Home

Coaching Career of Danny Carmichael (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of Danny Carmichael (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #9
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Career of Danny Carmichael (NCAA 14)

Introductory Press Conference

Thank you everyone for coming out today. This is definitely a dream come true for me. Ever since I was a little kid my goal was to play or coach Division 1 football. And for that, I just really want to thank Athletic Director, Dr. Larry Keis for his trust in me that I'm the right man for the job. I also want to thank Mark Dantonio (Michigan State), Jerry Gaddis, Doug Martin (New Mexico State Head Coach) and David Cutcliffe (Duke Head Coach) for the opportunities they have provided me with in the coaching world over the years. I learned so much under them and I definitely wouldn't be standing here before you today if it weren't for them. I'd also like to thank my parents for their love and support throughout the years.

Now, in case you don't know already, I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I was born in Michigan and was raised there. I walked on at Michigan State University as a Wide Receiver. I didn't get much playing time before a shoulder injury de-railed my hopes of getting more playing time and some day making it to the NFL. However, I was lucky enough to get a Graduate Assistant job under Coach Dantonio at Michigan State where I worked with, you guessed it, the Wide Receivers. After two years as a Grad Student, I was made coach of a High School team in Tennessee. We turned that program around and three years later, Doug Martin hired me as the Offensive Coordinator at New Mexico State. After significantly improving the offense, David Cutcliffe hired me as the Offensive Coordinator at Duke, where we were also able to significantly improve the offense. And now, I stand before you today as the next Texas State Head Coach. And I couldn't be more honored to be the next head coach at this amazing institution.

I know you guys are wondering what type of offense/defense we'll run. well, we're going to run the Spread Option offense. And I think we already have the perfect personnel to run the offense. After watching film of the offense, I've seen the mobility of the Quarterbacks on roster and the athleticism of the Running Backs and Wide Receivers. I also have the perfect coordinator for the job. His name is Cameron Wingate, he was a state championship High School coach who ran an offense similar to this. He's a real charismatic, high energy guy, who will be a great fit here at Texas State. And I'm confident, that with this new offensive scheme, you'll see a much improved offense this year. On Defense, we're going to run an attacking 4-3. That means we're going to blitz you from everywhere. Because I firmly believe, you that if you get to the Quarterback early and often, you set yourself up with a great chance to win the game. And that's what I want to do, win a lot of games. I'm going to bring another former High School Coach who has won multiple state championships to be my Defensive Coordinator. His name is Kyle Duke, and he's exactly like Cameron. He's a high energy guy who is real charismatic. Those are the only two hires I can say publicly right now, but the three of us are going to hit the ground running on the recruiting trail. Obviously once we fill out the rest of the staff, they'll join us on the recruiting trail.

A goal we have set in place is to bring in the best recruiting class this football program has ever seen. I'm very confident we'll be able to do that. Because we're going to be relentless on the recruiting trail. We want players to know that not only will we provide them with great coaching that can get them to the next level, but also that they will be committing to a great institution that can also help them get a fantastic degree to help them succeed in life.

Once again, I would just like everyone at Texas State for this incredible opportunity. Go Bobcats!

Last edited by orlegend0208; 02-07-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #10
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Week 2: Ohio Preview

Mid Week Press Conference

Thank you all for coming out today. Everyone in our football program is excited as we're about to kick off our first game of the 2016 season. As you all know, we're going to take on a good Ohio Bobcats team that went 8-5 last season and almost came away with a bowl victory.

We've been preparing for this game all summer. Because, it's important to our players and our staff that we start off the season with a bang and win on this game Saturday. This first game can really set the tone for the season. Plus, it can be a huge confidence booster for our guys since the national media isn't giving us much of a chance. So, I'm excited to see how our guys handle playing this first game on the road.

Cam (Offensive Coordinator), Kyle (Defensive Coordinator), and myself have been scheming over the summer of how to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers. Cause at the end of the day, I think that's what it boils down to. Because Ohio has some big time play makers who will affect the outcome of this game.

For example, they've got a great Middle Linebacker, Quentin Poling (Redshirt Junior, 86 overall). Poling isn't the fastest guy, but he's one of the best in his conference at stopping the run. They've also got a great pass rush thanks to a really good and experienced defensive line. They've got a Defensive End, Tarell Basham (83 Overall) who is also one of the best at his position in their conference, so keeping him in check will be a priority for us. And honestly, I'm not sure if there is a Defensive Tackle tandem as good as Ohio's in their conference. Casey Sayles (82 overall) and Tom Strobell (81 Overall) are two great DT's and they will affect our inside rushing attack. However, the secondary is the weak link of their defense. So, Tyler Jones (Texas State QB, 77 Overall) will need to find ways to attack that secondary to really put us in a great position to win the game.

On offense, they have experience and speed. They return their QB from a year ago and at Running Back they've got two really explosive guys. I like our DB matchups against their WR's. But, the key on defense will be how much push our D-Line gets. If we don't get any push and give their QB time to throw, he could hurt us with his arm and his legs. Then, we have to deal with two of the fastest Running Backs we'll face all year... And if we give them too much room, they'll break off huge play after huge play.

Everyone in our Texas State football program is really looking forward to the game Saturday so we can show them who the real Bobcats are.

Matchup Preview *|* September 7, 2016
@
Texas State Bobcats
(0-0, 0-0 Away)
Ohio Bobcats
(0-1, 0-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
D+Overall RatingC
DOffense RatingC
0.0 (#94)Points Per Game7.0 (#89)
0.0 (#95)Total Offensive Yards229.0 (#89)
0.0 (#95)Rushing Yards156.0 (#56)
0.0 (#95)Passing Yards73.0 (#92)
Defensive Stats Comparison
C-Defense RatingC
0.0 (#1)Total Yards Allowed406.0 (#75)
0.0 (#1)Rushing Yards Allowed162.0 (#63)
0.0 (#1)Passing Yards Allowed244.0 (#79)
0 (#42)Turnover Diff.0 (#42)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #11
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Headliner.png

Stedmon Marberry TD.jpg
RB Stedmon Mayberry scores on a 23 yard TD run early in the 1st Quarter

What a game! We traveled on the road and knocked off a team who was coming off a bowl performance last year. No one thought we stood a chance and yet we beat them pretty handily if you look at the stat sheet.

Ohio took a 21-7 lead in the 2nd Quarter and I was afraid our guys would just shut it down. But, thanks to two huge plays by WR P.J. Anderson we were able to score a TD with just 5 seconds left in the half, to make it a one score game. That TD gave us all the momentum we needed as we shut out Ohio in the 2nd half.

Despite the 2 interceptions, I couldn't have asked for a better game from our QB, Tyler Jones. He was 18/31 for 245 yards and 2 TD's. He also ran the ball 14 times for 87 yards. All in all, he accounted for 332 yards. A really solid game on his part.

Our Sophomore RB Stedmon Mayberry had a really good game as well. If I'm being completely honest, he was much more explosive than I thought he'd be. Mayberry carried the ball 18 times for 92 yards and 2 TD's. 1 TD was a 23 yard run in which he made two defenders miss and then was tackled forward into the endzone. His 2nd TD was from 3 yards out as he bulldozed an Ohio LB into the endzone. I was very impressed with what I saw from him today.

At wideout, P.J. Anderson definitely had a standout day. Anderson caught 7 passes for 82 yards and 1 TD. The TD came with just 5 seconds left in the 1st half and that TD is definitely what gave us the momentum boost we needed to close out this game. Elijah King also had a pretty solid game as he caught 4 passes for 45 yards and 1 TD. His TD was on a 9 yard curl route in the 4th Quarter which gave us the lead our first lead since our TD early in the game.

I can't pick out just one defender to highlight. They all played exceptionally well. With the talent that we have on the roster, to completely shut out this Ohio team in the 2nd half on the road is nothing short of amazing. We got pressure on Windham all game (which is what I highlighted in my game preview) and he forced some horrible throws throughout the game. That is how he only completed 12 of 28 attempts on the day. Not only were we able to pressure him, but we were able to sack him 3 times.

However, one thing we definitely need to improve on is our secondary coverage. While they played very well for most of the game, the passes Windham did complete would always go for a big chunk of yardage. The average yards per catch for an Ohio receiver was 15.5 yards. I think that's too much. And that stat scares me a little next week as we travel to Arkansas.

All in all, I'm very proud of the team's performance today. Obviously we can still improve in just about every area. But this is one helluva start to the season.

************************************************** *****************************************

Scoring Summary.png

Ohio Box Score.png

Last edited by orlegend0208; 02-08-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #12
MVP

orlegend0208's Arena

Week 3: Arkansas Preview

Mid-Week Press Conference

Alright, how we doin today? Before I get into the Arkansas preview, I just want to say one more time how proud of our players' resiliency. The way they fought back after being down by 14 points in the 2nd Quarter was incredible. I know that was a huge confidence builder for our team... And it came at the perfect time too.

Because with all due respect, we're now entering the toughest part of our schedule as we travel to Arkansas this week and then we play a ranked Houston team at home.

This will be a tough test no doubt. It's never easy playing an SEC team.. And it's definitely not easy when you play a team of Arkansas' caliber on the road.

Arkansas runs a Pro Style offense. They like running out of the I-formation and they like getting their Tight End heavily involved in their offense. Which is understandable, cause they have a damn good Tight End. Jeremy Sprinkle is one of the best Tight End's in the country and it will be tough to contain him throughout the game. They also have a trio of solid Running Backs. The first two on their depth chart, Kody Walker (85 overall) and Rawleigh Williams (83 overall) are their power backs. Walker is like a Full Back playing RB at 6'2", 240 lbs. and Williams is 5'11", 223 lbs. Not only are they athletic, but they will run you over. Then, they've got a True Freshman who is extremely fast. Lastly, they have two really good WR's who will be playing at the next level in Drew Morgan (90 overall) and Keon Hatcher (86 overall). So, stopping an offense this good will be a big challenge. However, I'm confident that Coach Duke, the defensive staff, and myself have come up with a defensive gameplan that will give us a good chance to win.

On Defense, they have a Defensive End by the name of Deatrich Wise (90 overall), who is a straight up beast. This kid lives in the backfield... So, the right side of our O-Line is gonna have to play extremely well so Tyler has time to throw. Their D-Line is easily their best unit on defense as they've got stud Senior DT's (85 overall and 84 overall) along with a Redshirt Junior in Karl Roesler (84 overall) who is a good pass rusher as well. They have a star MLB, Brooks Ellis (90) who had 12 tackles in their first game. This kid is all over the field on every play. But, just like last weeks matchup, their secondary is their weak link on defense. Their is one distinct difference than last week though... Their secondary has experience.

This will without a doubt be a very tough matchup Saturday, but I'm confident we can come away 2-0.

Matchup Preview *|* September 14, 2016
@
Texas State Bobcats
(1-0, 1-0 Away)
Arkansas Razorbacks
(2-0, 1-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
D+Overall RatingB+
DOffense RatingB+
31.0 (#37)Points Per Game47.0 (#4)
450.0 (#11)Total Offensive Yards450.0 (#11)
205.0 (#33)Rushing Yards248.5 (#12)
245.0 (#18)Passing Yards201.5 (#44)
Defensive Stats Comparison
C-Defense RatingB+
279.0 (#36)Total Yards Allowed293.5 (#50)
93.0 (#19)Rushing Yards Allowed100.5 (#23)
186.0 (#74)Passing Yards Allowed193.0 (#85)
-3 (#110)Turnover Diff.2 (#13)

Last edited by orlegend0208; 02-08-2017 at 10:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »