half was a totally different Wichita State team. With no pulse in the rushing department, the team turned to senior halfback Rusty McIntire. Despite not touching the ball once in the first half, the 6'4" stud paved the way for an epic comeback. WSU leaned on the ground game in an effort to keep Tulsa's offense off the field. McIntire put up 2 touchdowns on the ground in the third quarter, while Tulsa put up only 17 yards. Going into the fourth quarter it was 38-24, and the Shockers kept on running. A steady diet of McIntire was fed to the TU defense, and the Hurricane had no answer. The passing game wasn't electric but it was effective, keeping TU on their heels and opening up running lanes for Rusty. A 1-yard punch-in at the 6:53 mark had everyone shocked, and another 1-yarder at 4:37 had everyone stunned. Up to this point, the Golden Hurricane had totaled 34 yards in the second half, and hadn't scored since early in the second quarter. Ryan Rubley was struggling, and had thrown 2 picks to safety Jimmie Dahl. The Tulsa offense had hit a ditch, and now the game was tied. But the theatrics weren't over yet.

After a TU punt, Wichita had the ball at the 20 with 3:59 to go. Slowly but surely, they chipped away at the soul of the Tulsa defense. "Run, run, run" was their mantra. That and "Drain the clock", since Coach Willingham didn't want TU getting the ball back. The team had grinded it out to the 14-yard line, and with 0:10 left, Willingham wanted a timeout. For some reason, the referees wouldn't give him one. He ran up & down the sideline yelling "Timeout, timeout!", doing the T-motion with his hands. By the time the refs saw him it was too late, and the clock had run out on regulation. Rather than lining up for a game-winning field goal attempt, the game headed to overtime tied at 38. Coach Willingham was furious.

Quote:
Willingham: "That's bull****! Complete, utter bull****! There's no reason why my a** had to run all the way down the god**** sideline just to call a damn timeout! That's bull****. I hope the [Mountain West] looks into that. I'll tell you that much."

Luckily for his sake, it all worked out in the end. Tulsa got the ball to start overtime and put up a field goal, which the Shockers matched. On the first drive in double OT, Rusty McIntire punched it in for his 5th touchdown on the day. Tulsa had no answer, and Wichita State walked off the field victorious. After having no touches in the first half, Rusty McIntire finished the game with 156 rushing yards & 5 rushing touchdowns. 30 touches overall, and an obvious "Player of the Game" honor. Tulsa walked off the field with a gaudy stat line and nothing to show for it, but shame & dejection. The series heads to TU's neck-of-the-woods next year, and I'm sure their coaching staff will have plenty of bulletin board material. Meanwhile, Wichita moves on to the "Heart of Gold Game" next week against Air Force.

Key Stats:
Passing
Mario Rivera (WSU): 18/30, 157 yds, TD, INT
Dane Evans (Tulsa): 8/10, 121 yds, 2 TD
Ryan Rubley (Tulsa): 7/16, 144 yds, TD, 2 INT

Rushing
Rusty McIntire (WSU): 30 rush, 156 yds, 5 TD
Mario Rivera (WSU): 27 rush, 172 yds
Damien Ervin (WSU): 13 rush, 39 yds
D'Angelo Brewer (Tulsa): 16 rush, 102 yds, TD
Ryan Rubley (Tulsa): 11 rush, 38 yds

Receiving