Home

Bard's Coaching Career

This is a discussion on Bard's Coaching Career within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Bard's Coaching Career

Backstory: Pre-season has come, and gone, Jim Caldwell of the Detroit Lions has had to step down due to a sudden illness is a very close family member that was not disclosed. The Lions are now left with a big void, and Week 1 of the season is nearing. The Detroit Lions have been reaching out to every contact possible for a potential short-term fix, possibly just for the 2016-2017 season. They are now about to conduct interviews.

Bob Quinn: Okay, nothing too amazing about the people so far today...*sigh*...looks like we have one more, then if he doesn't work out I am not sure what to do, fifteen up, and fifteen down...*sigh*...Sarah, go ahead and let in our final guest.

*Tanner Allen walks in*

Bob Quinn: Tanner Allen? *laughs* Wow, I did not think someone in a different sport, especially baseball would try to transition over to the NFL as a head coach.

Tanner Allen: Oh, sorry, is this not the Detroit Tigers office? *laughs* Bob, you have a big opening, and I think I am the man for the job. I guarantee you we will make the playoffs under me, and if we don't you can fire me on the spot once we don't...but once we do, I want a raise. Also, I am going to fix our scheme. Our quarterback situation is not very good here, and I do enjoy myself some running game, so how about it, Bob, give your old pal a chance.

Bob Quinn: You know what? I think we can settle contract details over lunch tomorrow, one year deal, and I am making you stick to that playoff prediction...both of our necks are on the line here!

- End Backstory -

Hey guys! Bard here, and welcome to my Madden 17 Franchise! Little late to the party, but I feel like I will be rolling with Madden 17 for a long time, as I don't buy NFL games every year, and I want to do this and MLB 17 The Show as my two posting franchises, with WWE being around very rarely.

I hope you all enjoy!

Madden 17 - Updated'ish rosters
Quarters - 7 minutes
Coach Firing - On
Everything Else - Default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

Re: Bard's Coaching Career

Detroit - Today the Detroit Lions new head coach Tanner Allen announced that the team has brought in veteran QB Michael Vick, and young QB Johnny Manziel both on one year deals, worth a little over 2.5 million each. Coach Allen had the following to say, "[Michael] Vick is a clever veteran in this sport, we all realize this could be his final year in the NFL, and I am excited to see what kind of presence he can bring to this unit on the field, and off the field. Johnny Football on the other hand...he has all the talent in the world, and I am hoping a year under both Vick and Strat will help him grow, and possibly next season he can take over here for us." Is this a good duo to go after? It is to be seen, but we all know week one is nearing, and the Lions are heading to face off with the Colts!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
All Star

Bard's Arena

Detroit Lions 0-0 vs. Indianapolis Colts 0-0

vs.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
All Star

Bard's Arena

Week 1:

Detroit Lions 0-0 vs. Indianapolis Colts 0-0

GameDay - Amazing first half of defense for both sides! The Lions are up 7-0, and there has been three interceptions, and two sacks. The first two picks were on Andrew Luck, and the third being on Matthew Stratford late in the second. Both sacks have come from the Lions putting tons of pressure on Andrew Luck. The Colts have not been able to establish neither a running, or a passing game so far in this one. It seems as of the Lions have a solid passing game working, and are starting to pour on the running game on the stunned Colts. Let us see what the second half has in store! WHAT A START! The Colts run it back for 102 yards to make it 7-6! Not sure what really happened there, but it is now 7-7. Golden Tate III tore his shoulder late in the third as we marched down and connected with our second touchdown to regain the lead, 14-7...this couldn't really be worse. This game got intense in the 4th and final quarter. The Lions failed miserably trying to run out the time, and had to punt. 1:28 if what is left in this one, 21-14 Lions lead, and Luck is on a quest for the W. Play one...SACK! Play two...SACK! Play three...50 yard bomb! OUT OF BOUNDS! 3rd and 22, Luck goes for it again, incomplete pass! The Lions have :48 seconds remaining, and are at the 5 yard line. Riddick rushes it in! 28-14! Luck tried his best to air-mail it, but in the end a 6th, yes SIXTH!.. Sack ends the game.

1st Quarter: 0-0
2nd Quarter: 7-0
3rd Quarter: 7-7
4th Quarter: 14-7
Final: 28-14 Lions

Scoring Plays:

- Stafford to Wright 12 yard pass

- Stafford to Kerlsey 8 yard pass

- Stafford to Gooden 3 yard pass

- Riddick 5 yard rush

Player Highlights:

- Stafford 18/27 - 217 YDS - 3 TD - INT

- Riddick 9 ATT - 36 YDS - 1 TD - 2 REC - 45 YDS

- Jones 5 REC - 61 YDS

- Wright 3 REC - 45 YDS - 1 TD

- Kerley 3 REC - 15 YDS - 1 TD

- Tate III 2 REC - 20 YDS (Shoulder Tear)
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
All Star

Bard's Arena

Tennessee Titans 0-1 vs. Detroit Lions 1-0

vs.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #6
All Star

Bard's Arena

Week 2:

Tennessee Titans 0-1 vs. Detroit Lions 1-0

GameDay - Jones picks up his first touchdown as a Lion in our first drive of the game after making the Titans punt! Stafford looked amazing going 6/6 60 YDS! First play of run two for the Titans opens with a 11 yard sack on Marcus! That drive, and quarter ends with a second sack! That is 8 sacks in 5 quarters for the Lions! Mariota ends the first half 5/14 with 76 yards passing, Lions ball with :13 seconds remaining on the half. Riddick with a 10 yard rush brings us to halftime. 7-0 Lions. Late in the 3rd after a long run, the Lions connect with their second TD! 14-0 Lions! With :27 seconds remaining, Slay picks off Mariota! 17-0 Lions, this one is over! (Bumping difficulty after this one)

1st Quarter: 0-7
2nd Quarter: 0-0
3rd Quarter: 0-7
4th Quarter: 0-3
Final Score: 0-17 Lions

Scoring Plays:

- Stafford to Jones 7 YD Pass

- Stafford to Pettigrew 10 YD Pass

- Prater 18 YD FG

Player Highlights:

- Stafford 24/26 - 226 YDS - 2 TD

- Riddick 12 ATT - 36 YDS

- Jones 8 REC - 75 YDS - 1 TD

- Pettigrew 7 REC - 73 YDS - 1 TD

- Kerley 4 REC - 29 YDS

- Wright 2 REC - 31 YDS
Old 02-06-2017, 11:14 PM   #7
All Star

Bard's Arena

Detroit - Darius Slay and the Detroit Lions have reportedly opened up extension talks. The Lions are sitting at a 3 year deal north of 35 million, but Slay is wanting a 4-5 year deal at this time. They have also made an offer to Stephen Tulloch projecting to be 3 years at 22 million, and according to an inside source, the deal is to be completed very soon, maybe even as soon as before the game against the Packers in week 3.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #8
All Star

Bard's Arena

Detroit Lions 2-0 vs. Green Bay Packers 2-0

vs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »