Home

The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #49
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14)

I feel compelled to explain why this thread died. I'm just going to come out and say it. You guys are outstanding at what you do here. I thought I could put out a decent dynasty report and at least fit in with the awesomeness you guys deliver. But I didn't realize the work that goes into this. The pictures, the photoshopping, the stats, all of it, was just too much for my patience. I wanted to play more and edit less. So I played on and threw the reporting in the can. But I want this to be less an indictment of me falling short on this and more a testament to all of your dedication to some great reporting. Seriously, thanks for the great reads. This is definitely an art.

So what became of Texas State and ol' coach O'Bradovich? Well to pick up from where I left off, we lost to Georgia State. But with a new found energy and more of a commitment to the run game, the Bobcats went on a five game winning streak, including a victory over Western Kentucky to ensure a conference title. Stedman Mayberry broke the school record for rushing touchdowns. But then we were blown out in the bowl game by FIU. In true NCAA 14 fashion, Head coach Withers left after one year for Colorado. Texas State hired Western Kentucky's head coach. And that following year we won one less game, but won our bowl game. Mayberry broke his own touchdown record and was a finalist for many offensive awards. And our head coach left again, for Rutgers. My impatience got the best of me and I took a head coaching job at Rice. I played one season there, won a conference title and won the bowl game, and was hired by Texas A&M. I went 5-0 and after beating Alabama, I lost interest in that dynasty. So in hindsight, maybe I wasn't cut out to present a realistic dynasty thread.

The thing is, I still love some aspects of it. I like the journalism angle and storylines. Maybe I'll start something in my blog section that may not be for everyone, but will keep the game exciting at least for me. So with that, I want to thank you all that have read my dynasty and also want to thank everyone on the dynasty forums for your hard work. I will be following.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #50
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The Lone Star Underdog - A College Coach's Journey (NCAA 14)

if it helps, the best thing i picked up about dynasty reporting is to cut all the extra stuff. i use to write articles about every recruit, game preview, etc. and all that did was just take away the fun and energy because i had to write all types of articles before i could actually play the game.

now i just post the recaps, and small things on the side that i MUST mention like an injury or something. this allows me to generally play a season ahead of my report with no problem. during the game i take maybe one or two notes of game changing plays, grab a picture, and may post the recap weeks afterterward

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »