Home

From D3 dominance to D1 champs: This is Mount Union

This is a discussion on From D3 dominance to D1 champs: This is Mount Union within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

IMG_1568.JPG

I've started a dynasty with my team builder and real life D3 powerhouse the Mount Union Purple Raiders. I'm using their 2016 roster and making everyone a year older than listed as on there. I'm using jarodds black slider set with the only change being normal game speed.
I have some dynasty rules;
Can only run 5 option plays per game
Not allowed to hot route streaks on the same side of the field
For the first few years will only recruit in Ohio with 2 exceptions.
I'll be looking to sign 1 1* stud a year, this 1 star can be from any state. I'm going to turn these 1 stars into legitimate playmakers if I can.
The 2nd exception is, when the time comes I can sign 1 5 star from out of state.
I'll also be creating recruits in the off season and following their careers. If you guys wanna name some recruits let me know! They will be gold(85-95), silver (80-84), and bronze (70-80).
I'm not allowed to recruit any created recruits over 75.

We play in the Big16 Conference. Formerly the Big10, I've added Virginia teams, Michigan and Ohio teams. I will post the conference standings in week 3, as well as top players and statistical leaders every 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-14-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Coach B'rad Sizzle has taken over legendary D3 program Mount Union. The Purple Raiders have ran through D3 amassing a record of 742 wins, 386 losses and 27 ties. Adding 12 national titles in the last 25 years to go along with their stunning record. Many times competing against Wisconsin Whitewater. Mount Unions last title came in 2015.

Coach Sizzle knows it will be a long road before they reach a D1 national championship.
"We have a lot of talented and great kids, but honestly at this point it is reasonable to say a lot of them aren't D1 talent. It sucks in that aspect because now the kids who would normally go to Mount Union to continue playing football will not be able to, we have to recruit better talent and can't win just on scheme or with coaching. But I will do my best to give as many kids from Ohio a chance to play somewhere. I'm talking about those kids who are told they can't make it at Ohio State or Cincinnati. Every kid in Ohio knows Mount Union even if they know they're to good for D3 and in the long run our tradition will help us get a lot of talented athletes."

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-06-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Mount Union 2017 Season Preview:

Mount Union comes into its first division 1 season with a defense that dominated D3. Led by a lot of veteran players who won a national title in 2015.

Top Defensive players
Trevor Cox 5'8 strong safety (jr)

Kollyn Krenshaw 5'8 free safety (jr)

Brian Groves 5'9 corner (sr)

Austin White 6'2 225 corner (sr)

And last years leading tackler Junior Middle linebacker 5'10 Danny Robinson. Robinson also added 3 pick sixes. Robinsons explosiveness and ability may Land him some playing time on offense.

The Mount Union offense was very young last year playing 3 freshman quarterbacks. This year is no different as most of the stars and starters are sophomores.

Top offensive players:
Jawanza Evans-Morris 5'8 185 running back (jr)

Justin Hill 6'2 wide receiver (jr)

Dom Davis 6'2 qb (so)

D'angelo Fulford 6'2 qb (so)

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-08-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

Old 07-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

IMG_1556.JPG

Mount Union running back Elliot Nero barrels into the end zone through 2 Texas State defenders

MOUNT UNION DOMINATES TEXAS STATE IN FIRST DIVISION 1 GAME

Mount Union pulled off its first D1 victory over Texas State last week in a fashion common to their D3 days. They routed Texas State 39-20 running up the score by throwing a last second touchdown from D'angelo Fulford.

Mount Union not only looked good on offense amassing 394 yards total but looked dominant on D holding Steadman Mayberry to 53 yards on 18 carries. Senior corners, Austin White and Brian Groves added ints. Dom. Davis led the offense completing 80% of his passes (18-25) for 225 yards. Evans-Morris who is by far the most explosive player on Mount Union, totaled 125 yards on 25 carries and 2 tds, added 14 yards receiving as well. Elliot Nero added 2 tds on the ground.

Coach Sizzle on his teams 1st D1 victory "This is a great feeling and I couldn't be more proud of these guys. Coming from D3 and reaching the level these guys had to reach so soon, I really couldn't be more proud. We played so beyond D3 football today and I can't wait for the future. But we also know these guys were in the same spot we are just a few years ago and we have to keep getting better."

This week Mount Union has a buy and will play Nevada next week.

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-06-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Mount Union wide receivers Demarco Haynes and Cole Moxie collide on crossing patterns, leading to a Nevada interception at Nevada's 15 yard line. Nevada took control of the ball up 28-14 in the 3rd and never looked back.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS WEEK 2

NEVADA HUMBLES MOUNT UNION IN 52-22 ROUTE. POST GAME INTERVIEW WITH COACH SIZZLE LATER TONIGHT.

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-07-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
Rookie

POST GAME INTERVIEW WITH COACH SIZZLE.

"Your team came out prepared in the first half and actually should've been leading at half if not for turnovers. What happened in the 2nd half? You guys looked flat."

Coach Sizzle, "(chuckles) Flat? The 2nd half we were like a completely different team. Guys were running routes and running into each other, we just looked and felt disjointed. It's something I know this team hasn't felt. It was very humbling for us."

"Dom Davis made some nice throws and once again completed a high percentage of passes. Jawanza also had a nice day with 67 yards rushing and another 57 receiving, Cole Moxie lit up the secondary with 111 yards on 6 catches, yet you guys still lost by 30. What are somethings that could improve and help you guys?"

Coach Sizzle, " For one, we had 5 turnovers. A back breaking interception late in the 3rd that gave them back all the momentum, this game may have been different if that didn't happen. Both our defensive and offensive lines need to improve. And I as a coach need to let these kids know what it takes to survive and thrive at this level. We will be fine. It's a process. Thank you guys."

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-08-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Team leaders:

Passing yards:
Nev
T.Stewart: 6-13, 70 yards, 0 tds,

MUPR
D. Davis: 18-27, 175 yards, 1 int
D.Fulford: 7-13, 123 yards, 1 int

Rushing:
Nev
J. Butler: 17 carries, 188 yards, 3 tds
T. Stewart: 13 carries, 91 yards, 2 tds

MUPR
J. Evans-Morris: 18 carries, 67 yards, 1 td

Receiving:
Nev
W. Demps 2 catches 21 yards

MUPR
C. Moxie: 6 catches 111 yards

Next week Mount Union takes on Iowa, who was ranked #13 coming into this week but got embarrassed 31-3 at Iowa State. Iowa looked lost as they could only muster 142 yards of offense and quarterback Nate Stanley went 6-25 for 53 yards.

Last edited by Shilldog34; 07-08-2017 at 06:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »