Home

#SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

This is a discussion on #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #65
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #SWARM: A Westlake State Dynasty

Week 15, 2013

Swarm lose 10-6 to Texas State on Senior Day

DE Preston Howe shows out in return from back injury, final college game,
with 11 TAK, 3 TFL, and a sack -- Tyler Siudzinszi runs through Swarm defense, 121 yards on 23 carries

Akron, OH -- The inaugural season of Westlake State football wrapped up yesterday, with the Swarm falling to 2-10 with a 10-6 loss at the hand of the Texas State Bobcats.

Westlake State started an all senior lineup. (Except at corner, where they have no seniors) Among the 22 men starting were DE Preston Howe, who hadn't played since week 2 due to a back injury, but managed a stellar performance with 11 tackles, including 3 for a loss, and a sack in his last college game, and HB OJ McNair, who was also returning from a back injury. McNair, however, was not as lucky as Howe, and aggravated his injury in the first quarter, sidelining him.

This game was one of the less exciting I've ever seen. It finished 10-6, but was no great defensive battle. The offenses for both sides looked sloppy, and honestly looked like they'd prefer to be somewhere else. The game saw 14 punts, and both teams played a very slow ballgame.

At the end of the day, it came down to Texas State tailback Tyler Siudzinski, who ran for the only touchdown of the day, a 12 yards carry, and ended up totaling 121 yards on 23 carries, including a late first down that put the game away.

For Westlake State's 29 seniors, this game was likely the last time they'll ever play competitive football.

"I just wanna thank all these guys, man. To come in here, some of them aren't even on full scolarship, and to give this team their all, just means the world to me and I'm proud of each and every single one of them.", said coach Banks postgame.

The Swarm's first season concludes with 2 disappointing losses. It'll be up to Banks and the rest of his coaching staff to guide this team to a better finish next season.

Senior linebacker Brady Church (51), soaks it all in before walking off the field for the last time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #66
MVP

young22's Arena

2013 Season Recap

Record: 2-10, Independent

Award Winners: None

All Americans: 1st team All-Independent: MLB Brady Church (80 TAK, 2 sacks, 1 pick, 1 FF) 2nd team All-Independent: RE Connor Foreman (43 TAK, 8 sacks), CB Chaz Montgomery (45 TAK, 2 sacks, 2 INT, 1 DEF, 1 FF), CB Pat Godfrey (57 TAK, 3 INT, 5 DEF, 1 FF, 1 TD)

National Champion: Ohio State (13-1), beats FSU 44-21

Heisman Winner: Josh Dobbs, Tennessee QB. 2668 yards passing, 969 yards rushing, 36 total TD
Old 07-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #67
MVP

young22's Arena

Ok season 1 is over. I'll update all the stuff on the front page, and the offseason will probably all be up by Monday night.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:36 PM   #68
MVP

young22's Arena

2013 - Players Leaving

Everyone is graduating, no transfers, obviously no draftees

Name - Position - Rating

Bold denotes departing starter

Sam Pickens - K - 81

Terry Knox - C - 76

Brady Church - MLB - 76

O.J McNair - HB - 76

Brennan Banks - SS - 75

Fabian McCormick - DT - 75

Kirby Cowan - DT - 75

Alan Frazier - P - 75

Connor Foreman - RE - 75

Broderick Booth - QB - 74

Kody Starks - WR - 74

Deonte Suggs - WR - 74

Daryl Gandy - WR - 72

Tyjuan Sparks - HB - 72

Terry Hale - ROLB - 72

Preston Howe - LE - 72

Damion Gay - QB - 70

Laurence Browning - WR - 70

Elton Dudley - FS - 68

Kyler Montoya - QB - 66

Justin Hayward - RG - 66

Derek Houston - RT - 66

Antwan Holden - RG - 65

Keon Mayo - WR - 64

Reynaldo Kramer - LT - 63

J.D Jolly - TE - 63

Donnie Roland - RG - 58

Kingsley Pope - TE - 55

Barry Duncan - FB - 50
Old 07-22-2017, 09:44 PM   #69
MVP

young22's Arena

The Westlake State Chronicle

Swarm receive 4 transfers

By Mike Calhoun
Football beat reporter

Westlake, OH -- Some good news for the struggling Westlake State football program today, as they've received requests to transfer from 4 players, headlined by former Ohio State DT Dre'Mont Jones.

The quartet consists of Jones (6'3, 280, 80 ovr), Maryland RE Dion Goldbourne (6'4, 200, 65 ovr), Toledo tailback Shakif Seymour (6'0, 205, 67 ovr), and UMass RE Sharif Saleem (6'5, 251, 62 ovr).

All 4 players are freshmen, with Jones being the only one who's used up his redshirt year. All 4 should contribute in 2015, with Jones likely to be the star of this defense.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #70
MVP

young22's Arena

We really just got an Ohio State DT. Dude is gonna be a stud by the time he plays. Probably be my first drafted player for this team. Huge to get a guy like that, seeing as we were awful at stopping the run.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #71
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

I checked out the first few posts but it looks like I've fallen behind the last couple days. Looking forward to going back and reading through season 1.

I've done my share of off the record cupcake/build em up dynasties in years past and those transfers are going to be absolutely huge for you. Too bad you couldn't land a potential impact QB but you did a running back so that's good.. and any help is better than no help!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #72
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
I checked out the first few posts but it looks like I've fallen behind the last couple days. Looking forward to going back and reading through season 1.

I've done my share of off the record cupcake/build em up dynasties in years past and those transfers are going to be absolutely huge for you. Too bad you couldn't land a potential impact QB but you did a running back so that's good.. and any help is better than no help!
Appreciate you checking in bro. Started on your dynasty yesterday actually. Great read, and I love your presentation.

The DT is massive for us man. Dudes already an 80 overall. He'll be 85 minimum by the time he plays. Does suck that we couldn't get a QB, as you'll see when I break down the roster next year, our situation there is awful. We might do worse next season, honestly. Praying that we luck into some guys from Ohio next year. With these recruiting rules it's gonna be a long time before Westlake State is landing top prospects.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »