Home

A New Beginning: Gonzaga Football Dynasty

This is a discussion on A New Beginning: Gonzaga Football Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #9
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A New Beginning: Gonzaga Football Dynasty

First game should be out soon. Easier since I have played a couple games a couple days ago, but made sure I had all the info to start this when I could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Wash St Takes Down the Zags in Their First Ever FBS Football Game

Pullman, WA- Tempers flared at Martin Stadium this afternoon, as Washington State dominated Gonzaga in their first ever FBS football game. Gonzaga looked sluggish and not well organized, but they showed a lot of fight in a game that meant a lot to their new program. "We might not have played very well, but our guys showed toughness and integrity, which will take them a long way this season," coach Garcia said after the game.

The contest started out with an interception thrown by Gonzaga QB DeMarcus Sexton. Washington State responded quickly with Luke Falk's first TD of the season on a 15 yard pass to wideout River Cracraft. Sexton threw another pick on the next drive, and the same outcome came after this pick. Falk threw another TD pass, this time to his RB Jamal Morrow. Later in the quarter, Falk took one in himself, to make the score 21-0.

After a Gonzaga punt, Falk threw his third TD of the game, and to his third different receiver. This one, and 20 yard strike, went to Tavares Martin Jr. After a missed PAT from Erik Powell, Wazzu made the score 27-0. Gonzaga continued to be very incapable on offense, having to punt the ball back to Washington State two more times. Powell was able to hit his first FG of the season, making the score 30-0 at half.

The Cougars got the ball coming out of half, and they were able to convert on their first drive of the half. Luke Falk delivered a 49 yard bomb to his senior WR, CJ Dimry, who caught the ball, broke two tackles, and took it in for his first career score for Washington State. On the next drive for Gonzaga, they showed some promise. They drove it down the field, but failed, as CB Darrien Molton took an interception 71 yards to the house. The fourth quarter was quiet for both teams, and the Cougs were able to come out with a 44-0 win.

Post-Game Interviews

Rep: "What do you think went wrong for yourself in that game?"

Sexton: "We all sucked. I don't think you could go down our roster and name me a player that was good. I think every single guy on our roster just played like...poop. You get what I'm saying."

Rep: "What can you change to improve next week?"

Sexton: "First of all, my receivers and running backs need to block for me when I run, I just needed to get that out of the way. But for me, I need to have more confidence in my ability, because I can tell you, I have a lot of ability."

Rep: "What are your goals for yourself this season after this game?"

Sexton: "Bowl game. Say what you want about our team and about me, but I want a ring. Potato bowl ring? I don't care a ring is a ring, and I will show off them diamonds to all my haters."

Box Score

Gonzaga Bulldogs at Washington State Cougars
Aug 31, 20161ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Gonzaga Bulldogs (0-1)0000-0
Washington State Cougars (1-0)219140-44
Gonzaga Bulldogs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. Sexton9/259403
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
E. Mosley19713.70
D. Sexton13241.80
G. Kendricks6142.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. DeLoach4287.00
D. Pollock34916.30
A. Spencer 199.00
B. Alberts188.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
I. Wall80.500
J. Carey81.000
G. Lowery50.500
W. Ball30.000
D. Hayward31.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
K. Matthews0/20/000
Washington State Cougars
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
L. Falk21/3732640
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Falk14312.21
J. Williams9141.50
J. Morrow4215.20
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. Cracraft77210.21
G. Marks58517.00
C. Dimry512424.81
T. Martin Jr.34314.31
J. Morrow2147.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
G. McBroom31.000
H. Mata'afa31.000
D. Molton30.011
R. Barber21.010
C. White10.010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
E. Powell1/25/6830

Up Next: Vs UNLV
Old 02-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #11
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

As you can read, I made Sexton as a cocky kind of guy. Would you like to see a storyline around these players? Not an every week think, but just every now and then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #12
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Top 25 Scoreboard

VA Tech 31-17 #1 Alabama
#18 Georgia 30-23 #2 Clemson

ULM 13-38 #3 Oklahoma
Pitt 14-34 #4 Florida St
#5 LSU 7-24 #13 TCU
Buffalo 3-52 #6 Ohio St
Austin Peay 3-45 #9 Tennessee
Temple 7-17 #10 Notre Dame
#11 Ole Miss 14-17 Vandy
Western Mich 42-20 #12 Mich St
Boise St 10-38 #14 Washington
Southern 10-43 #15 Houston
Nevada 0-31 #16 UCLA
N. Illinois 21-38 #17 Iowa
#20 USC 35-7 Hawai'i
Miss St 10-27 #21 Oklahoma St
#22 UNC 22-34 South Carolina
Wofford 24-17 #23 Baylor
Nicholls St 21-41 #24 Oregon
Toledo 14-21 #25 Florida

Top 25

NCAA Football Rankings - AP Top 25 - Updated: Sep 2, 2016
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
13Oklahoma10
24Florida St10
36Ohio St10
47Michigan00
58Stanford00
69Tennessee10
710Notre Dame10
813TCU10
92Clemson01
105LSU01
111Alabama01
1214Washington10
1315Houston10
1418Georgia10
1516UCLA10
16-Virginia Tech10
1717Iowa10
1819Louisville00
1920USC10
2021Oklahoma State10
2124Oregon10
2211Ole Miss01
2325Florida10
2412Michigan State01
25-Miami00

Players of the Week

Offense

Washington St QB Luke Falk 21-37, 326 yds, 14 Car, 31 yds, 5 TD

Defense

Marshall CB Rodney Allen: 5 TKLs, 4 TFL, 4 ATK, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 INT

Game of the Week

#7 Notre Dame @ #4 Michigan

Last edited by bryceisdabest; 02-10-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #13
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Gonna be pumping some stuff out this weekend while I have the chance
Old 02-11-2017, 12:19 AM   #14
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Locker Room after the Game. Everyone is gone except Dave Pollock and DeMarcus Sexton

Sexton: "Dave! Catch the ball. I don't care if you led us in yards, maybe if you caught the ball, you could triple those numbers."

Pollock: "Ok JUCO superstar. Tell me what to do. Did you throw three picks a game over at Arizona Western?"

"I think you meant JUCO Player of the Year. Respect your QB or I will just throw it to my man Bryan, at least he can catch."

"I am the best wideout you'll ever play with, so show some respect to ME. This isn't your team."

"It is now. I am gonna be the reason this program is on top, and you'll see me on your TV every Sunday."

"You are a funny kid..."

"Shut your mouth. You don't have anything on me. Their white guy out there was making more plays than you."

"Say the same about their QB because he was 10x better than you."

"Shut this up right now!" Coach Garcia steps in after a coaches meeting.

"I'm done, coach. DeMarcus just won't stop."

"Yea, I won't stop winning. I'd be at Bama if it wasn't for the cops."

"Well, you play like you should play for Mount Union."

"Stop! Stop! Stop!"

DS: "Coach, I am just telling this little boy the truth, I am the best player on this sorry team. I am only here to make it to the league."

"Ok, boys. Cut it out. I don't want to have to suspend you guys for our big home opener."

DS: "I know, Coach. I am needed. Thad can't replace me."

"Now, Dave, could you get on the bus? I need to speak with DeMarcus for a second."

"Alright, Coach, but one last thing....at least my dad didn't leave me..."

Bam! *DeMarcus punches Dave right in the face*

*Coach Garcia and a trainer step in to break them up*

JG: "C'mon DeMarcus! Boys we can talk about this when we get back to Spokane, but we have to get out of here."

"How you like that, Dave? Sweeeeeeet, sweet chin music baby!" DeMarcus shouts as he nods his head.

*Dave says nothing and walks out with the trainor to the bus*

"Ok, DeMarcus," Coach Garcia whispers, "We need you next week. I am not going to suspend you. I will possibly suspend Dave, but I got your back, trust me."

"Ok, Coach. We got a deal."

*Coach Garcia and DeMarcus leave the locker room to board the bus*

Give Thoughts on the story aspect and if it should continue. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #15
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Gonzaga HC Jeff Garcia Under Investigation for Suspension of WR Dave Pollock; Pollock Announces He Will Finish Career at Utah St Next Season

"We will not discuss this situation until we get all of the facts on what happened Saturday afternoon," Gonzaga AD Mike Roth said in a press conference Tuesday. Reportedly, former Gonzaga wide receiver Dave Pollock said on twitter, where he announced he would be transferring, that he was cheated by Gonzaga. Sources have said that Pollock has already packed his bags, and he is already on campus at Utah State. Pollock will be eligible to play for Utah State for one year next year. "Dave told us he was going to come in to finish his college here, and if we let him on the team, he would play. We are ore than happy to allow him to be on our football team next year, and we hope he can provide for us on and off the field." Utah State coach Mike Wells said today.

Sources do not have any information on what happened after the game on Saturday, but some have assumed what happened. Some think that there was some sort of conflict between the coaches and Pollock, and he just wants out after it. Others think there was conflict between Pollock and another player, and Pollock did something that got him suspended. The interesting thing about this story is that their is an investigation. This means Pollock must have told officials at Gonzaga that he was treated unfairly, and they will investigate it to see if this is true. If Pollock was treated unfairly, this does not bode well for coach Garcia because this is only his first game on the job. Either way, both sides have done a good job of keeping whatever happened quiet. At this point, we can only guess what happened. Stay tuned to ESPN for any and all updates on this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #16
Rookie

bryceisdabest's Arena

Game 2 should be coming soon. Just trying to add an interesting narrative to begin the dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »